• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mate , you f***ing need to get out more pal !! 

Make him know what could happen! 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, littlefish said:

Look at Amazon......some variety of terrarium backgrounds on there for ideas.

Yeah. I'm all over Amazon, mate. DDG too. Chube? Just about Anywhere I might get a hint or clue to nudge me further.

Thing is, see; My tank's an Exo Terra 18". It comes with a generic bit of painted polystyrene in the back. Okay, I s'pose. But, it's some sort of rock face / tree bark sort of effect. Absolutely nothing to do with ABF.

Bottom line is, I s'pose; It's just not something ye can just buy, off the peg ?

I watch this Japanese girl, on the chube. She's absolutely fantastic! :boogy: Seems her daughter randomly found a tree frog and brought it home. Something must have just clicked, in Piyo's mind. Now, she has banks of tanks!

I was marvelling at her set ups, just the other day. Women think differently to us. A Japanese womans mind must be off the fukking charts! Her work with moss 'n shit is exquisite. Then, she'll bung in a little, ornamental toadstool. Little door. Or a tiny bucket?! And, yeah! No question about it. That fits! Wish I'd thought of that! :D

I'm not like that though. In my head. I've nothing artistic about me and rather lack imagination. But, I can spot details.

So, That's what I'm trying to work with here.

4 hours ago, king said:

Some watering hole live webcams here KD..I watched a few before ?

Now, That will be exactly the sort of shit I'll need, see; Once I pin this fukker down! That's Kenya. Yeah? So, if my frog turns out to be of the Tanzanian sub species? I'll be looking at that light, soft brown looking earth colour. See?

Example that set me off in all this? He's ye more standard type. And he's being shown with that more orange (Ocre?) hued ground I've seen on TV. Not sure where it comes from. But, I've seen termite mounds made in it.

Detail, see? 

4 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Just paint the back bluey green .Frog Will think he’s in the water then ,happy days .

I honestly don't think this fukking thing 'thinks' much beyond what appears at the end of his nose, mate.

As it is? He sits in clear, shallow water. Next to a rock. Screened in by green painted polystyrene tiles :(

He's happy as Larry, in there. I only get to look across at a fukking tile!!!

He's In There!!! (As Eddie McGee once, so memorable said :clapper:)

P1010001.JPG.3b25d2b998714e8eb99fff1eb1c9ef37.JPG

Fantastic fukking addition to Any living room. As I'm sure you'll agree :rolleyes:

" Could Do Better " springs to mind, eh?

5 hours ago, king said:

Some watering hole live webcams here KD..I watched a few before ?

EXPLORE.ORG

Our live webcam in Kenya shows live video of wild hippos, monkeys, elephants and lions...

This is a couple of pics I took in Kandy Sri Lanka as you can see it was taken high up I was sitting in a bar above watching the elephants they were bellowing and trumpeting it was quite an experience, thought I’d share seeing as we are on the subject of water holes, the last pic you can see a piece of melon on the bottom left that’s me feeding the elephant it didn’t stop eating I had an endless supply of fresh fruit and it just kept on going lol I hope it remembers me they say they’ve good memories ?

Just too add the 3rd pic that elephant used to belong to one of the leaders of the Tamil Tigers and was captured after the end of Sri Lanka’s recent civil war, notice the long hair on its head and the longer than usual trunk it was considered a very special elephant.

F4E9C4B6-1586-428C-8EA5-8E1F3ABDB129.jpeg.20b5f2bf0487093505f0facc40d27dd9.jpeg66742EC9-9FDE-4178-9EF2-C66B32F7D373.jpeg.27232fe259f6ff289ffffa9cbcc4819a.jpeg2E829F38-2D1B-4F99-924E-E2B8C1AF1318.jpeg.5f61324df277f937d6da39d01d26e250.jpeg97A7D4DC-8199-4518-BC95-5029AE7DB0D4.jpeg.a42a0783edf78575397b6eb53327e54b.jpeg

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Now, That will be exactly the sort of shit I'll need, see; Once I pin this fukker down! That's Kenya. Yeah? So, if my frog turns out to be of the Tanzanian sub species? I'll be looking at that light, soft brown looking earth colour. See?

Example that set me off in all this? He's ye more standard type. And he's being shown with that more orange (Ocre?) hued ground I've seen on TV. Not sure where it comes from. But, I've seen termite mounds made in it.

Detail, see? 

You are going in deep KD...

12 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

This is a couple of pics I took in Kandy Sri Lanka as you can see it was taken high up I was sitting in a bar above watching the elephants they were bellowing and trumpeting it was quite an experience, thought I’d share seeing as we are on the subject of water holes, the last pic you can see a piece of melon on the bottom left that’s me feeding the elephant it didn’t stop eating I had an endless supply of fresh fruit and it just kept on going lol I hope it remembers me they say they’ve good memories ?

Just too add the 3rd pic that elephant used to belong to one of the leaders of the Tamil Tigers and was captured after the end of Sri Lanka’s recent civil war, notice the long hair on its head and the longer than usual trunk it was considered a very special elephant.

F4E9C4B6-1586-428C-8EA5-8E1F3ABDB129.jpeg.20b5f2bf0487093505f0facc40d27dd9.jpeg66742EC9-9FDE-4178-9EF2-C66B32F7D373.jpeg.27232fe259f6ff289ffffa9cbcc4819a.jpeg2E829F38-2D1B-4F99-924E-E2B8C1AF1318.jpeg.5f61324df277f937d6da39d01d26e250.jpeg97A7D4DC-8199-4518-BC95-5029AE7DB0D4.jpeg.a42a0783edf78575397b6eb53327e54b.jpeg

Fair play mate..that's some experience.ive only seen the elephants in Chester zoo..and the size of them is crazy..

1 minute ago, king said:

Fair play mate..that's some experience.ive only seen the elephants in Chester zoo..and the size of them is crazy..

I’ve rode one bare back in Kerala India it was enormous I’ve got a pic somewhere and it was one of my most memorable things I’ve experienced the noise they make reverberated through me and I remember how big the hairs on them were also the flapping of their ears on my legs I felt like a Maha Raja going through a local village ?

31 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

He's In There!!! (As Eddie McGee once, so memorable said :clapper:)

If we are on the McGee-isms……tell the frog “there’s no need to die” ! Lol 

• Haha 1