New football thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The way we've treated Moyse is f****n disgusting....im not against a new manager it probably is the right time but theres ways of doing things and the man deserves respect and a good send off yet we'v

West Ham fans in town all day and not a murmur until wives/families get attacked by " ultras " at the game itself.....embarrassing !! There was a handful of chaps on each stairwell stopping them

My Hammers will struggle this year ,some fans want Moyse gone but personally i cant see the point we have a manager thats proved he can improve the club,owners willing to throw money at it.....at what

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Blackmag said:

@WILF did you know West ham hold the longest unbeaten record in Europe by a English team and it's managed by moyes 😁

Yes mate, people never sicken of telling me that ! Lol lol 

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, WILF said:

Did anyone watch Griezman for Athletico ?……a player absolutely at the top of his game !

It was beautiful !

Yes only the highlights but every thing went through him a his second goal was a great finish that lino looked liked he had a good game  with a few assists and a goal 

1 hour ago, Blackmag said:

Yes only the highlights but every thing went through him a his second goal was a great finish that lino looked liked he had a good game  with a few assists and a goal 

I going to watch the second half in a minute mate, he was all over the pitch…..tackling, passing, making everything happen.

His assist for the second goal was pure Pirlo ! 

What a pleasure to watch such a player 

• Like 1

Did a job today for Blackburn rovers  physio so automatically we talked football he said he's never known as many injuries already this season  and puts it down to all theses extra minutes being put on each half even outside the premiership but one point he did make was players in the premiership are being stopped for a few minutes all the time which was costing clubs because of  more injuries  that normally wouldn't happen and clubs are putting records together to prove its down to all this extra time and stoppages 

• Like 3

Just watching Copenhagen v United…..f***ing hell !

Copenhagen are poor but, having not watched a whole United performance for ages, what the f**k is happening there ??

These players don’t look in the least bit interested !!…..except for that young Garnatuo and Hojlund the rest look like they would rather be asleep on the bus ! 
Rashford ??……well, his lack of demanding quality from himself is shocking !!……his passing, his first touch, terrible !

Then gets sent off and he’s laughing about it after having a totally shot game……I doubt that Fernandez is the type of captain to give him a punch in the mouth in the dressing room so who gives a f**k right ?

I don’t think I have ever seen a Manchester United team so f***ing ordinary !…….I watched Athletico today and I’ll tell you now, if todays Utd had played yesterdays Athletico they’d have got beat 15-0 ! 

I almost can’t take pleasure in it even after 25 years of listening to my father in law talk shit and having to watch my hammers get done in 4-0 by the United of old and all that caper…….but I do ! Lol 

Edited by WILF
43 minutes ago, WILF said:

Just watching Copenhagen v United…..f***ing hell !

Copenhagen are poor but, having not watched a whole United performance for ages, what the f**k is happening there ??

These players don’t look in the least bit interested !!…..except for that young Garnatuo and Hojlund the rest look like they would rather be asleep on the bus ! 
Rashford ??……well, his lack of demanding quality from himself is shocking !!……his passing, his first touch, terrible !

Then gets sent off and he’s laughing about it after having a totally shot game……I doubt that Fernandez is the type of captain to give him a punch in the mouth in the dressing room so who gives a f**k right ?

I don’t think I have ever seen a Manchester United team so f***ing ordinary !…….I watched Athletico today and I’ll tell you now, if todays Utd had played yesterdays Athletico they’d have got beat 15-0 ! 

I almost can’t take pleasure in it even after 25 years of listening to my father in law talk shit and having to watch my hammers get done in 4-0 by the United of old and all that caper…….but I do ! Lol 

It would be far too easy to blame VAR, yet again, but I wouldn't bring myself to.it..shocking mate, first 20 in complete control, Rashford sent off and it was like the life went out of the while team... if City were 2-0 up and lost a player they'd go in half time 2-0 up and win the game 3-0, they've got that about them, UTD have no character at the minute... I like the look of Hoijlond mate, only 20 and puts himself about, he's quick and a handful... that's about it though..lol

• Like 2
8 hours ago, NEWKID said:

It would be far too easy to blame VAR, yet again, but I wouldn't bring myself to.it..shocking mate, first 20 in complete control, Rashford sent off and it was like the life went out of the while team... if City were 2-0 up and lost a player they'd go in half time 2-0 up and win the game 3-0, they've got that about them, UTD have no character at the minute... I like the look of Hoijlond mate, only 20 and puts himself about, he's quick and a handful... that's about it though..lol

It’s like they just don’t care mate, unbelievable ! 
Id say they are the new, old Liverpool but in reality they are not even as good as that.

Id love to know what’s going/gone on at that club.

Mate, if you get a chance watch that Athletico game, the gulf in quality is massive…..you can see a team demanding from themselves, you can see they practice.

First touch, every one spot on

Not afraid to pass to each other and play in small spaces and tight situations, just complete trust in each other’s ability.

Aggression out of possession, they fight to win every ball back 

They win it and then their range of passing and quality on the ball is fantastic. 
You can see it’s just pure graft, training pitch, in game, graft…..it’s fantastic to watch. 
Griezman the other night would have been a bit of you mate, you’d enjoy that.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1

wilf while i agree with you that they are a top team on tues they were up against a poor celtic team that were down to ten men for two thirds of the game, this allowed them to play anyway or system they wanted, the previous game at parkhead finished 2_2 and only in the late stages did they look really good.

1 hour ago, big sid said:

wilf while i agree with you that they are a top team on tues they were up against a poor celtic team that were down to ten men for two thirds of the game, this allowed them to play anyway or system they wanted, the previous game at parkhead finished 2_2 and only in the late stages did they look really good.

Didn’t watch it mate so I can’t comment, I can only go on what I see.

Im not slagging Celtic, they were going toe to toe with Athletico before the sending off (which wasn’t a sending off imho) but that aside, the basic things they got right all the time, first touch, 1/2 touch football, range of passing, wanting to win the ball back….they were relentless even though they could have sat back and relaxed.

A perfect example was (before sending off) Griezman absolutely flying into sliding tackles at the Right back position and then again at left mid field etc etc 

Thats real desire mate, that’s a good team.

hi mate, i know your not slagging anyone, i'm just pointing out the quality of the opposition was poor allowing them to get everything including the basics right if the opposition were better and put pressure on them as celtic did in the first game they wouldnt have had the time on the ball to be so perfect, griezman is a superb player and seems to have got better since he moved from the forwards to mid, cant imaging any team of simmone not putting a shift in especially when playing at home, but your right it was good to see football played well although they certainly know how to get at the ref as i believe their antic helped the ref change from yellow to a red card.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, big sid said:

hi mate, i know your not slagging anyone, i'm just pointing out the quality of the opposition was poor allowing them to get everything including the basics right if the opposition were better and put pressure on them as celtic did in the first game they wouldnt have had the time on the ball to be so perfect, griezman is a superb player and seems to have got better since he moved from the forwards to mid, cant imaging any team of simmone not putting a shift in especially when playing at home, but your right it was good to see football played well although they certainly know how to get at the ref as i believe their antic helped the ref change from yellow to a red card.

I think when you watch that tackle freeze frame it’s a completely different story to watching it at full speed in its entirety, that’s yet another massive failure of VAR…..it’s a yellow but never a red imho

Rashfords last night was different, that’s a red card every day of the week…..I’d let almost any tackle go but that last night was just being a prick because he was playing shit and wanted to lash out. 

6 hours ago, WILF said:

I think when you watch that tackle freeze frame it’s a completely different story to watching it at full speed in its entirety, that’s yet another massive failure of VAR…..it’s a yellow but never a red imho

Rashfords last night was different, that’s a red card every day of the week…..I’d let almost any tackle go but that last night was just being a prick because he was playing shit and wanted to lash out. 

Funny, I didn't see that as a sending off at all, only VAR could've shown that as sending off imo... I think he was stepping over the ball to put his body in the way to protect it, purely accidental catching the player Imo..he was turning his body at the same time...put yourself between the ball and player... 

I'm not however defending him as he was totally shit, like a Sunday morning player, 2nd touch was a tackle every time ffs!! I actually thought it may have improved the team when he went off...wishful thinking!! Lol

• Thanks 1