Veiw from your office

6 minutes ago, baker boy said:

I've had my compound turned over again, I thought Caldicot was a nice area, security turned up a day late ??

there's a site at shirenewton  or that one English side of the old bridge ...you down by the Black rock under the new bridge???

got a few farms that way,next to the big Redrow site?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leaving home for the office View from the office. Closer view from the office.....they are farmed deer.... The office. Planting new trees and re-establishing old lines

Beautiful day this morning. Cheers Arry

Posted Images

proper job?10mm pipe bedding... inspector is out in the morning,when he passes it I can backfill and concrete,got to put in 2 X new manholes out the back....got 130mm from outside of footing to next doors boundary...and there's a f***ing wall buried running along the length of it,I will have to smash out ?DSC_2400.JPG.9bf9b187cfc7fb6028c9cacf1e7b51d8.JPG

• Like 1

It’s nice to see it been done right, you have been in this game a longer than me so will of seen a lot more then me, but the amount I’ve seen where they just get concreted in or even back filled with clay under a house floor is shocking, I did one a few weeks back in a little utility and they were complaining about the smell, when I ripped it out someone had used 4” perforated land drain and backfilled it with rubble, and these people get paid for that ?

• Sad 1
42 minutes ago, Stavross said:

It’s nice to see it been done right, you have been in this game a longer than me so will of seen a lot more then me, but the amount I’ve seen where they just get concreted in or even back filled with clay under a house floor is shocking, I did one a few weeks back in a little utility and they were complaining about the smell, when I ripped it out someone had used 4” perforated land drain and backfilled it with rubble, and these people get paid for that ?

When people phone me with rats in cavity the first thing I look for and indeed expect to see is an extension. The standard of drainage work under new builds is often shocking 

• Like 1
On 15/09/2021 at 17:37, Saltmoon said:

Looking at walls all day 

20210915_162003.jpg

20210915_161954.jpg

…that’s terrible quality ….the old boys out here in Spain know how to chuck a block down …proper old world look ??, non of that flat finish here ??

568CD45F-6675-44AC-A822-9DE3D71C7A06.jpeg.92bb393587f852f2e9fe06cae01de9e9.jpegD531350C-2723-480C-9BF1-FCB5F8D742A2.jpeg.190e7edba4152f2bb8fbb9e63165c74b.jpeg43385FA4-90F7-4404-BAE0-BC01CC11ED9D.jpeg.dc26ef3a6d58bab50164ffe5c2af6c5d.jpeg

the bottom picture are their plumb lines ???..their still hanging there three weeks on , at some point the strings got to break , I’m just hoping it’s one of the brick stackers ( I can’t bring myself to call them bricklayers ) that’s under it when it goes ..The round one is from diamond core drill , it must weigh 5lb , it’s three story's high ….

edited to say these apartments start at 270,000€ ..

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Stavross said:

nothing surprises me these days mate.. the floor I dug out today was only 40/50 mm max of concrete ?the standard of work on the new sites is shocking...one of the reasons I left and went with a smaller outfit,working with lads who don't cut corners...I spent 12 yrs putting everyone else shit right...had boys on close to £30 per HR and couldnt put a pipe in tidy...lost count of how many I've dug and relayed over the yrs( mostly hand digs)..half can't even stone up the right level for you to lay slabs on?I know loads of lads on £200 plus a day...I wouldn't pay em a Gregg's breakfast a day...useless cnuts you end up carrying until they sent somewhere else and they found out,and f****d off ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

nothing surprises me these days mate.. the floor I dug out today was only 40/50 mm max of concrete ?the standard of work on the new sites is shocking...one of the reasons I left and went with a smaller outfit,working with lads who don't cut corners...I spent 12 yrs putting everyone else shit right...had boys on close to £30 per HR and couldnt put a pipe in tidy...lost count of how many I've dug and relayed over the yrs( mostly hand digs)..half can't even stone up the right level for you to lay slabs on?I know loads of lads on £200 plus a day...I wouldn't pay em a Gregg's breakfast a day...useless cnuts you end up carrying until they sent somewhere else and they found out,and f****d off ?

It baffles me, some of the things I’ve seen, you think ? you have given yourself more work doing it the wrong way 

it’s not just doing this, I spent 20 odd years in the motor trade trying to get lads to do it right first time and not just quickly so they could go home

Edited by Stavross

Gave the kids a hand to finish the cladding off, mainly because I wanted to get fake grass secured properly, he had me bring 6” over the front to run along the cladding ( he seen it in a magazine) I thought it would look sh*t but I think it looks quite good ? 

A3CAFC85-1401-438F-8770-91A6C1CECD4F.jpeg

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

DC , the standard of some of the work out here would make yours eyes bleed , the block work above is for a major British contractor , back home the site agent would have kicked it over before they got up three courses and chucked them off site , well they would have in my day ..the ground work is frightening ..

• Like 1