• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys, these are my mooching dogs. A 3/4 border collie x 1/4 kelpie and a 3/4 kelpie x 1/4 border collie. What are you guys mooching with? Thanks

little beddywhippet, does rat, rabbit, squirrel, pheasant and pigeons. 

Noggin, Ned and Maud...

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Think my next dog will probably be a Spaniel just for what I do mooching about with the catty. My daughters dog in the picture when I had her when she was on holiday soon clicked on when the catapult came out though she shocked me how hard mouthed she was .

20180902_090034.jpg

Sure giving that a crunch lol

9 minutes ago, terryd said:

Sure giving that a crunch lol

I dropped the squirrel into a thick bramble she just piled in and dragged it out crunching it. The daughter gave me instructions not to let her kill any thing as she is a family pet and did not want her nailing anything when she walks her.lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Think my next dog will probably be a Spaniel just for what I do mooching about with the catty. My daughters dog in the picture when I had her when she was on holiday soon clicked on when the catapult came out though she shocked me how hard mouthed she was .

20180902_090034.jpg

My thoughts exactly,  my next dog probably a spaniel x terrier type I would ideally like. My old dog here is 27inch and be my last big dog I think. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, terryd said:

Mooching dogs and a catty are the future and a sneaky net :) The days of whipping out ya blitz are going fast

That's pretty much what I've relied on for the last seventeen years. Unfortunately, the "countryside" around me has become more popular and more populated so, nine times out of ten, it's not safe to take a shot. 

My other problem is that, although mine bag the occasional one, I keep thinking if only they were a tiny bit faster or quicker of the mark but I doubt anybody would breed a 3/4 kelpie 1/4 whippet.?

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Mines a Russel with a dash of whippet,

nearly 2 and doing well, had lurchers and terriers in the past but I think those days are gone, or they are for me.

a little non descript mongrel and catty in my pocket and I’m having more fun than I’ve had in years.

AE75A180-246D-43D2-BEA0-CB8D8306A561.jpeg

• Like 11
36 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I often wonder what one of those spaniel terrier/beagle mix’s crossed with a whippet would be like as a mooching dog .

Spot on I reckon mate though I reckon lads who work that type don't want to loose the thick cover hunting types they are by adding whippet though I have seen some spaniel whippets that would crash through thick cover. 

• Like 3

My little kelpie bitch is coming on well with the squirrels. She had four in a fortnight, but then had lead walk only for a while after a barbed wire tear. Unfortunately, a few days before she'd have been able to be off lead again, she came in season so she's currently stuck on her tod in the garden room watching the pigeons.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Neal said:

My little kelpie bitch is coming on well with the squirrels. She had four in a fortnight, but then had lead walk only for a while after a barbed wire tear. Unfortunately, a few days before she'd have been able to be off lead again, she came in season so she's currently stuck on her tod in the garden room watching the pigeons.

I've just had 5 bitches all finish their season one after the other?...my Russell dog got out by accident, cost me £144 for the morning after jab,after getting on his daughter ?the horny little f***ing prick...

• Haha 4
  • 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Looks a strong pup mate. I might be looking for something similar next year. 

He's a little chunk mate can't wait to get him out n about, been wanting one of these crosses for a while now n finally found a litter. I took to this one straight away he just stood out from the rest of them hopefully he makes a good catty dog 

• Like 4
On 02/05/2023 at 11:33, Neal said:

I don't believe it! First day after her season had finished, I took her out to the local wood and she caught another. That's five in six weeks...and four of those weeks she was either on the lead following the injury or in the garden because of her season. I'm beginning to think I may have something a bit special here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1