Plymouth shooter

14 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

i think theres alot more to this than meets the eye with this guy, there are a few posts circling locally and the guy was definately not suitable to own a gun

Wasn't he posting clips on social media telling folk just that in?

Which poses another question, how can a gun license approval deem if you are mentally stable or not?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

People can run round attacking folks with a hammer !  Mentally unstable people will find a way. Its frankly a joke talking about the absolutely minuscule instances of people with legally held f

Come across a few landowners and gamekeepers in the past who should not have a spud gun never mind a shotgun. 

Absolute tragedy. Guy was a loner who couldn’t get a ride. Probably spent his entire youth holed up in his bedroom playing GTA. Get used to this, because we’re raising a generation of boys just like h

Posted Images

Just now, baker boy said:

Doctor has to fill in a form now stating you have no history of mental illness

Yep, I bet many folk suffering from mental illness don't go to the doctor's about their problems.

Just cos you haven't done bird or been to the doctor's doesn't mean you're mentally sound.

So what's the point of a licence in the first place, why not allow all adults to own guns free of charge?

Just now, baker boy said:

Don't be soft mate, take a look around you at half the fckn idiots walking the streets today, the licensing system isn't perfect but it keeps legal guns out of the hands of some proper fckn idiots, having an American system in the UK would mean fckn carnage

It didn't keep it out of the hands of this particular idiot did it, not at all.

4 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I know that but the licence isn't worth the certificate it's printed on in reality.

It’s everyones legal right to own a shotgun, it’s for the authorities to prove your not suitable, the system works on the whole but the odd nutter has obviously slipped through, you just love more rules to tell you what to do and were to go that’s quite clear from many of your post, much easier than trying to work things out yourself I guess ????

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Doctor has to fill in a form now stating you have no history of mental illness

Do you think that will see a reduction in approved certificates in the coming years? Lockdowns seemed to have left a mark in the mental health of a lot of people worldwide.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, baker boy said:

Yes mate quite possibly

I was thinking along those lines as a read your OP. It's been no secret that Britain has been trying to eliminate the legal use of all firearms for years and this could be a cheerful coincidence for Downing St.

• Like 4

I know someone quite close to me who was on the verge of handing his guns in because of the lockdown malarkey not because he felt like going on a shooting spree but because he just didn't feel right about having guns about with the state he was in mentally, fortunately he's back to normal now

That is good news.

I know over here that the suicide rate jumped in parts of the union for similar reasons. Handguns are a readily available option. Death by firearms feeds the national narrative even though two thirds are suicides.

I also believe the ruling elite in this country would be happy to see legal gun ownership reduced by about 95% with only the mega rich elite keeping their guns

Tyrants don't like armed citizens.

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, baker boy said:

You're telling me if every fckn idiot walking the streets could walk into a shop and buy a gun the statistics for gun related deaths would remain about the same, don't talk such utter fckn bollocks

Does the licence prevent idiots from obtaining guns nowadays?

4 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

this is one of the posts doing the rounds on local socials but also alot of petitions to ban people owning firearms in cities

image.png.fdc1fb901067f8a1ff8ef86f7eeb3e8b.png

image.png.0ff36242d64901016d61ec0c219e335e.png

I guess the good news is that he was too big to fit in the cockpit of an Apache helicopter even if he'd been able to save his giros to afford one.

• Thanks 1