3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

id look at how there brought up fed and run before blaming the breed 

loads  just leave em kennelled up start running em at year and half 

there’s not a running dog breed hardier and tough then a  saluki bred mate the more saluki the tougher they are 

my little bitch would run that spanish land no bother and kill 

None of these were badly reared I know the lads personally that had them just bad genetics saw it with my own eyes, sore nail beds, torn muscles, knocked up toes etc. I’m not anti saluki I’ve got a bit of it in my dogs as well but it’s not a given that saluki bred dogs will be durable definitely not 

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You best take that down or Sandy will go ape shit ? 

Experience is key, more they run  the better they get brain wise, definitely  up and  atem but they stay well. Speed wise slower than  a grey but soon leave a whippet.  Fair few lines, some

I can't open it mate ,not on fb but I seen it already, apparently the bloke had a saluki wi him aswell but it ran off an never come back ?

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

there’s not a running dog breed hardier and tough then a  saluki bred mate the more saluki the tougher they are 

Easy to say mate....when you will never have to prove it...

Different ground and a different species of hare....I would love to see some of our home bred dogs on them Iberian  hares

• Like 4
Just now, Deerhunter1 said:

None of these were badly reared I know the lads personally that had them just bad genetics saw it with my own eyes, sore nail beds, torn muscles, knocked up toes etc. I’m not anti saluki I’ve got a bit of it in my dogs as well but it’s not a given that saluki bred dogs will be durable definitely not 

you get a pure saluki it will take stick like nothing you’ve seen mate run tarmac and concrete lol 

your telling me a lurcher with most likely half grey is more hardy ?

1 minute ago, TOMO said:

Easy to say mate....when you will never have to prove it...

Different ground and a different species of hare....I would love to see some of our home bred dogs on them Iberian  hares

i’ve seen a vid a good few years ago pure salukis from the uk knocking em over tomo 

you breed a dog for land you run don’t you or in galgos case to run in straight lines take a mile to put a bend in and have no mouth lol

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

you get a pure saluki it will take stick like nothing you’ve seen mate run tarmac and concrete lol 

Will run off like nothing youv seen over tarmac an concrete and never come back ever

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Bitch I’ve got at the moment is as hardy as they come in my book been ran on some of the worst places you can think of and rarely gets knocked, but I know myself she wouldn’t be catching many of them Spanish hares because when the grounds hard she steadies right up, I could sit on here and lie and say she’d kill a bag full because I know I’d never have to do it but what’s the point in that, they’ve all got faults even the best of dogs

• Like 4
43 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

It's not salukis and saluki crosses that are the problem, it's some of the coursing breds.

Obviously just some. Few have said their early stuff was harder etc 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

It's not salukis and saluki crosses that are the problem, it's some of the coursing breds.

Obviously just some. Few have said their early stuff was harder etc 

I definitely agree 

I'd like to go over the Spain and watch one of these competitions I reckon it'd be good craic n a good experience.

Apparently if you go in a bar they'll have a screen for football a screen for bull fighting n a screen for coursing different world to here eh especially to say its only 2 hours away on a plane.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

Bitch I’ve got at the moment is as hardy as they come in my book been ran on some of the worst places you can think of and rarely gets knocked, but I know myself she wouldn’t be catching many of them Spanish hares because when the grounds hard she steadies right up, I could sit on here and lie and say she’d kill a bag full because I know I’d never have to do it but what’s the point in that, they’ve all got faults even the best of dogs

dry conditions here are no different 

or when lads still get runs when it’s iced over 

dog eases up and if any good with speed will gear up and try 

I think when it comes to pups although there's never any guarantees you have to work them hard every generation really test them, weather someone goes out once a week or 3 times a week it's each there own aslong as there living the good life but when it comes to pups be that gundogs lurchers farm dogs or any working dogs for that matter they should only be bred of tried n tested n someone who is breeding for themselves and anyone looking to purchase  a pup should look no further than this any if there isn't what you fancy about at the time then be patient but to many people breed for the wrong reasons and to many people buy said pups and over time weaknesses show, its like quarry run gear that doesn't know a dog n plenty on the land they usually fold easy but go to the spots that are hammerd with not much on n watch those afterburners set in..

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

me and pals much just be lucky then lol 

you inbreed heavy you will get weak shit that’s common sense 

True that, Imo I hink you have a canny chance when you have a very tight bred n then outcross n then get the goods again by going back in later..

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, dodger said:

I think when it comes to pups although there's never any guarantees you have to work them hard every generation really test them, weather someone goes out once a week or 3 times a week it's each there own aslong as there living the good life but when it comes to pups be that gundogs lurchers farm dogs or any working dogs for that matter they should only be bred of tried n tested n someone who is breeding for themselves and anyone looking to purchase  a pup should look no further than this any if there isn't what you fancy about at the time then be patient but to many people breed for the wrong reasons and to many people buy said pups and over time weaknesses show, its like quarry run gear that doesn't know a dog n plenty on the land they usually fold easy but go to the spots that are hammerd with not much on n watch those afterburners set in..

that’s it mate pups need to be out chasing about from ten week 

lads laugh when i say there’s spot you will walk all day for runs but december on some spots every hare will go 4 mins plus only real uns will stop em 

13 minutes ago, dodger said:

True that, Imo I hink you have a canny chance when you have a very tight bred n then outcross n then get the goods again by going back in later..

that’s it i like to breed same family tree but different lines and not scared to get one from a pure x coursing bred  either 

i wouldn’t dream of getting  a heavily inbred dog 

if there not hardy and always laid up there not worth a wank 

Edited by mC HULL