Peregrine..

11 hours ago, Borr said:

Had a job 8 storeys up on a tower block build in Southampton, used to watch the peregrine's, they'd sit on a church steeple then head out to sea to hit a few pigeons...

Not sure if they're still using the same spot but, twenty one years ago, there were a pair nesting on the giant letters at the top of the Pall Europe building by the Hard in Portsmouth. I watched them every morning after getting off the Gosport ferry on my way to work. All the other peregrines I've seen have been rural e.g. South Downs, Cumbria, North Devon etc.

• Like 1

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's a pair of peregrines living in the quarry.they raised 2 young this year.been watching them learn to fly and start catching pigeons the last few months.seen many strikes but the pigeon sometime

Another pic..

This pair nest on the railway viaduct not far from me, they've raised young for the last 3 year in this nest, fantastic birds to watch. I remember a good mate of mine got filmed and prosecuted by that

Posted Images

This pair nest on the railway viaduct not far from me, they've raised young for the last 3 year in this nest, fantastic birds to watch. I remember a good mate of mine got filmed and prosecuted by that cnut Roger Cook fir taking eggs lol, he came up to the scheme that we lived in dressed as an Arab wanting to buy peregrines ??

IMG-20190822-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20190822-WA0000.jpg

• Like 8
49 minutes ago, brambles said:

This pair nest on the railway viaduct not far from me, they've raised young for the last 3 year in this nest, fantastic birds to watch. I remember a good mate of mine got filmed and prosecuted by that cnut Roger Cook fir taking eggs lol, he came up to the scheme that we lived in dressed as an Arab wanting to buy peregrines ??

IMG-20190822-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20190822-WA0000.jpg

Who's he think he is, Jeremy Beadle? 

3 hours ago, brambles said:

IMG-20190822-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20190822-WA0000.jpg

I remember watching that program when he dressed like that,He was a sneaky fecker.

• Like 1

Aye he appeared in the council scheme in a big black limo dressed in bed sheets lol, 1993 I think it was my mate was on the front of the Sun newspaper putting the eggs into a carrier on his chest, his auld man was renowned for taking and trapping them ?

• 6 months later...

She's been sitting on the nest for a good few weeks now..the male swaps a few times a day..I don't think the eggs have hatched yet as they ain't bringing much food to the nest..I'm working about 40ft right under the nest the last few weeks..

Screenshot_20220505-205125_Gallery.jpg.a00adbbe86b2b1883e9c6b07423484dd.jpg

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

I don’t believe this for one minute 

Lucky I spotted them a few weeks ago kev..the plan was to blast 100ft length of the bench they are nesting on...the drilling rig came in yesterday and they have moved 200ft to the right to drill and blast..lucky they are a listed species..so the quarry can't blast the section of bench they are using..

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, dytkos said:

A white man?

Cheers, D.

Still a few of those about but not many. 

Had a perigrine chasing my rollers just outside chorley few weeks back. Was quite exciting. They were crash landing in gardens and hiding for hours. 

3 pairs within 2 miles of chorley Town centre. 

b*****ds 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, king said:

Lucky I spotted them a few weeks ago kev..the plan was to blast 100ft length of the bench they are nesting on...the drilling rig came in yesterday and they have moved 200ft to the right to drill and blast..lucky they are a listed species..so the quarry can't blast the section of bench they are using..

Good spot that mate very interesting 

2 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Good spot that mate very interesting 

I'm surprised how tolerant they are to noise the 100ton crusher is running 12hrs a day about 200ft away 1 bench below them and it makes some serious noise..they don't seem fazed at all by it..

Screenshot_20220505-214313_Gallery.jpg.c1b74b712b1aa977b42b851e4f48bdd3.jpg

• Like 1