Season over. Fk’n barbed wire!

9 hours ago, Samrog said:

Me young dog landed on some barbed wire whilst out lamping think he misjudged it being a double row of the stuff he’s normally a foot over everything. Other than the actually cut he’s absolutely fine. Vets have priced it up at £600 (??) to put him under and stitch it, pain killers and everything else. Seems unbelievable how much money but I’ve never been in for anything like this before!?
However, I’ve heard horror stories of dogs and barbed wire ripping there c*cks off and worse so overall I’m glad it should be fairly straight forward. 
Hes 13 months old, started him off lightly 2 or 3 months ago and he’s done ok, no world beater but he’s mine, we’ll be back at it Sept/ October. Cheers. 

EEF0651E-320D-4454-88E2-E9220DA1F906.jpeg

A129F46D-E8AB-45DA-B2C4-96631EEB3D2E.jpeg

thing of nothing to be honest.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doesn’t look to bad, I wouldn’t be paying £600 to get that stitched, just trim the hair around it and keep it clean and it will heal itself

Lads on a learning curve, he was concerned for the dog which was the right thing. We all live and learn.  Cheers, D.

Always better to care than not...

Posted Images

On 22/02/2022 at 08:37, Samrog said:

Me young dog landed on some barbed wire whilst out lamping think he misjudged it being a double row of the stuff he’s normally a foot over everything. Other than the actually cut he’s absolutely fine. Vets have priced it up at £600 (??) to put him under and stitch it, pain killers and everything else. Seems unbelievable how much money but I’ve never been in for anything like this before!?
However, I’ve heard horror stories of dogs and barbed wire ripping there c*cks off and worse so overall I’m glad it should be fairly straight forward. 
Hes 13 months old, started him off lightly 2 or 3 months ago and he’s done ok, no world beater but he’s mine, we’ll be back at it Sept/ October. Cheers. 

EEF0651E-320D-4454-88E2-E9220DA1F906.jpeg

A129F46D-E8AB-45DA-B2C4-96631EEB3D2E.jpeg

How's it healing? My bitch got into bit of a mess in double hedge when she got behind a munty and ended up in big bramble patch .at first it looked like a puncture wound near elbow but once washed down they not anything that needed stitching so just washed with salt water ,her coat not the best but it does help .

Atb 

20220226_163359.jpg

20220226_163414.jpg

20220226_163406.jpg

20220226_163430.jpg

4 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

How's it healing? My bitch got into bit of a mess in double hedge when she got behind a munty and ended up in big bramble patch .at first it looked like a puncture wound near elbow but once washed down they not anything that needed stitching so just washed with salt water ,her coat not the best but it does help .

Atb 

20220226_163359.jpg

20220226_163414.jpg

20220226_163406.jpg

20220226_163430.jpg

shame that pal! did she get the Munty?

Can’t beat a old school working dog vet . Is 600 quid to far away to get your dog put right ? I don’t think so better let get them done right . I have treated some terrible wounds in the past but the vet will be needed at some stage of lurcher ownership

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Qbgrey said:

Can’t beat a old school working dog vet . Is 600 quid to far away to get your dog put right ? I don’t think so better let get them done right . I have treated some terrible wounds in the past but the vet will be needed at some stage of lurcher ownership

I'd only treat a wound myself if I new I could but anytime I feel out me depth it's trip to vets and for any strains etc I got retired greyhound trainer couple doors away I call upon .

• Like 2
On 22/02/2022 at 21:42, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Doesn’t look to bad, I wouldn’t be paying £600 to get that stitched, just trim the hair around it and keep it clean and it will heal itself

Good common sense post there mate .