Scottish hunting bill

Just now, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Nope limited to 2 for flushing and stalking mate 

1 beneath the deck . 

I mean with a rough shoot knocking hedge rows with mates. You could use as many spaniels as you like flushing birds. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is quite a lot going on with this at committee stage at the moment with the RAINE committee urgently seeking clarification from Scottish Government  on numerous points especially  why Rabbits ha

We didn’t have a dog in the fight mate , we were f****d 20 years ago and have been ever since .    what hurts was that the anti hunt brigade were shafting us and the organisations supposed to a

There is always big cat hunting mate, that old boy the metal detector we met in Wiltshire has had more sightings and done a podcast there is also some seriously good thermal footage coming up on there

Posted Images

1 minute ago, jukel123 said:

You are right mate. Just checked. Shotguns permissible in certain situations.

I remember that as when I was a kid I used to go out fox drives with keepers , lurchers etc and the gun line used to leather the roes breaking through .??

bad when you think like , but that was allowed , I think it’s more restrictive and an application must be applied for under the 2020 report . 

2 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

If it's anything like how laws over here have worked with dig hunting best I can say is dont give them an inch.  

We didn’t have a dog in the fight mate , we were f****d 20 years ago and have been ever since . 

what hurts was that the anti hunt brigade were shafting us and the organisations supposed to assist us in the fight , the countryside alliance , BASC et all were pushing them in by the arse . 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
13 minutes ago, Mother_Mary said:

that’s it in a nutshell. 
I’d say a decent percentage of dog lads would take action if they knew it had merit and were asked to get involved and how to go about it.
But the majority of us are woefully naive, uneducated and worse still totally uninterested in the politics and policy side of the sport which is what will be our downfall. 

where as the scum, credit where credit is due to them, have the tenacity to make a minority voice heard where it matters politically, amplified to sound like a majority. 

It’s a scary thought that we will have to explain to our kids in years to come that we gave away there right to freedoms in their own lands and god given right to hunt like generations before have done. 

sad times ahead. 

I’d say it would have ti be a very brave, well off , thick skinned and completely irreproachable character ti raise his head above the parapet to champion dog sports in the uk . That guy just doesn’t exist in the running dog world imho 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I’d say it would have ti be a very brave, well off , thick skinned and completely irreproachable character ti raise his head above the parapet to champion dog sports in the uk . That guy just doesn’t exist in the running dog world imho 

We are always defending ourselves from attack. We should be on the front foot. Ideally we need to organise, use PR people and be media savvy. We are too divided.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

We didn’t have a dog in the fight mate , we were f****d 20 years ago and have been ever since . 

what hurts was that the anti hunt brigade were shafting us and the organisations supposed to assist us in the fight , the countryside alliance , BASC et all were pushing them in by the arse . 

Sounds like it's time to make up an new organization and take the initiative. Lot of states here have had to disband and re-up. No point in just hoping for the best with a screwed up system ... Burn it to the ground build back better.... That or cling of and die a slow painful death.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Don’t fret lads .They tried  it here and hunting has gone from strength to strength as a result .
Unenforceable ,police don’t understand it and antis are known to make up  shite .

With all due respect , I’ve always found the cozzers worse there . Over the border was the gauntlet and getting up into kielder was a sigh of relief to be honest . 

13 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

With all due respect , I’ve always found the cozzers worse there . Over the border was the gauntlet and getting up into kielder was a sigh of relief to be honest . 

I got lost in kielder when I was with the Bewcastle hunt. Totally lost. Had  my two kids with me. I did not appreciate how vast it was. If you get caught doing something naughty there, you are either very unlucky or very careless.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, terryd said:

And there’s the silver lining as I see it personally. 
the same organisations that have purposefully distanced themselves from dog work before during and after the original ban have found themselves under threat also. 

This should have the positive affect that those bodies who more than likely would have shunned us to save face and protect image otherwise, to join the fight. 

just my opinion. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

I got lost in kielder when I was with the Bewcastle hunt. Totally lost. Had  my two kids with me. I did not appreciate how vast it was. If you get caught doing something naughty there, you are either very unlucky or very careless.

I used to follow them also , however , unbelievably I was once in the pub there and asked a senior figure in the hunt if they minded I followed more often , I was informed that lurcher men weren’t wanted or would ever be welcomed . Especially from where I’m from . 

lovely eh ?  Talk about getting new blood into the game … 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1