Woke loonacy

9 minutes ago, kanny said:
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

National park also ditches fiery logo as it embarks on plan to tackle climate and biodiversity...

basically a fire beacon doesn't fit well with the net zero zealots...

I think the fire beacon bit is just a by product of wanting to change the name . I quire like the idea of it having a Welsh name to be honest. 

Altho it would be good if they put as much effort into stopping the pylons they have planned from running through my local town and beyond . My parents live in the countryside and their planning on putting the pylon route right past their house 

• Like 1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

probably are but try finding them, job centres are a total waste of time if your seeking information, they will tell you f/all, old timer from there who had recently retired told me that they are not

Kin ell mate sounds rough,  life's full of lows and highs,  just gotta try and ride the lows out if you can but you are right it's a total pish take funding this lot who have put nothing into the coun

neil 82 sorry to hear about your troubles, hope things work out better. Do seek help if you need it. there are sources. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Welsh_red said:

I think the fire beacon bit is just a by product of wanting to change the name . I quire like the idea of it having a Welsh name to be honest. 

Altho it would be good if they put as much effort into stopping the pylons they have planned from running through my local town and beyond . My parents live in the countryside and their planning on putting the pylon route right past their house 

Going from Llandrindod to Llanelli? Be an eye sore through mid Wales, but probably improve Llanelli lol

• Haha 1

Yeah should have just said we're renaming it, no need for the beacon bollocks

27 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

Yeah should have just said we're renaming it, no need for the beacon bollocks

I assume it was just a complete repackage of it all to try and sell it more appealingly . The  thing about environment and eco was just put in there to appease the masses . Like when u see companies saying " we remain committed to providing a top service and providing you the best quality " when you know they aren't doing any of it 

48 minutes ago, Aled said:

Similar situation here as well Welsh-Red lots of opposition to the pylons. 

It will ruin the landscape and I imagine house prices will drop . My mums house will especially . Who wants a massive pylon right next to a house they looming at buying 

My mum went to one of the meetings with byte energy and had to leave because she was so upset . Seems a bit dramatic I know but they bought the house in early 80s when it was a wreck and my dad rebuilt it all and me and my brother grew up there and its lovely sitting in the garden on a sunny day looking out over the fields and she doesn't want to give that up 

I reckon decisions and backhanded have been made and nothing will stop it . Very best hope is they put them underground but money talks 

I assume it was just a complete repackage of it all to try and sell it more appealingly . The  thing about environment and eco was just put in there to appease the masses . Like when u see companies saying " we remain committed to providing a top service and providing you the best quality " when you know they aren't doing any of it 

Yet they're building those fckn monstrosities at the bottom of Pen y Fan to attract more tourists = more pollution, and a fckn nightmare for us using the A470

• Like 1

I'd be interested how much the beacons name change might cost, got to be a thousand road signs lol, plus tourism and air BnB thousands of websites to amend etc . Not the best timing maybe...

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Borr said:

I'd be interested how much the beacons name change might cost, got to be a thousand road signs lol, plus tourism and air BnB thousands of websites to amend etc . Not the best timing maybe...

Probably has cost a pretty penny . Although the final sum that will inevitably come out down the line will be filled with pointless spending . Consultants here , risk assessment here etc

p09jll4w.jpg

This sign cost £136,000 apparently.  On what I have no idea . Its a metal sign concreted into the ground 

• Like 1