Another big cat sighting

24 minutes ago, tillylamp said:

i had these prints in our garden a couple of nights back....there were two different sets.....i'm pretty sure they are big cat prints.....the single ones were about 31/2 inches in size....and the pic with two prints was about 2 inches in size....and the pics with the set of four prints was about four feet from the first print to the fourth print with three feet between the sets of four....there i got there in the end....lol i've confused myself now......lol

IMG_1641.JPG

IMG_1643.JPG

IMG_1645.JPG

IMG_1640.JPG

IMG_1642.JPG

Do you keep dogs over there tilly?

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Surely meeting each other in person for a day out in the countryside has to be more productive than sitting on here arguing the colour of  shit?..Hell knows you may just hit it off and find some mutua

Fairplay Tim,You just can't help yourself can you?been offered but your still  switching and swerving beep,beep,beep, Timothy is reversing ?,looks to everyone on here ,like your just full of shit and

Few more .       Lion pic is a close up with a mobile from a vehicle .All others on foot .

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, tillylamp said:

i had these prints in our garden a couple of nights back....there were two different sets.....i'm pretty sure they are big cat prints.....the single ones were about 31/2 inches in size....and the pic with two prints was about 2 inches in size....and the pics with the set of four prints was about four feet from the first print to the fourth print with three feet between the sets of four....there i got there in the end....lol i've confused myself now......lol

IMG_1641.JPG

IMG_1643.JPG

IMG_1645.JPG

IMG_1640.JPG

IMG_1642.JPG

Do you think lynx ? I,m just guessing mate I can see feline as it’s showing direct registry but guessing again think a lion would leave scuff marks with its tail ?? Nice visit ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

I don’t no mate I was just given a short film and that’s a still from it

No mate just a google search heard of one shot in the Forest of Dean year before last, it was in a chicken coupe after the chickens apparently it had came in the night before and the bloke let his Russel out when the chickens kicked off the dog came back with a few scratches down its face so the next night he just got the shotty out and whacked it as it popped out expecting a fox, I think the forest has a small population think dc put some pics up of a strange scat he found over there that looked quite raccoon like, totally off topic but a pic and story I quite like this coon hound disappeared years ago chasing a raccoon and was only discovered years later when this tree was felled I think it’s on show somewhere in the states if memory serves ?

E2B3F1B6-4777-41D9-89AB-493DB3064D03.jpeg

This is the video I believe mate. Read the description. Video's been around for some time.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tillylamp said:

seen quite a few now....had these in the garden when we was in BC.....

IMG_1017.JPG

IMG_1018.JPG

IMG_1020.JPG

Had a mate scared the other week when he heard someone in his back garden, thought it was burglars, in reality it was a trash panda licking fat off his BBQ grill. 

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, EDDIE B said:

This is the video I believe mate. Read the description. Video's been around for some time.

I think it’s one of the ones they had in captivity ready for release in the kilder forest ?

2 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

With big cats in the garden mate it would have be a good size one pal lol

that's the thing bud, i love the terriers and whippets, I've had a jack Russell, Russell x Lakeland and whippets along with a staff x English bull terrier and a English bull terrier x English bull dog.......whereas my wife loves big dogs....she had a golden Labrador and the old English mastiffs, I just love the spirit/drive of the terriers.....whereas she loves to have a dog she can have a good snuggle up to.......now....the small/toy and a bit bigger breeds can walk around with a target on there backs as wolves, coy wolf, coyotes, cougars, and eagles all would take one if they wanted to.....plus you wouldn't just open the back door at night to let them out for a wee in the garden on there own.....that's when they are probably most vulnerable, I've never heard of a black bear taken any dogs tho, but they do take young deer.....but i have never seen any jacks here and a whippet wouldn't survive the cold...lol....

i have been out in a field and watched a coyote stalk upon a deer, but when it saw me it sneaked away...but if that was me with smallish dog and 2-4 coyotes or a hungry coy wolf chances are that dog could be eaten....   

my mate has got an American staff which is a nice dog and a good size and two karelian bear dogs.....

so, if we were to have a dog she wouldn't mind a coon hound which would be a good choice or something along them lines......

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Greyman said:

Do you think lynx ? I,m just guessing mate I can see feline as it’s showing direct registry but guessing again think a lion would leave scuff marks with its tail ?? Nice visit ?

do i think it was a lynx?....not in this instance mate, only because i have just checked and the report records are that there are no lynx living here where i am, they were declared an endangered species here in 2002 and the only breeding cats here are up in highlands of cape Breton, they were classed extirpated by the beginning of the twentieth century here on mainland....but going back to what you was saying, there were some very light scuff marks as the snow was quite firm which i thought were caused by it's toe tips, your knowledge of big cats is pretty good bud, do you think the smaller prints could have been made by it's young? or would it be to early in the year?

we have seen bob cats here and we were lucky enough to drive down the road with one walking on the verge for about 500 or so yards next to us and at about 20ft away it then turned into trees and away it went (fantastic).....

going back to the big cats there in the UK, my mate has a cctv recording of a puma walking past his house which he sent it off to the big cat association there and he got a letter back and a authentication certificate that it was a puma this was years ago now, the funny thing was in the video there was this guy who walked past the front of his house late at night and he went out of view for about 8- 10 seconds....my mate said.....wait.....watch.....so i kept watching and then.....this bloke came running back at a blur across the camera and about 3-5 seconds later this big black puma came walking past....lol lol  

he only put that cctv up because someone was messing with the cars out front.....lol lol

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mackem said:

Had a mate scared the other week when he heard someone in his back garden, thought it was burglars, in reality it was a trash panda licking fat off his BBQ grill. 

ohhhh yes mack....they will eat anything....scavenger opportunists at it's very best....lol  they have it down to a fine art....lol wish i could say the same about there road sense....the amount of road kill i've seen of them is unreal.....lol it's on a par with the rabbit road kill back home......lol lol   

• Like 1
12 hours ago, tillylamp said:

do i think it was a lynx?....not in this instance mate, only because i have just checked and the report records are that there are no lynx living here where i am, they were declared an endangered species here in 2002 and the only breeding cats here are up in highlands of cape Breton, they were classed extirpated by the beginning of the twentieth century here on mainland....but going back to what you was saying, there were some very light scuff marks as the snow was quite firm which i thought were caused by it's toe tips, your knowledge of big cats is pretty good bud, do you think the smaller prints could have been made by it's young? or would it be to early in the year?

we have seen bob cats here and we were lucky enough to drive down the road with one walking on the verge for about 500 or so yards next to us and at about 20ft away it then turned into trees and away it went (fantastic).....

going back to the big cats there in the UK, my mate has a cctv recording of a puma walking past his house which he sent it off to the big cat association there and he got a letter back and a authentication certificate that it was a puma this was years ago now, the funny thing was in the video there was this guy who walked past the front of his house late at night and he went out of view for about 8- 10 seconds....my mate said.....wait.....watch.....so i kept watching and then.....this bloke came running back at a blur across the camera and about 3-5 seconds later this big black puma came walking past....lol lol  

he only put that cctv up because someone was messing with the cars out front.....lol lol

12 hours ago, tillylamp said:

I don’t no if all but the cats we are talking about can give birth when they deem conditions are right, so there is no real breeding season and you could have young at anytime of the year but as with most predators they tend to give birth a few months before there prey does, pike for example spawn in February so there fry are big enough to eat the bream and roach fry which arrives a few months on, the Cubs also stay with mum for a few years so every chance it had a young adult with it, finally I was using lynx but also meant bobcat as I look at them much the same ?

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, EDDIE B said:

Speaking of which, has there ever been footage captured of a big cat with cubs in tow, in the UK lads? If so, any examples doing the rounds?

Seen these trail-cam pics recently,Canada.

E2C44AA8-7C30-466B-B91C-D6E708BD3966.jpeg

AC1B4E1D-89AC-4F23-B528-8E288EEC00DD.jpeg

• Like 3
  • paulus locked this topic