The new bitch

2 hours ago, jake824 said:

Thanks. I think he s putting a half cross over her next year so be interesting to see what they make. How did u rate the bull whippets compared to a small half cross bull greyhound 

Tbh they are more suited for hole work and the odd break from cover. They won't catch what a bigger dog will and most bull whips will be missing that extra gear but saying that they suit myself and do as I ask. 

• Like 2

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been searching for a whippet bitch for a long while now. I've been looking for something heavily bred around strike while the irons hot.  Finally got a bit of luck and got my hands on a 18 month

I'd like to see a full whippet do what my bull whippet does every week. They don't have the jaw or weight to do the job I need. Hence the bull. I do not need them as fast as a full whippet. They will

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Aussie Whip said:

I don't know why you need bull blood in a whippet for hunting, they don't lack gameness. Bull blood will just slow them down and wreck their feet. Better looking at breeding good working whippets.

I'd like to see a full whippet do what my bull whippet does every week. They don't have the jaw or weight to do the job I need. Hence the bull. I do not need them as fast as a full whippet. They will have plenty of speed in the 3/4 and just a bit more weight and jaw power. Pick the right dogs and you won't mess up the feet. Plenty walking as a pup to bring them up on there pads and they'll be just fine. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Kalibrgun said:

Not on kc you can't be dodgy papers ? 

Well not that it means a lot to me but there's papers there that says different which have just changed ownership from KC so i'd say your wrong there fella. Don't worry though, you can't always be right ?

Edited by Sully.
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, Sully. said:

Well not that it means a lot to me but there's papers there that says different which have just changed ownership from KC so i'd say your wrong there fella. Don't worry though, you can't always be right ?

Did you write that pedigree usen sully 

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, Sully. said:

I'd like to see a full whippet do what my bull whippet does every week. They don't have the jaw or weight to do the job I need. Hence the bull. I do not need them as fast as a full whippet. They will have plenty of speed in the 3/4 and just a bit more weight and jaw power. Pick the right dogs and you won't mess up the feet. Plenty walking as a pup to bring them up on there pads and they'll be just fine. 

I can't see them doing what a good whippet can't, maybe better ratters. Whippets handle rabbits, foxes and even small pigs here but they are small dogs. If I wanted a bull lurcher for heavier work I'd go with grey blood just for the size. Whippets are reckless enough for their size but they aren't pig headed when working, adding bull is asking for trouble imo.

Edited by Aussie Whip
25 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

I can't see them doing what a good whippet can't, maybe better ratters. Whippets handle rabbits, foxes and even small pigs here but they are small dogs. If I wanted a bull lurcher for heavier work I'd go with grey blood just for the size. Whippets are reckless enough for their size but they aren't pig headed when working, adding bull is asking for trouble imo.

a uk whippet is  no good on fox mate fox give it an hiding lol