Too much of nothing?

2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Many dogs are catching rabbits at that age mate. 

It's always best to stack the odds in the dogs favour at the end of the day at that age. 

If the rabbits are that wise try and expand your permission, if you have ferrets though it's a no brainer. 

Don’t really know why folk would push a dog to be catching at that age though. I’m happy if they do but I don’t take pups lamping at that age. Maybe just me! 

• Like 1

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No pressure me owd bod ,chill out 10 month is young  , give her a break and try again  ,she be fine 

I remember being in the same position a lot of years ago. 12 month old bitch, one or two runs on the local fields most nights on rabbits that were more clued up than me with the lamping game. Then a o

Give her a month break don’t exercise her to much just keep her at her normal running weight take her out for very short walk on lead everyday just to empty, being rested for a good while can fire the

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

Many dogs are catching rabbits at that age mate. 

It's always best to stack the odds in the dogs favour at the end of the day at that age. 

If the rabbits are that wise try and expand your permission, if you have ferrets though it's a no brainer. 

loads are stopping bunnys by that age mate 

evryone ive kept been stopping them by 8 month 

kill a dozen or so then its nothing but hares until there gone 2 

me white un knocked its first hare over 8 month 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Don’t really know why folk would push a dog to be catching at that age though. I’m happy if they do but I don’t take pups lamping at that age. Maybe just me! 

you take them to watch your older dogs there bouncing some will be anticipating the turn nfirst time they run one been taking it in 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

It's not always like that though fella, sometimes you drop on things when out for a mooch with a lurcher and a busher. 

I wouldn't take a pup a 6 month old for a proper nights lamping, but day time mooches and a bit of ferreting, definitely.