Logs for the Fire

2 hours ago, fireman said:

Mate of mine spent a week in Swansea jail on remand for cutting a dead oak branch down a farmer said he could have then called the old bill on him, bit of a do when he appeared in court as we kicked off in the public gallery and they had to call in a few extra coppers to clear us out but we got the message across to the bench as my pal was released that day and the charges were dropped...Stealing wood is frowned upon in some places Captain so go a little steady with collecting it..:victory:

Self sufficiency in any form is frowned upon unfortunately mate, they want everyone to be stuck in there rut, I,ve not spent a penny on heating for years and don’t intend to as long as I’m able, ATB and have a good day ?

• Like 6

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Found this old Poem about the best logs to burn. Cheers Arry  

Get 8 euro pallets or 4 normal size ones in my wee Yaris when the back seats are out  ?

Went to fill the tranny with fuel for next weeks return to work, as it’s raining misses is cleaning and doing laundry I wasn’t in any rush so had a slow bumble down the lane And in under an hour picke

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Greyman said:

Self sufficiency in any form is frowned upon unfortunately mate, they want everyone to be stuck in there rut, I,ve not spent a penny on heating for years and don’t intend to as long as I’m able, ATB and have a good day ?

I had a rayburn in my lorry horsebox and the only money i ever spent on keeping it warm was on bow saw blades, i also have never paid for wood and am fitting a new burner in my house over the next few months all ready for next winter but these days i let a chainsaw do the cutty hard work bit...:laugh:...

• Like 1
3 hours ago, fireman said:

I had a rayburn in my lorry horsebox and the only money i ever spent on keeping it warm was on bow saw blades, i also have never paid for wood and am fitting a new burner in my house over the next few months all ready for next winter but these days i let a chainsaw do the cutty hard work bit...:laugh:...

Didn’t you mention while back ,you was doing another conversion not for living in but going away in?

2 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Didn’t you mention while back ,you was doing another conversion not for living in but going away in?

I am mate,ripped out the old floor and have red leaded all cross members etc,then it got cold outside :laugh:  but i will have it all sorted for spring time as although it's a oldish lorry (1984 Bedford TL with a little 220 turbo) it's only got 25,000 on the clock and has been looked after as such..:victory:..

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, fireman said:

I am mate,ripped out the old floor and have red leaded all cross members etc,then it got cold outside :laugh:  but i will have it all sorted for spring time as although it's a oldish lorry (1984 Bedford TL with a little 220 turbo) it's only got 25,000 on the clock and has been looked after as such..:victory:..

That will keep you occupied renovating it ?

• Like 1
13 hours ago, fireman said:

That’s the next thing on my shopping list when the house sales a nice horse box lorry to convert always fancied one ?

On 25/12/2022 at 06:47, fireman said:

Mate of mine spent a week in Swansea jail on remand for cutting a dead oak branch down a farmer said he could have then called the old bill on him, bit of a do when he appeared in court as we kicked off in the public gallery and they had to call in a few extra coppers to clear us out but we got the message across to the bench as my pal was released that day and the charges were dropped...Stealing wood is frowned upon in some places Captain so go a little steady with collecting it..:victory:

me and my little lad only 4..or 5 at the time were collecting fire wood in the Wood just at the end of my village....literally  just dead branches  off the ground...didn't even have a saw with me...

old boy from the Manor house strolls over and starts having a go...I was almost lost for words...I tried to be polite as I had my kid with me...but he just kept going on.....

it was just dead wood I explained. .look no saw...he comes back with ...well it's my land what if I want it. ..

I said technically  it's the crowns land...and your a Tennant. ..and you clearly don't want it cos look at all the rotting branches that hasn't been collected. ..

just a miserable  old c**t. ..anyway he's dead now so f**k him

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
13 minutes ago, TOMO said:

me and my little lad only 4..or 5 at the time were collecting fire wood in the Wood just at the end of my village....literally  just dead branches  off the ground...didn't even have a saw with me...

old boy from the Manor house strolls over and starts having a go...I was almost lost for words...I tried to be polite as I had my kid with me...but he just kept going on.....

it was just dead wood I explained. .look no saw...he comes back with ...well it's my land what if I want it. ..

I said technically  it's the crowns land...and your a Tennant. ..and you clearly don't want it cos look at all the rotting branches that hasn't been collected. ..

Died of a fallen branch hitting him on the head ?

58 minutes ago, TOMO said:

Wish i had a pound for every feker like him i have come across over the year's.

• Like 1

Went to fill the tranny with fuel for next weeks return to work, as it’s raining misses is cleaning and doing laundry I wasn’t in any rush so had a slow bumble down the lane And in under an hour picked up another couple of weeks worth of free heating also cut a nice bit of hazel to make a new handle for my kindling axe ??

92F82BA1-4C93-48EF-A71B-6F58941F0E26.jpeg

575D561D-AC5A-474D-A125-D526BF2E8947.jpeg

• Like 7

I bought a load of logs in this year just for ease i was being lazy I payed £150 a trailer load from the local farm supply although they looked after me with the load I got but I’d still rather burn the free stuff in my eyes it burn’s better ?only because it’s free an I’ve become a tight git I hate spending money that I don’t really have to spend any more. 

18 minutes ago, poxon said:

I bought a load of logs in this year just for ease i was being lazy I payed £150 a trailer load from the local farm supply although they looked after me with the load I got but I’d still rather burn the free stuff in my eyes it burn’s better ?only because it’s free an I’ve become a tight git I hate spending money that I don’t really have to spend any more. 

Those net bags get me, £5/£10 for an evenings wood, the other problem I have is boat stoves tend to be quite small and a lot of the pre cut logs don’t fit in, I cut mine around 6” to 8” when I stop working I might even do it commercially through the winter, small logs for boats think there would be a few quid to be made ?

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Those net bags get me, £5/£10 for an evenings wood, the other problem I have is boat stoves tend to be quite small and a lot of the pre cut logs don’t fit in, I cut mine around 6” to 8” when I stop working I might even do it commercially through the winter, small logs for boats think there would be a few quid to be made ?

There mad them net bags from garages biggest rip off going.my stove ain’t the biggest it’s a 5kw flavel stove longest log I can get on mines 12 inches long most logs I got in my load are 8-10inch I’m guessing the farm supply cut them off a marker jig so they can cater for most stove sizes. Bet your make a few quid selling logs across the canal network gotta be worth a punt ??

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Greyman said:

Went to fill the tranny with fuel for next weeks return to work, as it’s raining misses is cleaning and doing laundry I wasn’t in any rush so had a slow bumble down the lane And in under an hour picked up another couple of weeks worth of free heating also cut a nice bit of hazel to make a new handle for my kindling axe ??

92F82BA1-4C93-48EF-A71B-6F58941F0E26.jpeg

575D561D-AC5A-474D-A125-D526BF2E8947.jpeg

I really have got to get me self a chainsaw 

• Like 3