28 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Same here - Tunisia in the 90s was bad enough...... horrible place, horrible people. I could have slapped that feckin travel agent.

My Uncle has just retired and come back to the UK - He's been working in Sri Lanka, Sierra Leone, Ethiopia and the Congo for the last 30ish years. He said the Congo was shit but, he liked the rest of it....... he's even thinking of going to live out his retirement in Ethiopia.

Probably have to deal with less spades than he would if he retired to the UK ! Lol ? 

• Haha 5

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mackem still has a little house there 

Probably have to deal with less spades than he would if he retired to the UK ! Lol ? 

Never will go to any of those shit holes even Jamaica , goa, no chance

Posted Images

On 14/06/2022 at 12:45, Daniel cain said:

my Oldmans been out there early 80's ,a few older heads from by me swear by  Ghana for a holiday destination ?

I’ve been to the Gambia a couple of times which is sort of next door to Ghana I enjoyed it and got on well there, It really all depends on your attitude and expectations really, i have been Cape Verde as well windy and boring summed it up for me but others may think differently. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

Same here - Tunisia in the 90s was bad enough...... horrible place, horrible people. I could have slapped that feckin travel agent.

My Uncle has just retired and come back to the UK - He's been working in Sri Lanka, Sierra Leone, Ethiopia and the Congo for the last 30ish years. He said the Congo was shit but, he liked the rest of it....... he's even thinking of going to live out his retirement in Ethiopia.

I worked in Asia with a English fella who had worked all round the world he said Ethiopian girls were the prettiest.

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, Qbgrey said:

I worked in Asia with a English fella who had worked all round the world he said Ethiopian girls were the prettiest.

It's funny you say that - we do think he's got a bird out there :yes:

• Like 1
6 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Went for two weeks in what was supposed to be one of the best hotels food was shite and the couple of times we went to Santa Maria we were pestered to death with the natives trying to sell you some thing or drag you into their shops. On an hotel organised excursion of the island we saw some of the shit holes the natives lived in.

Mmmm your not selling it to me ! I'll give it a miss ,clovelly is a nicer option 

18 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

No accounting for taste ,some people thought an Austin princess was good looking !

• Haha 2
50 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

I should hope so, 30 years on a drought he’d have a bull sack like a hot air ballon

He was married when he first went mate - his kids grew up in Sri Lanka...... they've got really fond memories of the place :thumbs:

His kids are grown up now - it's hilarious when they surprise people over here with the fluent lingo :laugh:

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Qbgrey said:

Was it the bloated belly ,or fly encrusted eyes he found attractive? 

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

I’ve been to the Gambia a couple of times which is sort of next door to Ghana I enjoyed it and got on well there, It really all depends on your attitude and expectations really, i have been Cape Verde as well windy and boring summed it up for me but others may think differently. 

We went Gambia 4 or 5 times in the nineties, was great at first, only us and the Scandies holidayed there then but the last time it was proper shite cos everyone had become part of the tourist trade and they wouldn't leave you alone, pestering feckers lol 

Cheers, D.

9 hours ago, waltjnr said:

Was it the bloated belly ,or fly encrusted eyes he found attractive? 

??that was my thoughts too, all those tv ads asking for relief money.but have a look now they are some nice lady’s believe it or not. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, dytkos said:

We went Gambia 4 or 5 times in the nineties, was great at first, only us and the Scandies holidayed there then but the last time it was proper shite cos everyone had become part of the tourist trade and they wouldn't leave you alone, pestering feckers lol 

Cheers, D.

Your right it was great we met a lot of people who were repeat visitors some even bought property out there, I visited when President Jammah was in charge everyday his herd of goats were walked on the beach and he used to give out money to the locals.

The pestering feckers nickname Bumsters ? I was told walk in the sea they don’t like getting their trainers wet.

• Like 1