• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As they were saying on the news. SGC holders in Britain have been around half a million since the last mass shooting in 2010. Half a million people with legally held shotguns and none of them went on

We all know how strict it is but for lefty wet wankérs, this type of utter tragedy (a 3yr old ffs you utter evil cunť!!) just gives them more ammo (no pun) to try tighten our nuts even more

Totally agree , police incompetence. The guy had his SGC revoked because of violence yet they returned it to him......I cannot understand this at all.

This is just my opinion, but I think firearms licensing need to get their house in order, in order to get an FAC you have to jump through a lot of hoops ( and I’m not saying they get this right every the time) but it seems they dish out SGC to anyone, I can name at least half a dozen people that I know personally that own shotguns that I wouldn’t let hold a catapult, I also know someone who had FAC and SGC and has had them taken off him twice over the years, he’s now in the process of applying for them back again and has someone high up in a shooting organisation helping him ( who’s telling him, he carries a lot of clout and will get him them back, no doubt with a few brown envelopes been past around) 

one of the easiest ways to give you an idea if someone is suitable for a SGC or FAC is to allow firearms licensing access to the applicants social media, I bet there would be a lot of refusals, but no doubt people would see this as an infringement of their human rights 

I also think air rifles should be licensed along with bows ( but this is another can of worms) crossbows and them air soft thing that look real should be banned 

As they were saying on the news. SGC holders in Britain have been around half a million since the last mass shooting in 2010. Half a million people with legally held shotguns and none of them went on the rampage in eleven years, so the system can’t be too far wrong. Things like this will always happen from time to time no matter what laws are in place. 

• Like 9

95% of people are no doubt suitable to hold a SGC, the problem I see is that firearms licensing do not scrutinise a shotgun application in the same way as a FAC, out of the ones that are not suitable a fraction of them would likely do something like this mental scumbag, that doesn’t mean because they wouldn’t shoot someone that they should be allowed to hold a SGC

if it’s true that he was recently reissued his SGC after having it revoked then that clearly shows that someone is not doing their job properly, 

Just because they do a criminal record check and sometimes a medical records check to see if they have been on the happy pills doesn’t mean you are suitable to hold a SGC or a FAC

Sorry for the rant, but this kind of thing proper fu*ks me off, because when things go wrong everyone who has firearms gets the blame ( dunblane is a prime example of this, the actions of one idiot affects everyone else)

I dont see how the application process can be any stricter,  we have the strictest licensing system in the world. You cannot legislate for nutters , but as Stav says there are loads of people with shotguns that shouldn't,  it amazes me at times.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Stavross said:

This is just my opinion, but I think firearms licensing need to get their house in order, in order to get an FAC you have to jump through a lot of hoops ( and I’m not saying they get this right every the time) but it seems they dish out SGC to anyone, I can name at least half a dozen people that I know personally that own shotguns that I wouldn’t let hold a catapult, I also know someone who had FAC and SGC and has had them taken off him twice over the years, he’s now in the process of applying for them back again and has someone high up in a shooting organisation helping him ( who’s telling him, he carries a lot of clout and will get him them back, no doubt with a few brown envelopes been past around) 

one of the easiest ways to give you an idea if someone is suitable for a SGC or FAC is to allow firearms licensing access to the applicants social media, I bet there would be a lot of refusals, but no doubt people would see this as an infringement of their human rights 

I also think air rifles should be licensed along with bows ( but this is another can of worms) crossbows and them air soft thing that look real should be banned 

Air guns are already restricted. Bows and Crossbows are already restricted. Air Soft same as kids toys that look realistic. Restriction only stops when ALL privately owned shotguns/firearms become illegal. Our gun laws are more than up to the standard required, the odd f**k short who slips the net is no different to the drunk driver/boy racer who kills innocents. 

Air guns are only restricted by age and power, you can still do a lot of damage with a sub 12lb air rife, bows are restricted by age and some of them compound bows are crazy how powerful they are, yet an 18 year old clown can buy a bow or crossbow and shoot next doors cat because he thinks it’s a laugh, I only have these views because of the idiots I’ve come across over the years and because I’m 9 bottles of peroni in ?

In all seriousness I fu*king hate imitation firearms and crossbows and think that any weapon, be it shotgun, rifle, air rifle, bow,  should have to be registered to its owner

• Like 1

I can agree with you on the imitation firearms bit but i think that harsher penalties for misuse of air guns/bows  under the existing laws that target law breakers is better than further restrictions on the vast majority who follow those laws. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Stavross said:

They already have. What do you think MI5 do in the 3 months when you apply?

They'vre searching for known connections to terrorist / extremist groups and checking for anything alarming that you've been posting anywhere. Through OSCINT tools they can find anything you've posted ever. You complain about lax laws but the Police can't check every post made between granting a cert and renewal. It's not along ago someone on here was saying they had a friend they knew had unsuitable behaviour and had applied but wouldn't report that to the police as it was grassing him. I said that person should report it. Well this is the result of attitudes like that. We shouldn't be grasses in life generally, but with firearms if someone has unsuitable behaviour you have a duty to report it if you know they are applying. These could easily backlass on genuine people's right to hold firearms. Some are already calling for blood regarding how did this person get a firearm.

As others have said, we have the toughest firearms rules in the world. You cannot legislate for nutters. To put this in contrast, (not that it makes it any better), but in the US there have been 5 mass shootings this year already according to the statistics I could find, compared to 1 in 11 years in the UK. Those statistics go as high as 9 in one year.

WWW.STATISTA.COM

As of May 26, there were five mass shootings in the United States in 2021.

It's Intersting that the guy here was also reported as being of US origin. For some reason some US citizens seem to have a need to go out with a bang when things go wrong for them.

One last point here. If someone is determined enough they can always find a way.Before the killing started where terrorists ran people down in cars, I predicted several years before that was the method someone would use if they couldn't get a firearm. I didn't post it publically for fear of someone seeing it and getting the idea, but it was obvious. If some nutter is determined there's always a way. The secret is to make it as hard as possible for those unsuitable which is what we have done with firearms. The laws couldn't be any tougher. In fact in some areas, I'd argue they're too tough - FAC airguns for one being on FAC and not SGC.

Edited by Alsone
  • Confused 1

MI5 don’t check your suitability to own a firearm, if you have come to the attention of MI5 it will be on the police national computer and the firearms department will be aware of that 

I don’t think that firearms laws are lax, but the one thing that bothers me is how easy it is for someone who is unsuitable to get a shotgun as long as they haven’t been in any bother for a while 

as for FAC air, that should 100% be on an FAC, it’s a single projectile, I strongly believe that any sub 12lb air should have to be registered to its owner, it’s not just about the odd nutter that goes out and kills people, it’s more about thick little idiots shooting the local wildlife or local moggie or robbing a post office with an air pistol that looks no different to a  SIG P320

my views are just that, my views, everyone has their own opinion on these things, I maybe just getting old and miserable or it might be just the amount of complete mongs I’ve come across over the years

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Stavross said:

MI5 don’t check your suitability to own a firearm, if you have come to the attention of MI5 it will be on the police national computer and the firearms department will be aware of that 

I don’t think that firearms laws are lax, but the one thing that bothers me is how easy it is for someone who is unsuitable to get a shotgun as long as they haven’t been in any bother for a while 

as for FAC air, that should 100% be on an FAC, it’s a single projectile, I strongly believe that any sub 12lb air should have to be registered to its owner, it’s not just about the odd nutter that goes out and kills people, it’s more about thick little idiots shooting the local wildlife or local moggie or robbing a post office with an air pistol that looks no different to a  SIG P320

my views are just that, my views, everyone has their own opinion on these things, I maybe just getting old and miserable or it might be just the amount of complete mongs I’ve come across over the years

Yerr, you’re getting old and miserable Stav ?. Seriously though, people who misuse airguns infuriate me, but licensing them I believe would not have any effect on these idiots, who simply wouldn’t bother to abide by it. The responsible airgun shooters would get a license, but they wouldn’t be the ones who cause a problem anyway. Just my opinion, but I think it would only serve to burden both the police and the law abiding with little or no positive outcome regarding misuse. Again, just my opinion.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

Yerr, you’re getting old and miserable Stav ?. Seriously though, people who misuse airguns infuriate me, but licensing them I believe would not have any effect on these idiots, who simply wouldn’t bother to abide by it. The responsible airgun shooters would get a license, but they wouldn’t be the ones who cause a problem anyway. Just my opinion, but I think it would only serve to burden both the police and the law abiding with little or no positive outcome regarding misuse. Again, just my opinion.

I’d put them under the firearm law and if it’s not registered and you are found in possession of it, it’s possession of an illegal firearm 

Jesus, I am old and miserable ?

• Haha 1

as allready said our gun laws are good enough.if some retard wants to kill he/she will usually grab a knife.the list of reasons to take your fac off you grows longer each year.so reasons for you not to shoot are being lookes at.leagal gun owners are not the ones shooting each other up in the hood.more should be done to take illeagal firearms of the streets.banning handguns has just proved it does not work and the ones commiting crimes with handguns would not use a registered firearm anyway.airguns as far as i am concerned are resticted enough.you have to give your details and they have to be locked away from under 18,s allready.scum do not use leagal weapons.they are stolen and imported from across the water.how safe are shooters in this country you only have to compare people injured against police,army statistics.having an fac,sgc has made me a much more responsible person who can not take many liberties like ordinary people.