I have never got that hung up over pick of the litter ect as pups change so much as they grow  but it's what you put in over the first year or two that counts bonding with them I find important  then there  watching and learning and wanting to please you and then you  actually putting gear and different ground in front of them that shapes them  I doubt anyone could pick a world beater from a litter of youngsters 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Blackmag said:

I have never got that hung up over pick of the litter ect as pups change so much as they grow  but it's what you put in over the first year or two that counts bonding with them I find important  then there  watching and learning and wanting to please you and then you  actually putting gear and different ground in front of them that shapes them  I doubt anyone could pick a world beater from a litter of youngsters 

It's a lottery but it helps when you can pick a pup your happy with for whatever reason.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, harryshounds said:

It's a lottery but it helps when you can pick a pup your happy with for whatever reason.

Totally agree Harry but if you have seen the parents work a few times and your happy then the runt can often excel with the right guidance and time put in them 

• Like 2

my last runner was the runt,but very forward ...ended up 2nd biggest dog in the litter,plenty of good grub and oily fish...few times I've made do with what I was given,almost all grafted to some standard,older I get,the less I expect tbh...my only real preference is,I won't keep a fighter, terrier or runner,I expect them to be 100% with other dogs...if the other dog is a known cnut...then I don't mind my dog giving them a shake...touch wood,nothings been that silly for a while?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.