Lead Ban Disaster - time to get busy.

3 hours ago, philpot said:

I was told by an RFD I went into today that some American on youtube has carried out tests on pellets, live ammo and shotgun using all the different metals available, only one metal perfromed as well as lead for grouping and in the case of shotguns, pattern and that is GOLD. Needless to say this was only for testing but it does make you think what an uphill struggle this is likely to be.

Phil

I can see a lot of airguns going up for sale 

And an end to our sport 

Over this 

I mean why spend a couple of grand on a rifle 

If you can't get the ammo to hit out 

Rendering the rifle useless 

Atvbjimmy ???

• Like 2

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On the HSE / Reach UK date, this is a proposal only at present and whilst I have barely skimmed a few of the 220 pages, it looks like there could be exceptions. As I said earlier, hope for the best an

Everyone knows this is total bullshit but the propergander keeps on rolling with fcuking wankers like basc who have their own agenda and that is not to aid most shooting men and women. To be hone

Had I gone to the Northern Shooting show today, I was heading for BASC to see what the fcuk they are doing and after reading the statement from them in my email today, I am so pleased I dropped out of

Posted Images

2 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

And an end to our sport 

Over this 

Atvbjimmy ???

Yeah I'm afraid this is a real possibility, as I've said the lagacy manufacturers been caught napping. I'm sure we aren't out the game yet though, but it'll require some creative thinking. 

I tell you what.. There's clearly feck all of that going down at Air Arms. Weihrauch either (ckin nice though).. It'll be the Czechs it'll be bio degradable plastics and steel ballistics.. And lots of cleaning rods

A ban is coming, no doubt about that but how many will obey it? A survey a few years ago showed over 40% of shotgunned wildfowl still contained lead years after the ban on waterfowl/wetland shooting.

Now is certainly not the time to be buying new rifles though. I'm glad I'm close to giving up anyway but I feel sorry for the youngsters who will have their prized rifles turned into innacurate and feeble popguns.

1 hour ago, Timmy H said:

A ban is coming, no doubt about that but how many will obey it? A survey a few years ago showed over 40% of shotgunned wildfowl still contained lead years after the ban on waterfowl/wetland shooting.

Now is certainly not the time to be buying new rifles though. I'm glad I'm close to giving up anyway but I feel sorry for the youngsters who will have their prized rifles turned into innacurate and feeble popguns.

I have been seriously considering selling my Tikka .22 rimmy today and just stick with the hmr and air rifle fac.

Phil

• Like 1
On 21/05/2022 at 18:00, Timmy H said:

RFD was head in sand. Its not gonna happen, and its ages away.

I seems to be debatable actually how far off it is. And tbh... The bodies BASC and NSRA should be saying... No... No... You'll ruin our sport and our output is too low to consider... So. No... 

But they won't, as they think it might not happen. 

But these are some serious cretins at the pointed end of this BS. 

12 hours ago, JakeFury said:

RFD was head in sand. Its not gonna happen, and its ages away.

I seems to be debatable actually how far off it is. And tbh... The bodies BASC and NSRA should be saying... No... No... You'll ruin our sport and our output is too low to consider... So. No... 

But they won't, as they think it might not happen. 

But these are some serious cretins at the pointed end of this BS. 

2025 is the proposed date, the cut off point for using existing ammo stocks is July 2025 so it's only 3 years away. If you think it won't happen, just look at what has happened so far. BASC with a voluntary ban and the EU refusing to allow lead shot game into their food market, that's real enough isn't it? 

On 21/05/2022 at 19:47, philpot said:

I have been seriously considering selling my Tikka .22 rimmy today and just stick with the hmr and air rifle fac.

Phil

Your hmr and air rifle will be redundant too mate when the ban arrives.

• Like 1
On 21/05/2022 at 18:00, Timmy H said:

A ban is coming, no doubt about that but how many will obey it? 

You will have no choice once you've used up any ammo you have as the ban prohibits any sale too so you won't  be able to buy any.

4 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

You will have no choice once you've used up any ammo you have as the ban prohibits any sale too so you won't  be able to buy any.

True, but I know quite a few shooters who are buying in bulk now with the intention of using lead well after the ban comes into force.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Timmy H said:

True, but I know quite a few shooters who are buying in bulk now with the intention of using lead well after the ban comes into force.

I know it will be difficult to police and people will continue but you will run the risk of losing your SGC.

Imagine pigeon shooting with lead and the police turn up because the public have phoned in. How do you explain your lead cartridges? Would be awful looking over your shoulders all the time.

On 20/05/2022 at 22:59, bigmac 97kt said:

And an end to our sport 

Over this 

Atvbjimmy ???

I am afraid you may be right Jimmy. 

The only thing that's going to stop this is... Us.... 

You've all taken a lot recently. 

Vested interest groups running everything. What about your.vested interest group guys we gon a take this lying down? 

I have more news from the NSRA who thankfully have a wholly different view from BASC. 

I am just waiting to make sure I can share what he said with you. Which I can't see why I can't.... 

Some of. Includes his personal. Views so I have to be clear about what is and what isn't 

4 hours ago, paddyluke said:

BASC want lead banned so the large game shoots can export their game to the EU and sell to Waitrose,

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Studies highlight risk to health of humans and wildlife from toxic particles in meat

Sold. Down the fkin River 

I'm ringing them tomorrow.

You are cancelled. 

Any alternatives to basc ? I am tempted to cancel I went with them for the insurance and add a number to them. But it seems every one just rolls over. They should be fighting tooth and nail to batter back this stupid general licence but seem to just roll with it 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, paddyluke said:

BASC want lead banned so the large game shoots can export their game to the EU and sell to Waitrose,

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Studies highlight risk to health of humans and wildlife from toxic particles in meat

BASC were created from the old WAGBI, their core interest and most of their big money comes from gameshoots. Remember the bad publicity when some shoots were caught burying shot birds? Without a market for birds the game industry would close so switching to lead free makes sense. Unfortunately a complete lead ban also affects everyone else like airgunners and rifle shooters. Compare the amount of shot used on a big shoot day compared with that used by a couple of airgunners and it's totally unfair.

We can't ignore the health risk side of things even though the risk from a head shot rabbit is almost nil. We are being sacrificed. I don't like what is happening but I understand the reasons why.

As for the GLs, they've been in place for over 30 years with just a few modifications, they're not that much different, doves removed, shooting magpies and jays given more specific reasons. Why did that happen? Because some shooters openly broke the rules and made it worse by posting what they've done. Not so much on here but in the last few weeks I've seen someone post about shooting pigeons for an "order", shooting magpies to protect blackbirds and blue tits which are not on the red or amber list. A few years ago someone shooting stock doves and another shooting blackbirds because he thought anything black was a crow. 

I said years ago that all the anti shooting, RSPCA, WJ and similar outfits are not stupid, they will read anything and everything they can get their hands on to use against shooters. That's why I haven't posted anything in hunting for years, I'd rather do what I need quietly and tell no one.