Deer whacking thread

16 hours ago, Stavross said:

What sort of age will that buck be, that’s quite a nice looking head, I’ve never been interested in head scoring I’m more interested in eating it than displaying it but I do like to have a ruff idea of age ?

He’s as old as they get Stav .Body going back as well as the head .Would of liked to of seen him 3 years ago .He had a limp too ,probably from the rut and a gash across the top of his head .

• Like 1

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe some people don’t want to post continuously about what they shoot. Doesn’t mean they don’t “do a bit” 

Was out before dawn this morning as the roe are out of control and the wethers cool enough for the meat not to go manky.. few of the old boys I know ain’t too good at the moment so I’ve filled there f

Was out for a munty last night and within 10 mins found this guy holding 3 hinds with a calf each. Shit pic, but he was tearing up the field, head back with his lip curling. Let out the odd roar.

Posted Images

12 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Good stuff mate but a blind man can shoot deer in Oxford ??? place is moving .

Remember I once went on a 2 day trip and shot 15 ,mix of fallow , roe and munty.

The thing that annoys me is all the guys that have leases and permission to good numbers of deer but dont do the job...

I have limited amounts and do OK but if  I had ground with good numbers would do a lot more. 

No wonder the country has more deer than ever when lots of ground is held by those that are unable to manage the population....about time it was passed on to  those that can do the job.

20210123_160957.jpg

Don’t remember that bag on your head that day Mark but do remember us dragging them all at once back to the truck .Bit younger ,bit fitter back then .??????

As you say place is lifting BUT you won’t shoot none sat on the sofa .

Saw plenty of fallow but only does .The rut coming up should see a few bucks move in with that number of does .It’s a rolling invite to help get numbers down .
Thats what mates do instead of hogging ground ???

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

Just a guess . That buck would have been a clonker a season or two ago . 

Yes mate ,I’d like to of seen him few years back .Mate reckons he saw him in the rut but no shot .He was limping back then too .
The farm next door is lifting too but he dosnt get on with the farmer my mate has the stalking on .Mate suggests I call in and ask so maybe ,just maybe ,I’ll have my own coveted fallow stalking .?

Just now, foxdropper said:

Yes mate ,I’d like to of seen him few years back .Mate reckons he saw him in the rut but no shot .He was limping back then too .
The farm next door is lifting too but he dosnt get on with the farmer my mate has the stalking on .Mate suggests I all in and ask so maybe ,just maybe ,I’ll have my own coveted fallow stalking .?

Good luck , I hope it works out for you . I was up at the chicken farm last night and saw a nice Muntjac buck , and four fallow. The things are everywhere near me . On that little patch of about 30 acres which is mostly fields there must be 15 head of deer . He wants me to shoot the muntjac but leave the roe , I bet he doesn’t even know about the fallow. 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

Good luck , I hope it works out for you . I was up at the chicken farm last night and saw a nice Muntjac buck , and four fallow. The things are everywhere near me . On that little patch of about 30 acres which is mostly fields there must be 15 head of deer . He wants me to shoot the muntjac but leave the roe , I bet he doesn’t even know about the fallow. 

If you need a hand ? or two ?mate ,just say .NV always charged ?

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

Nice head.

Just a shame your a bit full of yourself about it but I'm still happy for you.

Being of limited income I forsake traveling to just shoot deer many years ago and decided to wait patiently for them to come to me.

I now have six roe and recently found fresh sign of my buck.

IMG_20220909_083412.jpg.50d1763513260e7d95ed2bda32fb9b1f.jpg

We have fallow very close to and munties so I am ever hopeful.

That tree thrashing is the work of a fallow buck mate ??

2 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Don’t remember that bag on your head that day Mark but do remember us dragging them all at once back to the truck .Bit younger ,bit fitter back then .??????

Yes mate it was some drag , a lot fitter and younger but still plenty steam left in me yet.

Good luck with getting the fallow ground then I can come and give you a hand stacking  them up ??

4 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Yes mate it was some drag , a lot fitter and younger but still plenty steam left in me yet.

Good luck with getting the fallow ground then I can come and give you a hand stacking  them up ??

You would be welcome bud .

Get some sika stalking your end then we will be be even ????

I am going to a place this afternoon to put a stink pipe out for the foxes. Last time I went at night I saw 27 fallow on one of the fields. I am going to seriously thin them out shortly before they attract the wrong attention.

1 hour ago, ianm said:

I am going to a place this afternoon to put a stink pipe out for the foxes. Last time I went at night I saw 27 fallow on one of the fields. I am going to seriously thin them out shortly before they attract the wrong attention.

Yep another reason to whack em as they will attract unwanted attention from the dog men ?

• Haha 1