Point to point races

Had a decent day on BH Monday, car show in the morning and Four Burrow Hunt point to point in the afternoon. 

Total winnings, £2.60 ?‍♀️ t did cost us 30 notes to get in though ? 

Cheers, D.

P3180023.JPG

P3180027.JPG

P3180025.JPG

P3180029.JPG

P3180032.JPG

• Like 7

18 hours ago, dytkos said:

Had a decent day on BH Monday, car show in the morning and Four Burrow Hunt point to point in the afternoon. 

Total winnings, £2.60 ?‍♀️ t did cost us 30 notes to get in though ? 

Cheers, D.

P3180023.JPG

P3180027.JPG

P3180025.JPG

P3180029.JPG

P3180032.JPG

Plenty of runners? Standard price for p2p now. Used to be £20 a car at our local one. 

An old friend of ours used to do point to point before it became formalised. Literally point to point across open land. He ran a livery in Oxfordshire so took whatever horses were in at the time. He had a horse called 'The Poacher' that he trained for the owner who let him use it for events so he took that whenever he could. He reckoned that it would have  jumped anything he aimed it at and always won him some prize money. 

Last point to point meeting I went to, was at redland's farm, bonvilston, 2012.  My cousin had a couple of runners there that day, so myself and a couple of mates went.

A loose horse knocked an old fella in the crowd over, and he made a claim.  So they stopped the meeting for a few years.

I think they restarted in 2019 or 2020.

13 minutes ago, sid g said:

cant think of anywhere worse than a beer tent to drink give me a nice warm pub with a roaring fire or a nice beer garden with the sun on my back ?

Point to points local to me aren’t until may and early June so only go when the sun is out ?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Plenty of runners? Standard price for p2p now. Used to be £20 a car at our local one. 

Not really tbh, 7 races, between 3 and 7 in each race.  Last time I went it was £10 for car and driver and £10 for every passenger.

My Mrs works with one of the fellas who was helping out on the catering and he said they took £5k after expenses ?

Cheers, D.

8 hours ago, dytkos said:

Not really tbh, 7 races, between 3 and 7 in each race.  Last time I went it was £10 for car and driver and £10 for every passenger.

My Mrs works with one of the fellas who was helping out on the catering and he said they took £5k after expenses ?

Cheers, D.

It’s a lot of work for not a massive return anymore. Everything has got so expensive to hire aswell 

13 hours ago, shaaark said:

Last point to point meeting I went to, was at redland's farm, bonvilston, 2012.  My cousin had a couple of runners there that day, so myself and a couple of mates went.

A loose horse knocked an old fella in the crowd over, and he made a claim.  So they stopped the meeting for a few years.

I think they restarted in 2019 or 2020.

This one was last weekend ?

• Like 1