Young Drivers

My youngest son wanted to learn to drive, So i put him on the BMW X1 2I insurance, now this car is an automatic, been taking him out and to be honest he soon got the hang of it, road position and all that, He said he wanted to pass his test in a manual, Now the van would be no good, so i found a 2003 Vauxhall Agila 70k but the timing chain was rattling its tits off. gave the bloke roughly scrap value for it £150. £95 on a chain kit, £48 for a head gasket kit and valve stem seals, it now runs fine. took him out earlier, f**k me he frightened the life out of me ? I am not sure if i should carry on and risk a heart attack or get him some lessons with a professional. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Geedon son! 

My lad passed his test this morning...made up for him, got him a car yesterday...hes off now! 

Life lesson learned there bud .Never ,ever, ever teach family to drive nor ever, ever ,ever get on a horse your wife says is very gentle .Nearly Feckin died this avo getting on a hunter that hates men

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, paulus said:

My youngest son wanted to learn to drive, So i put him on the BMW X1 2I insurance, now this car is an automatic, been taking him out and to be honest he soon got the hang of it, road position and all that, He said he wanted to pass his test in a manual, Now the van would be no good, so i found a 2003 Vauxhall Agila 70k but the timing chain was rattling its tits off. gave the bloke roughly scrap value for it £150. £95 on a chain kit, £48 for a head gasket kit and valve stem seals, it now runs fine. took him out earlier, f**k me he frightened the life out of me ? I am not sure if i should carry on and risk a heart attack or get him some lessons with a professional. 

Life lesson learned there bud .Never ,ever, ever teach family to drive nor ever, ever ,ever get on a horse your wife says is very gentle .Nearly Feckin died this avo getting on a hunter that hates men ffs .(Told apres ride ffs )She’s laughing ,I’m now wishing I had a bolt gun handy.f****n thing did 4 fences without a single dig in the ribs all before I’d stirruped ffs .

Be dog food if I had my say .

• Haha 7
5 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Life lesson learned there bud .Never ,ever, ever teach family to drive nor ever, ever ,ever get on a horse your wife says is very gentle .Nearly Feckin died this avo getting on a hunter that hates men ffs .(Told apres ride ffs )She’s laughing ,I’m now wishing I had a bolt gun handy.f****n thing did 4 fences without a single dig in the ribs all before I’d stirruped ffs .

Years ago when i was a kid skiving school one day, Three of us were sat on a fence that was next to cow field, These cows were walking along the fence line, somebody dared me to jump on the back of one as they passed. One of the biggest mistakes of my life. a week in hospital ? Roughly a week after i got out the school up the road had completed the first stage of there new swimming pool, The pool was full of water and they were awaiting the building to be erected to cover it, This pool was overlooked by the bike sheds, I had been told that the end where the bike sheds overlooked it was 6ft deep. Another dare saw me diving in off the bike shed roof. My head hit the bottom with such force it broke my jaw. I still have a clicky jaw even now when i eat. It was 3ft all the way across. a few weeks later we were playing chicken on the road, i won 6 weeks in hospital. The 2 lads were playing chicken again whilst i was in hospital but this time on the trainline at the back of our houses. one jumped the wrong way and what was left was taken away in dustbin liners. 

38 minutes ago, paulus said:

Carry on and risk the heart attack ......please

19 minutes ago, paulus said:

Years ago when i was a kid skiving school one day, Three of us were sat on a fence that was next to cow field, These cows were walking along the fence line, somebody dared me to jump on the back of one as they passed. One of the biggest mistakes of my life. a week in hospital ? Roughly a week after i got out the school up the road had completed the first stage of there new swimming pool, The pool was full of water and they were awaiting the building to be erected to cover it, This pool was overlooked by the bike sheds, I had been told that the end where the bike sheds overlooked it was 6ft deep. Another dare saw me diving in off the bike shed roof. My head hit the bottom with such force it broke my jaw. I still have a clicky jaw even now when i eat. It was 3ft all the way across. a few weeks later we were playing chicken on the road, i won 6 weeks in hospital. The 2 lads were playing chicken again whilst i was in hospital but this time on the trainline at the back of our houses. one jumped the wrong way and what was left was taken away in dustbin liners. 

lol easily led 

1 hour ago, paulus said:

Sounds like a right bargain, ok if your handy with mechanics I guess you did the work yourself 

38 minutes ago, paulus said:

Sounds like you was mad lol

Very sad about the last part ? 

56 minutes ago, paulus said:

And then became a mod on here 

1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

Mongo wouldn't put up with that nonsense mate ?

• Haha 2
12 hours ago, dodger said:

Sounds like you was mad lol

Very sad about the last part ? 

Looking back we were all Nuts, probably why a lot of us are no longer here Lol. Different world back then, 

13 hours ago, dodger said:

Sounds like a right bargain, ok if your handy with mechanics I guess you did the work yourself 

In total the car has cost about £330 if you include the oil filter, oil. coolant and parts. My hands are no good with spannering on cars anymore, My eldest lad did the work, taught him well Lol. At that price who cares about bumps and scrapes.