Flightpond up and running

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been feeding a pond the last couple of weeks.  It’s in the middle of a wood and entry for the duck and shooting isn’t easy but they like it. Numbers have built quickly and took 3 tonight before lettin

We thought we had shit out but right on last light they came in. Another was unpicked and all I found in the morning was a gizzard…  

25 shots for 7 teal. Must have had 100 come in

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Don’t know shit about ducks other than being able to tell em apart, are they real sporting birds to shoot, or are they quite hard to get, why get it stuffed mate? 

p.a they not even that nice to eat, so don’t worry I’m not after any ???

Something about a cock wigeon mate....where we live I rarely see them, have shot the odd hen wigeon but the cocks are smart looking birds.  Their ‘weeeeeoo’ call gets the blood pumping when you hear it in the dark......where I shot this one you don’t get them so this was a bonus...

Will give you a call about that other thing. 

• Like 1
On 25/01/2022 at 06:58, bell said:

Something about a cock wigeon mate....where we live I rarely see them, have shot the odd hen wigeon but the cocks are smart looking birds.  Their ‘weeeeeoo’ call gets the blood pumping when you hear it in the dark......where I shot this one you don’t get them so this was a bonus...

Will give you a call about that other thing. 

Loads of them here and it's usually them the wildfowlers are trying to give away to everyone ?

• Like 1

Six teal and a snipe between a mate and I on Saturday flighting a small pond after a days shooting. Absolutely sick I didn't manage to pick the snipe. Fell out the sky like it'd been struck my lightening only to utterly vanish after thumping the ground...

On 27/01/2022 at 11:33, Born Hunter said:

Six teal and a snipe between a mate and I on Saturday flighting a small pond after a days shooting. Absolutely sick I didn't manage to pick the snipe. Fell out the sky like it'd been struck my lightening only to utterly vanish after thumping the ground...

Shame about the snipe BH...we had a few last week, all the years I’ve been shooting and only ever shot one ringed Greylag then in the last 6 weeks have had 2 ringed woodcock and a ringed snipe......you can just make out the ring on the picture I posted earlier....

6EB96C6D-D666-45BA-947E-AF541010BCFC.jpeg

7AA295FC-0F82-497A-AD20-644B0E5FEA1E.jpeg

• Like 1