Wales to bann all countrysports by 2024

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lads, all Nobel aims and excellent work but I just don’t see it……except at places, like game fairs, where people who like that stuff are going anyway ! Its absolutely useless standing on a stand

Call it what it is (at least to 90% of us with dog, rod or gun).    it’s a sport and the sport of kings ?    I, and most others, don’t leave the house to dig quarry or go out for a sh

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, terryd said:

Only reason I joined basc was given them support to fight because it is only orgs like them that have the ability. Lurcher work hardly comes on there radar though. But its some thing 

BASC has conceded more to the government than almost any other organisation…..every time someone suggests another nail in the coffin there are BASC getting busy with the hammer and suggesting even more sacrifices ! 
Bunch of pricks ! 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, WILF said:

BASC has conceded more to the government than almost any other organisation…..every time someone suggests another nail in the coffin there are BASC getting busy with the hammer and suggesting even more sacrifices ! 
Bunch of pricks ! 

Yea I can't argue that because they just roll with all these general license changes. But there aint much else. I know there are another couple of orgs but they are all the same

The present day British really must be the most hypocritical people on the planet. A nation of animal lovers who regard any kind of hunting or shooting of an animal abhorrent. Even if made aware of the, to them, paradoxical facts of the beneficial impact that traditional management of the countryside has in regard to preservation of native flora and fauna, not to mention the important commercial importance to rural communities. No, beastly men murdering animals is too high a price to pay no matter what benefits it may offer. They love the animals too much to condone such activities as animal welfare is all that matters. Apart from chickens and pigs, they don't count. People cannot be expected to pay the price for ethically produced eggs and meat. And as for the quality of life that many animals have that are kept as pets by this nation of animal  lovers.. I really struggle to understand their self satisfied opinion that they have of themselves as being an animal lover, poles apart from my interpretation of that title. 

• Like 2

I think one of the problems is one of perception. Us Brits love the underdog: Robin of Sherwood, Braveheart, Dick Turpin, Jimmy White?. We simply love to stick up for the individual or group that we see as being repressed in some way. This is especially so if it means we can blow a raspberry at officialdom. 

The problem is, we chop and change who the underdog is. Depending on where they are on the food chain. As an example, if the average Brit is watching a natural history programme they'll cheer on the fox as it evades a mounted pack but in next week's episode they'll cheer on the rabbit and boo the fox.

What we need is for the general public to stop seeing us as the aggressor, "attacking" small, innocent fluffy creatures, and to start seeing us as the minority. They think it's fine watching Amazonian tribes using blow-darts to shoot monkeys or Aborigines to eat roasted goanna but rabbit...how could you? Yeuch! 

• Like 3