Current scrap prices

Quite simples really I know a few of you do the scrap so was just wondering what are prices like at the moment as in good bad or don’t bother,just not been a work for a few weeks got a van full of brass, copper, lead and battery’s so if price is ok may as well go and off load cheers ?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First time in this yard a bit different to my usual and don’t think his prices are that great, but £400 for picking up other people’s shit will do me ??

It’s just what I pick up off the floor at work mostly mate so as I’m getting paid as well I just go down the easiest route, don’t mind separating a bit but not stripping like I used to when I did it f

Well I took my bit of copper and lead in, 150 quid, I’m ok with that for nowt, the lad in there had to rub it in a bit by saying if I’d taken it in a few weeks ago I’d of got close to 200 for it, but

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, TOMO said:

can you still get cash for scrap ...or is it all bank transfer...like the way most things are going

Not allowed cash for about 10 years mate, last I heard lite iron was over the £100 mark which everything else will be decent money at the moment.

Im a bit out of touch because they don’t have iron yards over here like they do in the uk 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, TOMO said:

can you still get cash for scrap ...or is it all bank transfer...like the way most things are going

No cash any more mate, paid into an account...

Let my old man have all my scrap now, he comes round the sites in his van and clears it for us, keeps him ticking over and he enjoys the crack with the lads...

Was always beer tokens working away, had some good lumps from Ali and lead over the years..

Prices aren't bad at the moment I dont think, steel over £90 ton last I heard...it was £80 down here not that long ago... not scrapped any lead for a while though

• Like 3

Yeh I thought it was...I recall scrapping a car at a breakers yard..a good few year ago and getting a bank transfer....

just wondering if it was different at a regular scrap yard

Let’s have a guess to the nearest tenner, got roughly 10 battery’s a copper water tank, one recycling crate of brass taps one of clean copper pipe three sacks of painted copper, three sacks of wire with coating on and a sack of lead flashing  ?

2CC48651-F9AF-4287-9DD1-1505D2AE7428.jpeg

F070D892-7BA2-40FE-8CD1-43DA39680F08.jpeg

B78A1D16-41C9-40AE-92FB-A64D221BA705.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Let’s have a guess to the nearest tenner, got roughly 10 battery’s a copper water tank, one recycling crate of brass taps one of clean copper pipe three sacks of painted copper, three sacks of wire with coating on and a sack of lead flashing  ?

2CC48651-F9AF-4287-9DD1-1505D2AE7428.jpeg

F070D892-7BA2-40FE-8CD1-43DA39680F08.jpeg

B78A1D16-41C9-40AE-92FB-A64D221BA705.jpeg

That grey tub you can increase the value by cutting all the solder joints off an weigh in as clean copper tube there only give you dirty copper price round our way it’s £3.00 for dirty an just over £5 for clean at the minute……love a bit of copper brass an lead lead is gone down to £1.05 our way per kg. I weighed 2 car battery’s in about 3 weeks ago an got £12 for them…..looks like your gunner have a nice little pay day mate….my guess is £285 ??

• Like 3