1/4 bull 3/4 greyhounds

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pm mchull tom he's are resident Bull x expert his love and knowledge of them are second to none .he's that passionate about them they never leave his thoughts 

Posted Images

On 29/07/2022 at 10:43, dogmandont said:

Do you think that relates to all 3/4 jeemes or just the bull xs. 

More with the Bullx because of the extra drive. When it comes to it theyre not as game as a good half cross usually. You can catch a lot of stuff but we never got a full season out of a 3/4. You need at least 4 or 5 runners. To be fair most are not conditioned enough, you need to handle them like a Greyhound. I think half cross is better than 3/4 in all lurchers really, just avoid the cloddy ones with Bullx and avoid flat feet. Thats what I think

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, All-terrain said:

Seen some 20 inch, even smaller, that I’d own, seen some 27-30 odd inch that I’d love to of owned, owned two , one that was 20 inch, as good as any dog I’ve ever seen, And one 27 inch dog from Scotland the dog at back in pic , would deffo like to own him again , atb A-t 

DA50BFC4-92CB-419C-B7DC-48C708280A59.jpeg

Very nice. 

I've witnessed quite a few decent bull blooded dogs in my time probably not many as most but still I can only go on what the eyes have saw 1 dog that was handy was my mates white 3/4 bred swag plenty of wind heart of a lion very loyal and a steady dog too killed a fair few fox and deer with him in his time 1 night he pulled 4 fallow on the bounce single handed and that was after hitting a fence running a hare dogs long dead now but had some great days and nights out running this dog rip swagster

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, Penda said:

I've witnessed quite a few decent bull blooded dogs in my time probably not many as most but still I can only go on what the eyes have saw 1 dog that was handy was my mates white 3/4 bred swag plenty of wind heart of a lion very loyal and a steady dog too killed a fair few fox and deer with him in his time 1 night he pulled 4 fallow on the bounce single handed and that was after hitting a fence running a hare dogs long dead now but had some great days and nights out running this dog rip swagster

Be a tale or 2 for the book on the strength on it no doubt 

12 hours ago, All-terrain said:

Seen some 20 inch, even smaller, that I’d own, seen some 27-30 odd inch that I’d love to of owned, owned two , one that was 20 inch, as good as any dog I’ve ever seen, And one 27 inch dog from Scotland the dog at back in pic , would deffo like to own him again , atb A-t 

DA50BFC4-92CB-419C-B7DC-48C708280A59.jpeg

Them dogs have that serious look in their eyes. Both look like they where top dogs

My dad had 3 different 3/4s in the early 80s; 2 out of GAs Dazzle bitch and 1 out of general. I know several that also had them in the 90s and just about into the early 2000s ... all these where out of genuine working halfxs out of genuine working bulls. 

In this day and age you'll probably not find a decent bull they'll allow you to put over a greyhound and if you find a decent half bred it's probably several generation bred and they're quite often as racey as a 3/4.

Alot of people aren't really aware of what's in the dogs they have anymore - often see things advertised as bullx pups or saluki bull grey and they may be an 1/8 or less bull with several other breeds chucked in 

• Like 4
28 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

My dad had 3 different 3/4s in the early 80s; 2 out of GAs Dazzle bitch and 1 out of general. I know several that also had them in the 90s and just about into the early 2000s ... all these where out of genuine working halfxs out of genuine working bulls. 

In this day and age you'll probably not find a decent bull they'll allow you to put over a greyhound and if you find a decent half bred it's probably several generation bred and they're quite often as racey as a 3/4.

Alot of people aren't really aware of what's in the dogs they have anymore - often see things advertised as bullx pups or saluki bull grey and they may be an 1/8 or less bull with several other breeds chucked in 

The reason I always bred my own half xs or stuff I knew the history of. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

The reason I always bred my own half xs or stuff I knew the history of. 

Most don't though; half can't even tell you how it's bred properly. I had a golly bred dog that was meant to be a 3/8 5/8 but when I did some digging there was collie and saluki in there somewhere 

• Like 2