Fox guys , question

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That spray scent gland stuff horrific, my mate got some to try ( god only knows why ) the tw*t spilt it in my car, we had to drive 45 miles home at -3 with the windows open, could still smell it weeks

I just use the boiled fermented horse hoof , but again dont spill it , but good for stopping them , I also use as a cover scent when wind is wrong 

Wolfdog, for the most part, there is no money in it here, so collecting glands/urine is literally not worth the effort.         

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

There are products available but it's relatively easy to just go hunt one. Calling is probably more useful than scenting. 

Well was talking. About for the guys trapping. 

Idk it's just weird for me I guess . Especially when good urine here is like $30 a gallon and good glands can be up to $300 a gallon of not more

44 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Well was talking. About for the guys trapping. 

Idk it's just weird for me I guess . Especially when good urine here is like $30 a gallon and good glands can be up to $300 a gallon of not more

I can send you any amount of urine over. No problems. May not be fox though.

There isn't many trapping fox here buddy. Some are snared. Might work there.

2 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

There are products available but it's relatively easy to just go hunt one. Calling is probably more useful than scenting. 

That spray scent gland stuff horrific, my mate got some to try ( god only knows why ) the tw*t spilt it in my car, we had to drive 45 miles home at -3 with the windows open, could still smell it weeks later ?

• Haha 5

Don’t take any piss but if I get a vixen in the trap or shoot one around this time of year, I drag her around the outside of the trap then place her on top and leave her. Had a few dog foxes in the day after looking for his mate ??

• Like 1

I guess our foxes are on a par with your coyotes in places mate .We are able to shoot any amount .The main restriction is time out at night .Daytime foxing is far better challenge wise but not many do that when it’s relatively easy at night with the NV kit and thermal .Still got to get to within shooting range or call them but it’s a different ballgame from lamping them the old fashioned way.?

Nobody I know takes anything from a fox accept maybe the tail if it’s a good un .

I have collected the glands and used lard to preserve it . But for my use I have made “ fox juice “ . I would soak some foxes in a tub and a bit like wine makers , I would tread on them in my wellington boots to extract as much bodily fluids as possible . After a day or so , the fluid is drained off and kept in a plastic barrel . It smells like nothing you would want to get on on you put it that way . I then decant some into a spray bottle. It works fantastically for stopping a fox for a shot or when drawing them into an area which has snares . 

A45C85E4-6B39-4D9F-94DE-C3621106BE91.jpeg

Edited by shovel leaner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I have collected the glands and used lard to preserve it . But for my use I have made “ fox juice “ . I would soak some foxes in a tub and a bit like wine makers , I would tread on them in my wellington boots to extract as much bodily fluids as possible . After a day or so , the fluid is drained off and kept in a plastic barrel . It smells like nothing you would want to get on on you put it that way . I then decant some into a spray bottle. It works fantastically for stopping a fox for a shot or when drawing them into an area which has snares . 

A45C85E4-6B39-4D9F-94DE-C3621106BE91.jpeg

I can just imagine your Mrs after squelching them cadavers. ?

• Haha 1