Permissions

I write them out myself,go anywhere you like .take a cheap bike chain,put on gate and off you go,police come,you have a key for the gate," look officer my key opens gate"!!! Got me out of trouble on a particular bit of ground.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Never had written permission in my life. And very little verbal come to think of it. Lol. 

Any thing from a nod to a dirty look from the land owner means full permission has been granted. 

Being told to fcuk off and don't come back just means he's having a bad day and he'll be grand next time. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

And there you have it, Stoner; Be a big, tough outlaw. Walk where you please. Fukk any and every man and his laws. They don't apply to the Men With Dogs.

But, woe betide you if you're black, living in London and carry a knife, because every other fukker is.

All makes sense, doesn't it?

Then, when they Ban being seen with a skinny dog, within a hundred yards of a deer? Oh, there Shall be a wailing and a gnashing of teeth! :D

Got to love key boards!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
15 hours ago, Stone14 said:

Do you get written agreements, what you can and can't do  how cancelation works etc or do you just go of verbal?

Stone , you’ve been asking questions in the rifle section, so you are I’m taking it going to be using a rifle/ firearm ? You would legally be required to have permission to shoot on the ground from the landowner. The advice you are getting in the general section is mainly from members who hunt dogs or catapults , spears , boomerangs , and water pistols. 
          The penalties for ignoring the law with anything to do with firearms is severe, you would be best advised to follow the letter of the law , get written permission, cross all the T’s and dot all the i’s , and leave nothing to chance , because if anything goes wrong or you are reported or stopped by plod you will lose your ticket and maybe your liberty.

Edited by shovel leaner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No never had written permission. Just phone numbers if ever needed. Other than in a very few instances, even with permission, I’ve always acted with discretion. You may well be in the right but few land owners have the temperament to put up with agro, so just avoid it where possible. 

Certain field sports require written permission by law though. But those tend to have even more reason to be discrete.

10 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

No never had written permission. Just phone numbers if ever needed. Other than in a very few instances, even with permission, I’ve always acted with discretion. You may well be in the right but few land owners have the temperament to put up with agro, so just avoid it where possible. 

Certain field sports require written permission by law though. But those tend to have even more reason to be discrete.

I’ve got to say I don’t have written permission, but I do have permission and like you the phone numbers. I also warn the landowners about when I visit and my whereabouts . If you start to ask farmers to sign things they tend to run a mile . ?I don’t think it’s a legal requirement to have a written piece of paper . But until you have an open ticket , the land on which you intend to shoot needs to be passed as suitable. Very flat stoney ground near houses for example might not be classed as suitable. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I’ve got to say I don’t have written permission, but I do have permission and like you the phone numbers. I also warn the landowners about when I visit and my whereabouts . If you start to ask farmers to sign things they tend to run a mile . ?I don’t think it’s a legal requirement to have a written piece of paper . But until you have an open ticket , the land on which you intend to shoot needs to be passed as suitable. Very flat stoney ground near houses for example might not be classed as suitable. 

Totally agree and much overlooked point by the police IMO. Most of my permissions are through keepers or I’m out with a mate on theirs. Any agro and I’d be on the phone to them, but as I said I would opt to avoid it.

Only legal requirement for written permission I can think of is terrier work.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

Stone , you’ve been asking questions in the rifle section, so you are I’m taking it going to be using a rifle/ firearm ? You would legally be required to have permission to shoot on the ground from the landowner. The advice you are getting in the general section is mainly from members who hunt dogs or catapults , spears , boomerangs , and water pistols. 
          The penalties for ignoring the law with anything to do with firearms is severe, you would be best advised to follow the letter of the law , get written permission, cross all the T’s and dot all the i’s , and leave nothing to chance , because if anything goes wrong or you are reported or stopped by plod you will lose your ticket and maybe your liberty.

Yeh id be using FAC firearms, I just assumed everyone used firearms in this forum. Thanks for the headsup. Still in learning mode so I'm prepared as far as possible. 

Edited by Stone14
  • Like 1