Breeding in avairy

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He spoke highly of you also mate,i cant take any credit for his demeanour we havent always seen eye to eye but yes his staunch loyalty and manners have never been in question.....even though he settle

Ived literally just logged to ask a very similar question! Ived set up natural hedging inside and outside, should I put some nest pans or cages inside? Ived got linnets, redpoll and bu

some varites can be vey dominate about nest sights but many varieties get on just fine I have two Avairies on mixed birds canaries plus several varieties of finches and soft bills. they seem to do wel

Posted Images

Ived literally just logged to ask a very similar question!

Ived set up natural hedging inside and outside, should I put some nest pans or cages inside?

IMG_1082.jpeg.58733fad4e66c3949dc180c7b9db3a42.jpeg

Ived got linnets, redpoll and bullfinch

Thanks and sorry if Ived hijacked lol

• Like 4

some varites can be vey dominate about nest sights but many varieties get on just fine I have two Avairies on mixed birds canaries plus several varieties of finches and soft bills. they seem to do well. but mostly because i have dominate varieties in one avairy and more social birds in the other.

• Like 2
On 02/04/2023 at 17:20, Abullx said:

Alright I was wondering if anyone had ever bred multiple breeds in a avairy mixed in together as looking to breed goldies and odd pair of Siskin and bully in a 12x6 avairy

I have had goldies,greenies and red polls all in the same aviary along with a pair of chaffies but it was a big aviary with a 6x4 shed sort of in the middle with the back end cut out so the birds could all mix in if they wanted to but i found the chaffies kept one bit there's,i did also have room to have a few canary hens to take the pressure off any native hens from over zelous cock birds. One thing i didn't ever try was having bullies in with other types as i have heard plenty of horror stories with them in with other birds but really plenty of all sorts of nesting pans in all sorts of places and different hights is all you need to do but if you have a plastic roof the when the sun shines you can bake your chicks so put some cover over the top as the hen will keep them warm but she can't cool them down. Loads of nesting material but don't use long hair or sizzel without cutting it into very short lengths as it can wrap around a chicks feet and cost it toes,i learnt this the hard way:doh:..Keeping birds is very much trial and error to be honest as there all different and all we can do is our very best for them,the rest is up to them and i wish you the very best of luck with them and show us some pics of how there doing at some point mate...:victory:

• Like 2
On 07/04/2023 at 21:16, fireman said:

I have had goldies,greenies and red polls all in the same aviary along with a pair of chaffies but it was a big aviary with a 6x4 shed sort of in the middle with the back end cut out so the birds could all mix in if they wanted to but i found the chaffies kept one bit there's,i did also have room to have a few canary hens to take the pressure off any native hens from over zelous cock birds. One thing i didn't ever try was having bullies in with other types as i have heard plenty of horror stories with them in with other birds but really plenty of all sorts of nesting pans in all sorts of places and different hights is all you need to do but if you have a plastic roof the when the sun shines you can bake your chicks so put some cover over the top as the hen will keep them warm but she can't cool them down. Loads of nesting material but don't use long hair or sizzel without cutting it into very short lengths as it can wrap around a chicks feet and cost it toes,i learnt this the hard way:doh:..Keeping birds is very much trial and error to be honest as there all different and all we can do is our very best for them,the rest is up to them and i wish you the very best of luck with them and show us some pics of how there doing at some point mate...:victory:

Ok thanks will do 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 03/05/2023 at 20:51, MrsChamp606 said:

How’s you getting on Abullx?

Had a bully pair build up in avairy and a canary built in there so hopefully a Goldie cock has jump on 

then in breeders 2 round on clear eggs from 1 pair so I’ll change cock and got around 10 eggs due to hatch soon from other mule pairs so fingers crossed couple there 

what about you how you getting on 

Edited by Abullx
  • Like 1