Brits sentenced to death....

3 minutes ago, Borr said:

Lack of storage facilities especially gas, shutting North sea down, paying off loads of skilled blokes and losing them to other industries, investing in russian interests against British and American advice.

Do you honestly expect private corp's to do that? They are things governments should be doing because they have strategic security implications. Corp's will only look to their own survivability. They aren't going to invest in things that don't pay off. If they go about doing stuff that is the concern of governments at their own expense then investors will leave them for more sensible profit driven companies.

6 minutes ago, Borr said:

You're obviously a loyal company man, I'm sure you'll do well (pun).

Why because I'm not joining the little man's witch hunt? I'm not in the industry anymore, I wanted out and am out.

7 minutes ago, Borr said:

Didn't they comment they were printing money and didn't know what to do with it

'They', nice little media snippet that. Do you really give that any value at all?

8 minutes ago, Borr said:

some announced profits of ten billion no? I might have been thinking of Scottish power asking the government to loan us all a grand so they get paid and we all get a debt

What's an acceptable profit margin yearly and long term? 5%? Surely 5% isn't billions right.....

I hope they continue to make healthy profits. I hope my old colleagues are able to have long careers.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Married a Ukrainian and served in their armed forces for 4 years. Not really playing stupid games. Plenty of Ukrainian men hiding in the UK....could say this man is doing the UK proud by his actions..

My point exactly, hence the false price increases coming in on a weekly basis while those in charge make all the right noises they are trying to help the man in the street but doing zero, we are like

I think the fuel prices will keep going until we are all driving an electric car, oil is low everyone is making noise but no one is doing anything as it’s all part of directing the masses into making

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Do you honestly expect private corp's to do that? They are things governments should be doing because they have strategic security implications. Corp's will only look to their own survivability. They aren't going to invest in things that don't pay off. If they go about doing stuff that is the concern of governments at their own expense then investors will leave them for more sensible profit driven companies.

Why because I'm not joining the little man's witch hunt? I'm not in the industry anymore, I wanted out and am out.

'They', nice little media snippet that. Do you really give that any value at all?

What's an acceptable profit margin yearly and long term? 5%? Surely 5% isn't billions right.....

I hope they continue to make healthy profits. I hope my old colleagues are able to have long careers.

I'm in work mate , so only quick answers. I just don't buy into poor oil companies in fact I think it's laughable..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Just now, Borr said:

I'm in work mate , so only quick answers. I just don't buy into poor oil companies in fact I think it's laughable..

Surely right now it's "poor us, mean oil companies". I'm not asking for sympathy for the oil companies, I'm saying let's have it right, we suffered and no one gave a shit and neither did I or the industry ask you to. We dealt with it. Now the shoe is on the other foot, everyone want's blood. Boom and bust...

34 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

If they are then I don't know what they were making before, given their margins are like 1-2p/lt.

The greatest cost is extracting and processing.

I watched an interview with the head of the petrol retailers association and he was bemoaning the fact they "only" made 4p per litre profit.

I also saw an interview with a government spokesman, and asked why we don't open up the North Sea oil feilds and become self sufficient, he said it would make no difference to the price as we would have to sell it to ourselves at the international spot price ! Absolute bullshit ! America is self sufficient in oil and they set the price at the pumps, which is half what we pay, Saudi Arabia is self sufficient and they almost give the petrol away to their people, as do many other oil producing countries.

Cheers.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Surely right now it's "poor us, mean oil companies". I'm not asking for sympathy for the oil companies, I'm saying let's have it right, we suffered and no one gave a shit and neither did I or the industry ask you to. We dealt with it. Now the shoe is on the other foot, everyone want's blood. Boom and bust...

It was the workers who took the hit,not the top guys in the company born,they were all gran,as usual it was the workforce that got layer off,not the boys at the top,there rolling in the doe,apart from the guys that done the hard work.

I want the oil companies to stay,f**k the green new deal,the gov are taxing f**k out of us ultimately the gov is to blame with there high tax.

10 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I watched an interview with the head of the petrol retailers association and he was bemoaning the fact they "only" made 4p per litre profit.

I also saw an interview with a government spokesman, and asked why we don't open up the North Sea oil feilds and become self sufficient, he said it would make no difference to the price as we would have to sell it to ourselves at the international spot price ! Absolute bullshit ! America is self sufficient in oil and they set the price at the pumps, which is half what we pay, Saudi Arabia is self sufficient and they almost give the petrol away to their people, as do many other oil producing countries.

Cheers.

I mean, I'm not going to argue that this isn't mostly the result of political decisions. Be it tax, green politics, fracking, covid lockdowns, strategic energy supply, work force. I just want the public to be a bit smarter with the actual causes and stop letting the media whip up a storm.

Edited by Born Hunter
Just now, Francie said:

It was the workers who took the hit,not the top guys in the company born,they were all gran,as usual it was the workforce that got layer off,not the boys at the top,there rolling in the doe,apart from the guys that done the hard work.

I want the oil companies to stay,f**k the green new deal,the gov are taxing f**k out of us ultimately the gov is to blame with there high tax.

That's the perks of being at the top. You take one annual 5M bonus and you stop needing to worry about money ever again. But let's not pretend anyone can manage the biggest companies in the world.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, greg64 said:

looking at that list i think were getting shafted 

Don’t be silly it’s the oil company’s that are loosing out and suffering, we are having it right off, now where’s me keys ??

F22C0091-CFFC-4018-BD8B-5857BAA0F56A.jpeg

2 hours ago, JBs Left Peg said:

If out Gov thought anything of its people it would immediately take aaay  the VAT on Fuel ‘GAS ‘ Electricity and Food.

But they won’t because they don’t care they view the working class and nowdays probably even the middle classes as no better than we view rats.

This winter people will die of cold and hunger ‘will Boris and co and their broods go cold and hungry .

Will they f**k .

Wouldn’t surprise me if they use the excess deaths from Pnumonia as a new varient and shout roll up for jab number 4-5 ?

Imo they pricing the working class off the roads by making driving unaffordable and making 50-70k Electric cars a more viable option for the middle classes ?

? agree mate. Most won't even own cars in 10 years if they get they're own way.  This winter is going to be a tough one I expect.  Food shortages, blackouts, elderly dying nothing is out of the question these days. This war is just part of the build back better, " you'll own nothing and be happy"  All to keep us in a state on anxiety.  That klaus schwab is just missing a cat by his side. 

The propaganda regarding this war reminds me of the other propaganda we experienced the day before it started with that mild flu like virus ? 

5 minutes ago, JBs Left Peg said:

Born if it all really is out of Govs hands at this moment why don’t they immediately knock the 20% VAT

Off Clothes - Fuel - Food - Gas - Leccy and the robbery called the Standing Charge .

All the above are essentials to life

Clothing - Warmth - Nourishment .

?????

They don’t give a f**k Is the answer.

What part of anything I’ve written makes you think I’m defending the government!? :laugh: