Air pistol wanted

A pcp pistol will only be a maximum of 6fpe with most spring pistol less than that. I have a few old spring pistols but the last time I put them through the Chrony they were less than 4fpe so not good enough to despatch live quarry. I did put a local river warden onto an SMK pcp pistol that was perfect for the job and seeing him later, he confirmed the pistol did the job perfectly but not sure if it was rats in traps or mink in traps, sorry just cannot remember, so it may be worth bearing the SMK in mind if you don't get any response here.

This is the pistol the river warden bought.

WWW.AIRRIFLESHOP.CO.UK

DESCRIPTION SMK PP700w pcp precharged air pistol , the PP700w is a single shot firing pistol that has a easy...

Phil

13 minutes ago, philpot said:

A pcp pistol will only be a maximum of 6fpe with most spring pistol less than that. I have a few old spring pistols but the last time I put them through the Chrony they were less than 4fpe so not good enough to despatch live quarry. I did put a local river warden onto an SMK pcp pistol that was perfect for the job and seeing him later, he confirmed the pistol did the job perfectly but not sure if it was rats in traps or mink in traps, sorry just cannot remember, so it may be worth bearing the SMK in mind if you don't get any response here.

WWW.AIRRIFLESHOP.CO.UK

DESCRIPTION SMK PP700w pcp precharged air pistol , the PP700w is a single shot firing pistol that has a easy...

Phil

I his big brother the pp750 from Portugal in the first lockdown 

it was doing around 15-16 fbs ?

• Thanks 1
On 06/05/2023 at 08:54, philpot said:

WWW.AIRRIFLESHOP.CO.UK

Phil

Thanks 

• 1 month later...

As already said, many pistols, especially the cheaper ones, struggle to get any much past 3ft lb.  Very few are close to the limit of 6ft lb, and those tend to be in the upper end of the price scale.

I use a BSA Magnum in .177, well over 30 years old and running somewhere between 3.5-4ft lb I seem to remember.

Perfectly adequate for caged squirrels (as long as you put it in the right place).

Anything bigger/tougher, I am fortunate to have one of these....................

034b.jpg.84686b2d2c7f245fb178dea698692e40.jpg

Edited by Deker
  • Like 1

My pal just bought a Snowpeak PP750 pcp pistol, we checked it a the shop on the skan unit, 5.2fpe. I fitted a laser torch on top and set it for 10mt, amazingly accurate, 6 shot mag, pellet on pellet rested on a bag with the slide out stock thingy pressed against my gut, staying very stable.  My pal works in a rural site office where the rats and rabbits come through the surrounding fence, already taken several rats and a rabbit eating one of his plants just by the fence so roll on the cold weather as the rat population increases as they come for the bird seed fallen on the ground.   I really enjoyed playing with this gun and fancy one myself for garden fun, oh yes, it doesn't have a mod but it is not that noisy in comparison to the bark of a couple of others he looked at in the shop which really did need a mod. The one my pal has is the .22 using JSB Heavy pellets and trust me at that range they go with a whallop.

SNOWPEAK PP750

pp750-sn-60db3ff63217a.png pcp-ver-targ-60db406724c21.png

Adjustable back butt

12 mm dovetail rail

Consistent valve included

Magazine included

Spare magazine also available

Action MULTI SHOT SIDE LEVER
Type PCP
Stock SYNTHETIC TACTICAL
Trigger Adjustable
Length (total) 40cm
Length (barrel) 20cm
Weight 1.47kg

SNPP750.177

• Like 1
1 hour ago, forest of dean redneck said:

That’s interesting philpot, I’m selling my c02 guns and thought about  a pcp does he use a hand pump filling it ??

Oh my god no, we are old farts so hand pumps would likely give us a heart attack ?.  We have several air tanks each so always use them. It has a max pressure of 250bar and the air cylinder is not so big so if you don't have a tank, a hand pump should be fine.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, philpot said:

Oh my god no, we are old farts so hand pumps would likely give us a heart attack ?.  We have several air tanks each so always use them. It has a max pressure of 250bar and the air cylinder is not so big so if you don't have a tank, a hand pump should be fine.

? Thanks Philpot ?