FAC application, some help and advice please

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I may live to regret this but i hope not. If it helps you, you are welcome to come over here (south of Preston) and i will take you to one of my places. I will run through the safety aspects and set u

I thought I was a bit over dressed at the last .223 convention ?

Just a quick update to say that my FAC landed today ?. All calibres which I applied for have been granted so it’s time to go shopping ?. I would also like to thank everyone for your help and

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

If I need a deer calibre , also for fox .I would get a silencer and night vision do I have to put that down the nv part ? Also a .22 rim fire for rabbit how do I write it on form 

If you were going to go for deer legal and same rifle for fox, you would probably go .243, you would put the sound mod in the firearms you want to be granted section ( .243 sound moderator) as it’s a prohibited item and must be granted along with the rifle, you don’t need to put anything down for NV or scopes

you will put the .22 down as .22 long rifle ?

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Be Saturday morning and Sunday. If the wind is right. South or westerly will do.

Think I know where she is frequenting, going of my dogs nose this afternoon. 

Bet she dodges me!

I'm hoping to find some time for my ghost vixen Saturday. All depends on the lambing gods!! 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Qbgrey said:

Chaps if a person with no firearms liscence goes out for the evening foxing with a guy with a licence can he  let his mate shoot the rifle in his presence????

Whats works in Sweden a person over 15y can borrow a rifle/shotgun under supervision of the owner as a part of hunting or education. A child over 9y can borrow a rifle for practice or competition under supervision of a shootingclub.

Authorised lending and possession of firearms for hunting etc

6.18 Section 11A of the 1968 Act allows a non-certificate holder (‘the borrower’) to borrow and possess a rifle or a shot gun from another person (‘the lender’) on private premises lawfully, only if they meet the following four conditions and if, in the case of a rifle, the borrower is aged 17 or over:

• (i) That the borrowing and possession of the rifle or shot gun are for either hunting animals or shooting game or vermin, and/or for shooting at artificial targets;
  • (ii) That the lender must be aged 18 or over, holds a certificate for the borrowed firearm and either has the legal right to allow others to enter the premises for hunting animals or shooting game or vermin, or has written authorisation from such a person to lend the rifle or shot gun on the premises;
  • (iii) That the borrower’s possession and use of the rifle or shot gun complies with the conditions placed on the lender’s certificate; and
  • (iv) That the lender must be present during the period during which the rifle or shot gun is borrowed. Alternatively, the borrower must be in the presence of another person who is aged 18 or over as described under either subsection 11A(3)(c)(i) or (ii) of the 1968 Act, provided that they hold a certificate in respect of the borrowed rifle or shot gun.
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Just a quick update to say that my FAC landed today ?.

All calibres which I applied for have been granted so it’s time to go shopping ?.

I would also like to thank everyone for your help and advice especially to @ianm and @Stavross for their kind offers of mentoring.

Thanks again everyone 

Steve

• Like 5