Flightpond up and running

Been feeding a pond the last couple of weeks.  It’s in the middle of a wood and entry for the duck and shooting isn’t easy but they like it. Numbers have built quickly and took 3 tonight before letting the rest come in.....duck is a one good food :victory:

585713C6-1F53-444D-B2C1-6F1600C94D51.png

• Like 10

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been feeding a pond the last couple of weeks.  It’s in the middle of a wood and entry for the duck and shooting isn’t easy but they like it. Numbers have built quickly and took 3 tonight before lettin

We thought we had shit out but right on last light they came in. Another was unpicked and all I found in the morning was a gizzard…  

25 shots for 7 teal. Must have had 100 come in

Posted Images

9 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Let me know if any spare mate an I’ll have one, I only ever tried duck in the chinkys ??

Am out on Friday after them again mate so will drop you one off Saturday, let you have that box back aswell ?

• Like 1
On 18/10/2021 at 21:00, bell said:

Been feeding a pond the last couple of weeks.  It’s in the middle of a wood and entry for the duck and shooting isn’t easy but they like it. Numbers have built quickly and took 3 tonight before letting the rest come in.....duck is a one good food :victory:

One of the best imo. I used to be involved with a shoot which relied on released duck tbh and more than once I have come home with ten brace. I don't get many now and f***ing miss it!

Roast whole with plenty of salt rubbed in or skinned breasts cut into strips and marinated in some thai type marinade and then grilled on skewers.

?

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 3
5 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

One of the best imo. I used to be involved with a shoot which relied on released duck tbh and more than once I have come home with ten brace. I don't get many now and f***ing miss it!

Roast whole with plenty of salt rubbed in or skinned breasts cut into strips and marinated in some thai type marinade and then grilled on skewers.

?

Thats it mate. Probably my favourite meat, back at them tomorrow night, great sport !

Last ones I tried were off a small syndicate and were skin and bone presumably had some disease or other , anyway didn't get to enjoy them, I've bought duck recently but would need a couple to feed a family and gets expensive then , enjoyable bird though. I used to be on the wrong side of 600 bird duck days and think I sickened myself to driven shooting on them. Also when they struggle to flush them off of ponds it's almost embarrassing to watch. Although wild duck would be great sport I'm sure , always thought the teal was exciting ...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
On 22/10/2021 at 18:23, Borr said:

Last ones I tried were off a small syndicate and were skin and bone presumably had some disease or other , anyway didn't get to enjoy them, I've bought duck recently but would need a couple to feed a family and gets expensive then , enjoyable bird though. I used to be on the wrong side of 600 bird duck days and think I sickened myself to driven shooting on them. Also when they struggle to flush them off of ponds it's almost embarrassing to watch. Although wild duck would be great sport I'm sure , always thought the teal was exciting ...

That’s it mate, driven tame duck are a no no for me....wild duck flighting is great sport....will they come, won’t they come ..?.....a few came tonight...

• Like 1
On 18/10/2021 at 21:25, W. Katchum said:

Let me know if any spare mate an I’ll have one, I only ever tried duck in the chinkys ??

Your inbox is full pal, got a duck for you p, can drop off tomorrow (Sunday) if your about ?

I live in a coastal  area, where the practice of old style Wildfowling and Punt Gunning, was extremely popular...?

I've spent many long (and cold) hours in the semi-dark, waiting for Widgeon, Teal , etc...to drop into splashes, natural ponds and estuaries. 

Great times on those frosty mornings, and it was a stars flight away, from commercial Duck Shooting....

I would echo and agree with other contributors, in saying that, shooting ducks amidst such an artificial arena, can be fairly sickening.?

I remember one afternoon, when an impromptu last drive was added to the day's event... 

It was fortunate that my wee cur was on hand to run out on the stubble, and retrieve twenty plus, winged and wounded birds.

If she had not been fast out of the slips , these poor ducks would have been off and away, across a busy road, and lost to possibly die, a lingering death...

I suppose, after a while, you get used to the dirty business, but that style of driven shooting ain't to my taste,...I doubt it ever will be.?

Stay safe now Brothers,...All the best, OldPhil.?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, OldPhil said:

I live in a coastal  area, where the practice of old style Wildfowling and Punt Gunning, was extremely popular...?

I've spent many long (and cold) hours in the semi-dark, waiting for Widgeon, Teal , etc...to drop into splashes, natural ponds and estuaries. 

Great times on those frosty mornings, and it was a stars flight away, from commercial Duck Shooting....

I would echo and agree with other contributors, in saying that, shooting ducks amidst such an artificial arena, can be fairly sickening.?

I remember one afternoon, when an impromptu last drive was added to the day's event... 

It was fortunate that my wee cur was on hand to run out on the stubble, and retrieve twenty plus, winged and wounded birds.

If she had not been fast out of the slips , these poor ducks would have been off and away, across a busy road, and lost to possibly die, a lingering death...

I suppose, after a while, you get used to the dirty business, but that style of driven shooting ain't to my taste,...I doubt it ever will be.?

Stay safe now Brothers,...All the best, OldPhil.?

289.JPG

That’s it Phil, chalk and cheese.....give me the cheese any day.

3 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

No comparison between released duck and wild duck ......released duck can often be an embarrassment , give me wild flighted duck any day ?

Like the difference between a hunted fox and a shot one ??

• Haha 1