Deer whacking thread

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe some people don’t want to post continuously about what they shoot. Doesn’t mean they don’t “do a bit” 

Was out before dawn this morning as the roe are out of control and the wethers cool enough for the meat not to go manky.. few of the old boys I know ain’t too good at the moment so I’ve filled there f

Was out for a munty last night and within 10 mins found this guy holding 3 hinds with a calf each. Shit pic, but he was tearing up the field, head back with his lip curling. Let out the odd roar.

Posted Images

Shooting deer leaves me stone cold . It literally doesn’t do anything for me . I’ve put my share in the chiller but if I never shot another it wouldn’t bother me . I enjoyed taking people out and got a kick out of seeing others enjoy a stalk though. But I just prefer to shoot foxes . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Same with venison it's all dog food now ?

I used to do the same,  could do half a weeks wages down the club, I’m totally fine with venison been used as dog food but I know a couple of people that would kill them and leave them in a field, I’m definitely not ok with that, that’s just killing because you want to kill something, if it was worth something or I had an outlet for it again I’d be out all the time for them, but there’s only so much I can eat or give away, sad times ?

• Like 2
Just now, shovel leaner said:

Shooting deer leaves me stone cold . It literally doesn’t do anything for me . I’ve put my share in the chiller but if I never shot another it wouldn’t bother me . I enjoyed taking people out and got a kick out of seeing others enjoy a stalk though. But I just prefer to shoot foxes . 

I prefer to shoot foxes too but we dont have that many of them either ?

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Havent done my best ground yet , hopefully get a few in next few months ?

Now my birds have chilled out a bit, I’m hoping to get out and have some foxy stav time and enjoy been out again, the missus is going on holiday for a week next Sunday so I’ll have a bit more time on my hands, it’s a shame it’s not like it was 20 years ago, still some parts of the country are spoiled, I was talking to my mate rob earlier and he went to one spot last night and shot this lot ?

736DA4B6-2F9A-4841-BD93-CE5BEA93BACD.jpeg

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Now my birds have chilled out a bit, I’m hoping to get out and have some foxy stav time and enjoy been out again, the missus is going on holiday for a week next Sunday so I’ll have a bit more time on my hands, it’s a shame it’s not like it was 20 years ago, still some parts of the country are spoiled, I was talking to my mate rob earlier and he went to one spot last night and shot this lot ?

736DA4B6-2F9A-4841-BD93-CE5BEA93BACD.jpeg

Down South?