Officially in a Recession

heard on the radio this morning we’re officially in a recession. I work in the building trade I’ve heard a few lads saying it’s coming recently. I’ve spoken to one of the contract managers I get on well with he recons we’re be alright till January then it will start to slow down an there only be pulling housing association an sold housing out the ground. 

• Like 1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We would start 4 keen young lads tomorrow if we could get them, most of the youth today are work shy fcukwits.  Sounds horrible but it's the truth. 

We Bought a burger van few weeks back and did a complete refit,all brand-new kit-just put the Mrs out to work in it this week. averaging 200/250 a day on the  first week...fingers crossed it keeps bui

In 1980 had my own groundwork's business I was doing really well when it all went tits up will a recession thanks to Thatcher. Well the company I had a contract with wanted to cut my prices by 20% as

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Great news ! 

I feel sorry for lads that are gunner struggle to look after there families..if it gets to that it’s a kick in the teeth for them an if there still in work there have there pants pulled down with higher tax 

• Like 4
Just now, poxon said:

I feel sorry for lads that are gunner struggle to look after there families..if it gets to that it’s a kick in the teeth for them an if there still in work there have there pants pulled down with higher tax 

Yep it’s bad mate, be time to go on the pavement soon ? 

• Haha 1

I work in a courier delivery warehouse and for the time of year it's the quietest i have seen it the 8 year's i have been their . I am fortunate that the wife works in care and we both get small pensions from previous employment and it wont be as devastating to us like it will to younger working class couples who i think it will be a wake up call to some about debt and borrowing.

• Like 8
4 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

I work in a courier delivery warehouse and for the time of year it's the quietest i have seen it the 8 year's i have been their . I am fortunate that the wife works in care and we both get small pensions from previous employment and it wont be as devastating to us like it will to younger working class couples who i think it will be a wake up call to some about debt and borrowing.

My daughter and her boyfriend moved over to Swansea for his work (he is some kind of scientist !) and she is a PA for some big firm in London which she does remotely, they are on over a grand a week between them, no kids, no debt, no credit cards, car is owned, just a rented house and they are going to move back soon because they don’t have hardly any money left to themselves every week ! 
She phoned me last night and just said “this is shit Dad”……they don’t want to just work for the man and I don’t blame them.

f**k all future for young people in that country now.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
36 minutes ago, poxon said:

Don't blame anyone who works for cash me and the wife get 500 a month from pensions in previous job's 100 pound of it is paid in tax it would be a bit more palatable if our taxes were spent on things that benefit us all instead of foreign aid and keeping illegal invader's in hotel's.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
20 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Don't blame anyone who works for cash me and the wife get 500 a month from pensions in previous job's 100 pound of it is paid in tax it would be a bit more palatable if our taxes were spent on things that benefit us all instead of foreign aid and keeping illegal invader's in hotel's.

And there you have it mate, if you could see your country getting better instead of going down the toilet while people in charge call you a horrible c**t all the time then you wouldn’t mind a penny of it ! 
f**k that mate :( 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, WILF said:

STOP…….VOTING……..FOR…….THESE……..PEOPLE !

Wouldn’t Matter mate if there rigging every other election around the world what makes the corrupt Uk any different  one things for sure they wouldn’t be letting any other party in the door that isn’t under control 

• Like 6
51 minutes ago, WILF said:

My daughter and her boyfriend moved over to Swansea for his work (he is some kind of scientist !) and she is a PA for some big firm in London which she does remotely, they are on over a grand a week between them, no kids, no debt, no credit cards, car is owned, just a rented house and they are going to move back soon because they don’t have hardly any money left to themselves every week ! 
She phoned me last night and just said “this is shit Dad”……they don’t want to just work for the man and I don’t blame them.

f**k all future for young people in that country now.

Madness mate your Daughter and her boyfriend should have their own property if the system was not rigged to have more folk renting than buying. Lad's at work who rent cannot believe me when i tell them i worked six months solid overtime at the pit to get a grand deposit on a terraced house for 9 and half grand in 1981 in a decent area as they know they will never own their own home.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

We Bought a burger van few weeks back and did a complete refit,all brand-new kit-just put the Mrs out to work in it this week. averaging 200/250 a day on the  first week...fingers crossed it keeps building up for us,Mrs is working the pub still evenings and running her events business on weekends etc,I'm working 6/7 days a week most weeks..got to do what you got to do to survive....heard rumours things will start to slow down but I'm not worried to be honest...there's always a way to earn money,if your hungry for it,cut back on a few none essentials and it's all good  ?

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Madness mate your Daughter and her boyfriend should have their own property if the system was not rigged to have more folk renting than buying. Lad's at work who rent cannot believe me when i tell them i worked six months solid overtime at the pit to get a grand deposit on a terraced house for 9 and half grand in 1981 in a decent area as they know they will never own their own home.

They can live by the beach in Donegal for an absolute fraction of the money and she can still do her job mate, then they can enjoy a bit of travelling while they are still young and save a few quid as well.

Wouldnt take them long to save up enough to buy a little do up place outright here……exactly how it should be imho mate. 

Im just happy that they ain’t like me and can only see the graft, some of these young people have a better world view than I ever did and they are seeing the bigger picture earlier in their lives than I ever did too.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 4
2 minutes ago, WILF said:

They can live by the beach in Donegal for an absolute fraction of the money and she can still do her job mate, then they can enjoy a bit of travelling while they are still young and save a few quid as well.

Wouldnt take them long to save up enough to buy a little do up place outright here……exactly how it should be imho mate. 

Im just happy that they ain’t like me and can only see the graft, some of these young people have a better world view than I ever did and they are seeing the bigger picture earlier in than lives than I ever did too.

I agree with you mate and as parents we only want the best for them and more importantly to be happy. 

• Like 2