Breeding in avairy

On 09/05/2023 at 19:22, fireman said:

I will get some birds at some point in the not to far future, i just got a bit to much on to give them the time i'd want to give them but in the next few years will see me on a aviary build.

That's grand news and he's doing just right with those numbers for sure and please wish him well from me as like i said before a man of total manners and glad he's doing well with the hobby.. Grab some pics the next time your there and what sort of canaries does he keep?..

He spoke highly of you also mate,i cant take any credit for his demeanour we havent always seen eye to eye but yes his staunch loyalty and manners have never been in question.....even though he settled on the Canaries in the end think he always appreciated you helping him find his feet so to speak :thumbs:....these were pics he sent me when he first set his little shed up but it still looks exactly the same as he keeps them immaculate in fairness.....Red Agate's i think they're called i know he's on about getting led's in the cages rather than the strip light as it shows the colours better.......i wouldnt know good from bad but he went through a stage of just trying to breed loads and loads but think it became a bit of a chore now he,s going for quality over quantity......be great to see you get back into the hobby at some point mate i used to enjoy your pictures....keep threatening to get back into it myself but like you say its the time commitment more than anything.

IMG_3195.jpg

IMG_3193.jpg

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He spoke highly of you also mate,i cant take any credit for his demeanour we havent always seen eye to eye but yes his staunch loyalty and manners have never been in question.....even though he settle

Ived literally just logged to ask a very similar question! Ived set up natural hedging inside and outside, should I put some nest pans or cages inside? Ived got linnets, redpoll and bu

some varites can be vey dominate about nest sights but many varieties get on just fine I have two Avairies on mixed birds canaries plus several varieties of finches and soft bills. they seem to do wel

Posted Images

8 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

He spoke highly of you also mate,i cant take any credit for his demeanour we havent always seen eye to eye but yes his staunch loyalty and manners have never been in question.....even though he settled on the Canaries in the end think he always appreciated you helping him find his feet so to speak :thumbs:....these were pics he sent me when he first set his little shed up but it still looks exactly the same as he keeps them immaculate in fairness.....Red Agate's i think they're called i know he's on about getting led's in the cages rather than the strip light as it shows the colours better.......i wouldnt know good from bad but he went through a stage of just trying to breed loads and loads but think it became a bit of a chore now he,s going for quality over quantity......be great to see you get back into the hobby at some point mate i used to enjoy your pictures....keep threatening to get back into it myself but like you say its the time commitment more than anything.

IMG_3195.jpg

IMG_3193.jpg

Sounds like and that set up shows  he's got the suss of  his birds,  nice double breeders with spare cages for the youngsters .Nice and simple ,spotless and clean and easy for both the man and his birds and also shows less can be so much more sometimes as it gives you that better quality time and with any livestock keeping that is a good thing than being under pressure and almost rushing your chores instead of them being the enjoyment and half the reason why you keep livestock in the first place and with that quality time come better quality livestock.. Just brilliant, am honestly chuffed for him mate and thanks indeed for the update...:victory:..

On 12/05/2023 at 10:37, gnasher16 said:

IMG_3195.jpg

IMG_3193.jpg

Beautiful set up there mate credit to him and nothing wrong with keeping your bird room looking fine. I've just mentioned hygiene in one of my posts that that is one of the main thing to keep up on. Birds can soon go down with alot of illnesses if not. Alot of bird keepers I know keep the Agate's same as timbrados great feeders and foster parents too. But that's what you call a lovely set up. Easy to clean pvc a will never go back to wood cages or flights. 

• Like 1
On 21/05/2023 at 20:30, Abullx said:

Had bullfinch and some goldfinch mule hatch in the avairy so far full goldfinch not doing anything how’s other people goldfinch getting on 

IMG_5976.jpeg

IMG_5962.jpeg

Not that good very strange had young last April I've two sets of eggs at moment off one pair that's out of 6 pairs. Some have built and some are mouthing chatting like they do but nothing can't get my head round it. Even over continent there having trouble too. 

8 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

Not that good very strange had young last April I've two sets of eggs at moment off one pair that's out of 6 pairs. Some have built and some are mouthing chatting like they do but nothing can't get my head round it. Even over continent there having trouble too. 

Fair enough hopefully it picks up as warmer weather comes. 

• 2 weeks later...