Over eating

What turns off autophagy? Eating. Glucose, insulin (or decreased glucagon) and proteins all turn off this self-cleaning process. And it doesn't take much

so I think there's something helpful in fasting,just say I ate two meals a day,in a short window,getting all my calories,say 2500 standard,an the rest fasting,that's only two times it's spiking an the rest fasting leading to aotophagy but still got my calories in so won't loose weight,but still the cells are recycling an cleaning due to fasting time?

• Like 1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I eat the old fashioned way: breakfast, dinner and supper, meat, veg, fish, usually fresh, not processed. lead a healthy lifestyle, plenty of exercise and fresh air. 70 years old, rela

That's the spirit keith your out in the countryside doing what you love,goodman 

Just watched a series on disney channel called limitless with Chris hemsworth , quite a good watch with one episode on fasting and how the body repairs its self , chris did a 3 day fast and some spear

5 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I could be wrong, but I thought the generally recognised way of eating healthy was small amounts spread out through the day ?

Cheers.

That will keep the doctors happy charts lol

Everytime we eat it spikes our insulin,which leads to all sorts of complications,if we eat many times a day our body cannot recycle our damaged cells (autophagy)that's what I'm reading anyhow mate.

My whole point was does eating as many times a day like bodybuilders do mirror steriod abuse?

I'm not really sure how bad steroids affect the body,but could spiked insulin many times a day like bodybuilders do,could play apart in there problems aside from steroids?

1 minute ago, Francie said:

In the long term, repeated spikes in your blood sugar can cause heart problems, kidney problems, problems with eyesight, and nerve issues like neuropathy, where you lose feeling in fingers and toes

Does what you eat have a correlation to Insulin spikes in blood sugar?

• Like 1
Just now, Francie said:

My whole point was does eating as many times a day like bodybuilders do mirror steriod abuse?

I'm not really sure how bad steroids affect the body,but could spiked insulin many times a day like bodybuilders do,could play apart in there problems aside from steroids?

How could it? Eating is a normal function…..if your eating the correct amount of calories broken out the right way….it’s normal….eat when your rumbly in your tumbly.

12 minutes ago, Francie said:

That will keep the doctors happy charts lol

Everytime we eat it spikes our insulin,which leads to all sorts of complications,if we eat many times a day our body cannot recycle our damaged cells (autophagy)that's what I'm reading anyhow mate.

Well, I eat the old fashioned way: breakfast, dinner and supper, meat, veg, fish, usually fresh, not processed.

lead a healthy lifestyle, plenty of exercise and fresh air.

70 years old, relatively fit for my age, no obvious health problems, have my medical "M.O.T." every year, and, dare I say it, had both Covid shots and one booster with no obvious detrimental affects ! ??

Cheers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Well, I eat the old fashioned way: breakfast, dinner and supper, meat, veg, fish, usually fresh, not processed.

70 years old, relatively fit for my age, no obvious health problems, have my medical "M.O.T." every year, and, dare I say it, had both Covid shots and one booster with no obvious detrimental affects ! ??

Cheers.

Don’t start the Covid argument again…..be no one left on the site…..there all gone woke…..quitting and suchlike….

• Haha 2

Eh, im at it all day eating that is, browt up on dripping butties, up in the middle of the night frying pan on the go, a good breakfast this morning, im just aboutput a fish pie in the oven, out in middle of the night feeding foxes, with chunks f chicken, the b*****ds got a bit to close so i eat it, fek em, born 1944, im still fettlin, if youve gotta go thats it,  im going now,    ta ta 

2 hours ago, VOON said:

How could it? Eating is a normal function…..if your eating the correct amount of calories broken out the right way….it’s normal….eat when your rumbly in your tumbly.

It's a known fact that eating spikes your insulin voon,there's foods that don't spike it mind you,have you never heard of insulin resistance?

2 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

I'd say three times is the norm these days charts,but I was talking about people who eat often durning the day,snacking etc or eating 5678 times for bodybuilders,eating alot spikes your insulin depending in what we're eating.

Goodman your eating well boss.

1 hour ago, Bush Rummager said:

I think you're say Francie about eating and insulin spikes is spot on.

This guy talks a lot of sense and is easy to understand for thick f**kers like myself. This is a long video mind.. but most are 5-7 long.. Worth flicking through if you're interested mate.. ?

Goodman bushy

1 hour ago, iworkwhippets said:

Eh, im at it all day eating that is, browt up on dripping butties, up in the middle of the night frying pan on the go, a good breakfast this morning, im just aboutput a fish pie in the oven, out in middle of the night feeding foxes, with chunks f chicken, the b*****ds got a bit to close so i eat it, fek em, born 1944, im still fettlin, if youve gotta go thats it,  im going now,    ta ta 

Goodman keith

43 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

Steroids are a powerful growth hormone and have an effect on everything in the human body. Imo the reason why most die young is because their internal organs also grow, the heart, the kidneys etc. Increase the size of your heart over time and your fcuked. 

Thank you neo