• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wife just got me this little article…..a pure prick, just how I like them.

First time in 52 years I have not had a dog around me sat here twiddling my thumbs after been up since 5 am. I need another dog if only for my mental health. It's an emptiness I can't describe when yo

Any dog is “tying”, not just a lurcher or terrier, but so are cage birds, horses, poultry, etc. Now, I’m most definitely NOT having a pop at anyone who thinks having a lurcher is “to tying”, but

Posted Images

First time in 52 years I have not had a dog around me sat here twiddling my thumbs after been up since 5 am. I need another dog if only for my mental health. It's an emptiness I can't describe when you're daily routine suddenly stops with a walk out with the dog everyday. 

• Like 13
2 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

First time in 52 years I have not had a dog around me sat here twiddling my thumbs after been up since 5 am. I need another dog if only for my mental health. It's an emptiness I can't describe when you're daily routine suddenly stops with a walk out with the dog everyday. 

Try and push yourself out for walks without the dog mate, take some bins and your merlin app or something  but try to keep at it, always look for someone local that needs a hand walking there dog, I tried going dog free some years ago lasted asbout 5 or 6 weeks before the first hard luck story arrived followed by another 4 but I think I may be in the same boat as you when my current to pass over 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Try and push yourself out for walks without the dog mate, take some bins and your merlin app or something  but try to keep at it, always look for someone local that needs a hand walking there dog, I tried going dog free some years ago lasted asbout 5 or 6 weeks before the first hard luck story arrived followed by another 4 but I think I may be in the same boat as you when my current to pass over 

It don't help with working afternoons regular with a 13pm start walking the dog every morning made the wait for work sooner. I think going on my regular walks and bumping into folk who i would see most mornings would probably upset me if they asked were the old dog was. I can't believe how down its made me feel tbh never felt like this about loosing a dog before whether its a cumulation of things that's happened this year with the wife having an heart attack and other health issues. The power of the dog by Rudyard Kipling sums it up in a poem.

• Like 2

Hey up matey, youve had your dog fer 15 years is it, a member of your family, its bound to have upset you, plus like u say an accumalation of other things thats happened to you, wife having a heart attack, try keep your chin up matey, ive been there lost my nell, and wife,   im still standin   atb tats    keith 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

Hey up matey, youve had your dog fer 15 years is it, a member of your family, its bound to have upset you, plus like u say an accumalation of other things thats happened to you, wife having a heart attack, try keep your chin up matey, ive been there lost my nell, and wife,   im still standin   atb tats    keith 

sorry mate im forgetting my manners, i do hope your good lady is feeling well 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

It don't help with working afternoons regular with a 13pm start walking the dog every morning made the wait for work sooner. I think going on my regular walks and bumping into folk who i would see most mornings would probably upset me if they asked were the old dog was. I can't believe how down its made me feel tbh never felt like this about loosing a dog before whether its a cumulation of things that's happened this year with the wife having an heart attack and other health issues. The power of the dog by Rudyard Kipling sums it up in a poem.

I think most on here would be exactly the same mate, no matter how macho some try to make out real dogmen or men that like their dogs are a bit lost when without one... on top of that you've had a nightmare time of it, hopefully the lost feeling will start to subside in time, but I fear you may have to get back on the horse (so to speak) and get yourself a pup, or a rescue... ?good luck and chin up mate

• Like 2
1 minute ago, NEWKID said:

I think most on here would be exactly the same mate, no matter how macho some try to make out real dogmen or men that like their dogs are a bit lost when without one... on top of that you've had a nightmare time of it, hopefully the lost feeling will start to subside in time, but I fear you may have to get back on the horse (so to speak) and get yourself a pup, or a rescue... ?good luck and chin up mate

Thanks mate and you are right caught the wife last night looking at Cocker spaniel pups online told not to surprise me with a shizu of any of the toy breed crosses. 

• Haha 3
18 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Thanks mate and you are right caught the wife last night looking at Cocker spaniel pups online told not to surprise me with a shizu of any of the toy breed crosses. 

Spaniel will be ok mate nice mooching dog to take round wentworth or what about a nice staff 

• Like 2

For the first time in my adult life the only dog I own is a house dog, a 13 year old bulldog bitch that has more than earned her comfortable retirement. I can't see me owning a yard full again but I'm sure once she passes I'll get the itch to bring another pup on, a house doesn't feel like a home without a dog about the place IMO.

• Like 5
21 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Don’t right them off mate as a companion, an old lady I used to do work for on a farm near home used to do dog sitting only one at a time and these things would be out round the paddocks all day with the old girl she had one of those fluffy little fanny lickers in here care one week I was there and it was absolutely mustard spent it’s days in the bushes flushing bunny’s or nailing rats in the barns, before going home with a little ribbon in its hair have seen a lot of toy breeds that still have some go in them if you just want something to fit the whole family, it’s usually the owners that stifle the instinct not the dogs, and you certainly won’t get the tug ??

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

Don’t right them off mate as a companion, an old lady I used to do work for on a farm near home used to do dog sitting only one at a time and these things would be out round the paddocks all day with the old girl she had one of those fluffy little fanny lickers in here care one week I was there and it was absolutely mustard spent it’s days in the bushes flushing bunny’s or nailing rats in the barns, before going home with a little ribbon in its hair have seen a lot of toy breeds that still have some go in them if you just want something to fit the whole family, it’s usually the owners that stifle the instinct not the dogs, and you certainly won’t get the tug ??

My aunt used to keep those Tibetan Terriers and they were cracking wee dogs, great companions always up for a mooch about and they were all fit and healthy and made old bones. Definitely wouldn't discount the toy breeds as a companion, end of the day it's what they've been bred for.

• Like 2