Foodies... places worth visiting

4 hours ago, BeckyBarker said:

Sounds like you stumbled upon some real gems! I totally get the vibe of finding those authentic, bustling places that just keep you coming back. I've had similar experiences at a Korean restaurant in Auckland. The energy and flavors were just out of this world. It's those places where you feel like part of the family, even if you're not from the same background.

Love Korean food, and quirky little oriental resto's. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We've got the "whats cooking" thread going, so thought I'd chuck up a thread of places worth visiting for decent grub, location etc... might give people a sway when they're visiting somewhere new etc.

On the way back a little treat to finish the day, stopped in South Sands Hotel, near Salcombe... cream tea...the correct way, cream first! Lol

Gaucho Richmond,right on the Thames,really nice if you like steak and people watch.  

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Borr said:

Few that spring to mind..

WWW.SKEWERHOUSETAUNTON.CO.UK

PASTURERESTAURANT.COM

Pasture is a celebration of fire-based cooking centered around...

WWW.HEAVITREEBREWERY.CO.UK

Reputedly over 450 years of age and originally a Seamen’s...

Nowhere better for mussels than the Anchor mate, been there since I was a kid, used to have a boat in that little harbour until some twat nicked the bung and it ended up upside down.. my mate went past on the train and saw it, rang me up and told me it was the wrong way up and the tide was in... it was f****d! lol

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Nowhere better for mussels than the Anchor mate, been there since I was a kid, used to have a boat in that little harbour until some twat nicked the bung and it ended up upside down.. my mate went past on the train and saw it, rang me up and told me it was the wrong way up and the tide was in... it was f****d! lol

Bud was there last week lol, sent me a pic of some mussels and said guess where I am lol

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Borr said:

Bud was there last week lol, sent me a pic of some mussels and said guess where I am lol

Oh yeah, you all went there one time and had the Fruits de Mer when we were at the comp, that was with Bud wasn't it?

We popped in on the way back from the Warren a few weeks back, i ended up having the gumbo which was nice but instantly regretted not having mussels, I don't often order them anywhere else tbh.

Just now, mackem said:

The Oystermen in Covent Garden,worth a visit for anyone who loves seafood.

WWW.OYSTERMEN.CO.UK

8111D26A-68D5-445E-984A-2CF4264AD90E.jpeg.ab420ee9b63a7e73b2ceaf0da9f7740c.jpeg53098877-FD39-4336-8AA4-B8DE083D3F03.jpeg.9ef2cb2fc34a1634f6f0c5c4f8e19d56.jpeg79A00B22-CEF6-4A22-B209-D4A2F0D2F556.jpeg.6dc57d052b3da0743e74adf64e12d282.jpeg712B43F0-5B41-4EB5-8FC4-8D065549CF5B.jpeg.5d986a92b67f4460ea8289c0712ed457.jpeg62440939-D2E0-42D5-B093-94E50F6B1AC8.jpeg.971131c6d930f5ec7f0935532b2b3867.jpeg

Love going to Scotts if we are in London, great food and great for people watching.. will definitely look up this place next time Mack, cheers

• Like 1

@mackem If you like Indian food Benares in Mayfair is well worth a look, 1 star place but doesn't scrimp on portions... we went a couple of years back, also went to Sindhu in The Complete Angler in Marlow, its Attul Kuttchers place...food is fantastic and lovely spot to eat..  

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Love going to Scotts 

In Richmond?

4 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

@mackem If you like Indian food Benares in Mayfair is well worth a look, 1 star place but doesn't scrimp on portions... we went a couple of years back, also went to Sindhu in The Complete Angler in Marlow, its Attul Kuttchers place...food is fantastic and lovely spot to eat..  

I love Indian food,I shall certainly go to Benares.I saw an incredible advert for Guy Ritchies meat dishes in his pub Lore Of The Land in Fitzrovia,I was supposed to be going for lunch today but couldn’t make it,that’s my next target.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, mackem said:

In Richmond?

I love Indian food,I shall certainly go to Benares.I saw an incredible advert for Guy Ritchies meat dishes in his pub Lore Of The Land in Fitzrovia,I was supposed to be going for lunch today but couldn’t make it,that’s my next target.

Scotts is in Mayfair mate, the place where Nigella Lawsons ex gave her a slap years ago... 

It has a massive ice bunker in the middle of the restaurant, great seafoodonly thing is half the stuff has travelled there from Devon or Cornwall so I feel a bit of a mug driving 200 miles to eat the stuff I can catch  minutes away!!! lol

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Oh yeah, you all went there one time and had the Fruits de Mer when we were at the comp, that was with Bud wasn't it?

We popped in on the way back from the Warren a few weeks back, i ended up having the gumbo which was nice but instantly regretted not having mussels, I don't often order them anywhere else tbh.

Been a few times, twice at comp, Fent joined us for the big platter amazing ,  bud came when we were civilised and had a plate each lol 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mackem said:

In Richmond?

Think I saw the same advert, was supposed to be working there Fri - Tues but Ive ended up elsewhere was thinking of giving it a go

• Like 1