Bull x whippets

2 hours ago, fred90 said:

I do like that ?, is it three quarter bred? or line bred? 

She was actually line bred half cross. She was really good at catching on the lamp, and great when rabbit numbers were about.

• Like 2

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A good Bull/whippet with a great strike. She caught all sorts.  

Not owned a bull whippet but this lad was a great mooching dog first cross Wheaton whippet atb longers01 

I don't think it's ethical hunting using an underpowered dog, for the game hunted or the dogs. It is admirable watching the little dogs punch way above their weight but in some instances you can see t

Posted Images

6 hours ago, chartpolski said:

I’ve never fancied a bull/whippet, or a bull/greyhound for that matter, nothing at all wrong with them and I’ve seen some very good ‘uns, they’re just not my type of dogs.

Of course, bull terrier featured in the creation of the “non-ped whippet “ many years ago, supposedly to give the whippet a bit more “fire”.

The bull genes must have been very strong as there are still “bully” types in the odd litter even today, around 100 years later. There was regular “bully” types thrown back in the 60’s.

One thing about bull/whippets; they always seem to look “nice”, which , of course, has nothing to do with working ability.

Theres plenty of crosses to choose from in the lurcher game, and whatever you choose, good luck !

Cheers.

Not sure how old this photo is but I think you can see a bit of Bully influence in these litte Whippets. I agree with you they are a pleasure to look at and although its nothing to do with ability it is part of the pleasure of keeping dogs. Nothing worse than ugly hounds but then beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

IMG_8347.JPG

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, jeemes said:

Not sure how old this photo is but I think you can see a bit of Bully influence in these litte Whippets. I agree with you they are a pleasure to look at and although its nothing to do with ability it is part of the pleasure of keeping dogs. Nothing worse than ugly hounds but then beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

IMG_8347.JPG

mines a working bred ped whippet, kc reg. I sometimes see a slight bit of bull around the eyes in her. unless it's just me I don't know. 

• Like 1

Seen a couple and they are cracking little dogs, but I always think to whoever is going to breeding a litter why not just use a greyhound instead, will get bigger stronger more cable dogs. horses for courses I suppose and depending what they were going to  be used for. The ones I’ve seen were spot on rapid of the mark and could turn well but couldn’t help thinking if was just was a few inches bigger and ten or more  pounds heavier could have made things a lot easier

• Like 4