Young Drivers

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Geedon son! 

My lad passed his test this morning...made up for him, got him a car yesterday...hes off now! 

Life lesson learned there bud .Never ,ever, ever teach family to drive nor ever, ever ,ever get on a horse your wife says is very gentle .Nearly Feckin died this avo getting on a hunter that hates men

Posted Images

On 04/07/2023 at 19:28, paulus said:

My youngest son wanted to learn to drive, So i put him on the BMW X1 2I insurance, now this car is an automatic, been taking him out and to be honest he soon got the hang of it, road position and all that, He said he wanted to pass his test in a manual, Now the van would be no good, so i found a 2003 Vauxhall Agila 70k but the timing chain was rattling its tits off. gave the bloke roughly scrap value for it £150. £95 on a chain kit, £48 for a head gasket kit and valve stem seals, it now runs fine. took him out earlier, f**k me he frightened the life out of me ? I am not sure if i should carry on and risk a heart attack or get him some lessons with a professional. 

good effort teaching him the basics but now he needs to learn how to pass his test, very different kettle of fish altogether, for that he needs an instructor, try and get one that does block bookings or there is going to be so much time between lessons he`ll have forgotten some pointers, the test now is probably VERY different to the one you took years ago.

1 hour ago, dean1 said:

What sort of money are you paying for your lads insurance ?

Got it for £1100 with an app based monitoring system.. was around £3k without the system.

• Like 3
On 06/07/2023 at 08:29, NEWKID said:

Got it for £1100 with an app based monitoring system.. was around £3k without the system.

Pretty good, my lads first insurance on a basic Corsa at 19 (20 years ago) was £950 ?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, dodger said:

What's everyone paying for there insurance now out of interest, I'm 43 n still paying 480 n that's for a zafira n 25 year no claims?

I was paying just shy of 500 for V70 just got an xc90 £800 I'm 46 with full no claims. It's another rip off... Not helped by all the whiplash claims etc but they'll squeeze everyone for all they can get, and they've complicated the insurance numbers used to be 1-20 now mine is 34/46 whatever that means