Lead Ban Disaster - time to get busy.

11 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Wrong mate , the ban applies to rim fire, airrifle and clay shooting too. The ban is on sale and use of lead the only exemption might be indoor target shooting where lead is not going into the environment. 

On the HSE / Reach UK date, this is a proposal only at present and whilst I have barely skimmed a few of the 220 pages, it looks like there could be exceptions. As I said earlier, hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Far far too early to be certain of the final outcome as it affect large number of jobs, vermin issues etc so just keep an open mind other than believing basc can not be trusted with our sport.

Phil

• Like 4

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On the HSE / Reach UK date, this is a proposal only at present and whilst I have barely skimmed a few of the 220 pages, it looks like there could be exceptions. As I said earlier, hope for the best an

Everyone knows this is total bullshit but the propergander keeps on rolling with fcuking wankers like basc who have their own agenda and that is not to aid most shooting men and women. To be hone

Had I gone to the Northern Shooting show today, I was heading for BASC to see what the fcuk they are doing and after reading the statement from them in my email today, I am so pleased I dropped out of

Posted Images

On 27/05/2022 at 09:53, philpot said:

Timmy, I have just found the puplic consultation document from the HSE but they are really wanting figures of ammo both lead and lead free on a GB scale not individuals so how have you filled in your entry as I have scrapped my entry as being not what they are asking for OR is there another document that applies to the individual.

I am at present wading through the 220 page UK REACH, UK restriction report which is heavy going but I am hoping to better understand the full situation of the proposals.

Phil

Most of the questions I answered by telling them to contact the shooting orgs and ammunition manufacturers for accurate info. The questionnaire made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Timmy H said:

Most of the questions I answered by telling them to contact the shooting orgs and ammunition manufacturers for accurate info. The questionnaire made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Oh I am so pleased you said that Timmy because it made little sense to me when you consider it was supposed to be for the individual which clearly it was not.

Phil

First the lead ban then a ban on shooting all together ,then lamping , then  fishing then ferreting then falconry and just like that hunting in England will be no more ,  

by 2030 I’ll be surprised if all hunting fishing falconry hasn’t been banned , 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Elchapo said:

First the lead ban then a ban on shooting all together ,then lamping , then  fishing then ferreting then falconry and just like that hunting in England will be no more ,  

by 2030 I’ll be surprised if all hunting fishing falconry hasn’t been banned , 

Yep and once the antis have won what will they moan about next and seek to ban.

2 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Yep and once the antis have won what will they moan about next and seek to ban.

Guitars (too noisy) motorcycles (too dangerous AND too noisy) then I’ll have to think of something else to do. I wonder if they’ll ban shagging due to the population being too high and therefore threatening the environment? ?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, terryd said:

Really glad I bought a 410 over and under last year :(

My mates just bought 3 moderated shotguns all for his boys , soon lead banned there worthless as can't put anything else through them 

my problem with this is the real reason there doing it.Is it because they don,t want it to get in food chain and its bad for animals.If so why are they not ripping lead pipes out of old houses if its a problem.I for one have been drinking water from a lead pipe for 30 years now and i guess that will never change because no ones gonna get rich by doing this.That is  what i think is going on here to make somebody rich and try and get us to stop shooting.Or maybe they need the lead supplys to make all these so called green electric car batteries

• Like 1