lurcher prices

1 minute ago, dogmad riley said:

Just lined my bitch to keep a pup back for myself.  A couple are spoken for the rest are spare.

I will only be charging £200 a pup. If she has taken. 

Sire bull grey (10 year old)

Dam collie bull grey (6 year old) 

Screenshot_20201219-172618_Gallery.jpg

Nice to hear, hope it all works out for you ?

• Like 1

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There’s more to life than money. Did a favour for someone recently, saw them today and got given a nice big chunk of ribeye, dinner for two folk and same of t-bone, fresh cut, off cows that spend thei

Ive offered to sort a few different members(won't embarrass them) on here a terrier foc ,when asked... all bar the  1 lad messed me about...shitbox excuse after shitbox excuse, ?needed to re-home my y

All this we should stick together only sell to working homes for a reasonable price is a load of bollocks. The way working lurchers get passed about from pillar to post I would rather sell any su

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, poxon said:

Not funny for the lads that ain’t connected to a lot of lads in this game there struggle to not pay the premiums I occasionally get offered  the odd gifted pup the last one I was offered was a nice pup out of decent foxing gear to a decent race dog turned it down. soon as the pups were advised gone within a couple of days couldn’t take another pup on don’t want to over dog ones self having a couple of young dogs on the go need to get the age gaps between them right or Id over dog my self down the road as well plus wanna put all focus an work to one dog. but do feel a bit sorry for lads paying the high price tags that ain’t got a clue exactly what there buying in to 

So describe or explain being connected ? I came into this with no mates with Lurchers and no back ground in it. I didn’t know anyone with a running dog before I got one really. I’d met one traveller lad and he had a coursing bitch and I went out with him a couple Of times after chatting to him on here. I was hooked, went out with a few more lads and made some good friends off here who I am very close to abs go out a lot with 10-12 years later. 

I met a young lad recently who’s mad keen on digging, had a bit of bad luck and been screwed around and over by folk. Two of my mates are gifting him pups from Good stock.

You don’t need to be mega connected, life has a way of sorting you out if you’re a genuine person who’s obsessed with these dogs. I don’t know how but you just meet folk or somehow get known as a good person to give a dog to. And I’m one seriously anti social mother f*cker.

On that note if there is a genuine lad who cannot find a good Lurcher pup and knows no one and is staring down the barrel of £1000, I know of a good mating That’s just happened and there will be a couple Spare pups with my name on them if she takes, and my kennels are full. So would be willing to put these in the direction of someone in the above position. 

• Like 5
35 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Funny reading this, had an argument with a mate today, trying to get him to take some money for a very smart pup im getting in three weeks, seven pups in litter, lads keeping two, rest gifted. His words “I’d be offended at you giving me money mate”. So I’ll sort some meds for the dogs etc. 

I think that's a great gesture if someone gifts a pup to someone without looking for any reward. Not implying anything about your mate, but to raise a litter of quality pups and all the time and effort that goes into them, not to mention looking after the dam and giving her a quality diet up to, during and after she's pupped inorder to get her back into top condition costs money. Price puts value on things. Even a small price makes a difference. If it's a mate then I guess that is different, just thinking out loud. 

• Like 4
24 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

I think that's a great gesture if someone gifts a pup to someone without looking for any reward. Not implying anything about your mate, but to raise a litter of quality pups and all the time and effort that goes into them, not to mention looking after the dam and giving her a quality diet up to, during and after she's pupped inorder to get her back into top condition costs money. Price puts value on things. Even a small price makes a difference. If it's a mate then I guess that is different, just thinking out loud. 

It does indeed cost and that’s what I said to him, he has done one of the best jobs of a dam and litter I’ve seen, as he does with any dog he keeps. But as he said, having what he wants in his kennels and seeing his mates get pleasure from the same, is worth more than money. But there are lots of ways to repay a good turn than money. Money makes things dirty so easily. 

Edited to add - the dam was gifted to him by another in our group. So it goes round and round 

Edited by SheepChaser
  • Like 3
18 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

It does indeed cost and that’s what I said to him, he has done one of the best jobs of a dam and litter I’ve seen, as he does with any dog he keeps. But as he said, having what he wants in his kennels and seeing his mates get pleasure from the same, is worth more than money. But there are lots of ways to repay a good turn than money. Money makes things dirty so easily. 

Sounds like a real dog man mate and that's a great thing. Love for the game is what will keep it alive. Great stuff.

Edited by Neobliviscaris1776
  • Like 2
10 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

Sounds like a real dog man mate and that's a great thing. Love for the game is what will keep it alive. Great stuff.

If I’m honest he’s got to be ten years younger than me and probably one of the best dog men I know. Gets the best out of all his dogs and gives them care and attention second to none. Dogs always fit as fiddles and always top grafters. 

28 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Edited to add - the dam was gifted to him by another in our group. So it goes round and round 

What type you going for mate ?

53 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

So describe or explain being connected ? I came into this with no mates with Lurchers and no back ground in it. I didn’t know anyone with a running dog before I got one really. I’d met one traveller lad and he had a coursing bitch and I went out with him a couple Of times after chatting to him on here. I was hooked, went out with a few more lads and made some good friends off here who I am very close to abs go out a lot with 10-12 years later. 

I met a young lad recently who’s mad keen on digging, had a bit of bad luck and been screwed around and over by folk. Two of my mates are gifting him pups from Good stock.

You don’t need to be mega connected, life has a way of sorting you out if you’re a genuine person who’s obsessed with these dogs. I don’t know how but you just meet folk or somehow get known as a good person to give a dog to. And I’m one seriously anti social mother f*cker.

On that note if there is a genuine lad who cannot find a good Lurcher pup and knows no one and is staring down the barrel of £1000, I know of a good mating That’s just happened and there will be a couple Spare pups with my name on them if she takes, and my kennels are full. So would be willing to put these in the direction of someone in the above position. 

What was your first running dog, mate?

2 minutes ago, shaaark said:

What was your first running dog, mate?

My first proper running dog was a whippet. I got taken out by a guy on here once ten year ago and had a bight out with his dogs and that set me on the path to what I do now, although I don’t think he will know that. 

• Like 3
57 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Connected you don’t just go giving pups out to people you don’t know as being sound you’d at least like them to be vouched for as being a alright lad/las by a mate thats struggleing a bit to sort them out if they just starting out or not you’d like to know if there a c**t or a scum bag that puts dogs on the merry go round or not I think you said something similar the other day when trying to home that bitch you no longer had kennel space for you said you’d rather just hang on to her than just give her to any one. But you’ve also described connected by you knowing of a litter an your mate giving you pups (connected) what I mean is jo public wanting an expecting a pup to be offered if nothing is known of that person there struggle if the ain’t connected in some way ive yet to see any one pop up an say pups to any one that  wants them free of charge you get what my first comment was saying lads will struggle unless paying the full price for the cross they like some will have a touch of luck but most won’t 

3 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

My first proper running dog was a whippet. I got taken out by a guy on here once ten year ago and had a bight out with his dogs and that set me on the path to what I do now, although I don’t think he will know that. 

Do you think that's why you might 'possibly' regard your whippet as a 'one off'? 

Not being obtuse here, but I remember a lot of your posts about him, and to me, what you were describing about him, is what most whippets do. 

I've been involved with whippets, greyhounds and lurchers for about 45 years, and owned four kc reg whippets, and seen several others, that worked like trojans, were afraid of no cover, however thick or dense  and were braver than a lot of lurchers that I've seen or owned.

Not looking for an argument, just stating what I think.  ?

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

If I’m honest he’s got to be ten years younger than me and probably one of the best dog men I know. Gets the best out of all his dogs and gives them care and attention second to none. Dogs always fit as fiddles and always top grafters. 

And he was gifted the bitch ?

2 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

It’s out of the belly sister to my white bitch I lost start of last season. 

I dont know what that was mate what x ?

Edited by mC HULL
2 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Do you think that's why you might 'possibly' regard your whippet as a 'one off'? 

Not being obtuse here, but I remember a lot of your posts about him, and to me, what you were describing about him, is what most whippets do. 

I've been involved with whippets, greyhounds and lurchers for about 45 years, and owned four kc reg whippets, and seen several others, that worked like trojans, were afraid of no cover, however thick or dense  and were braver than a lot of lurchers that I've seen or owned.

Not looking for an argument, just stating what I think.  ?

Quite possibly mate, I’ve just seen a few skinny shivery whippets who were very light, had balls got sure though. 

I also never said my whippet was special above  anyone else’s, he was just a massive character and a great dog for me and I don’t think I would want to be comparing a dog to him. 

In his life he took a lot of rabbits, some Hare, mink, fox, roe, doubled up fallow.

Like I said I loved that dog and I’ve always said for me he was a one off. But also I got into other stuff which a bigger dog suited more.

Bot entirely sure of the relevance to the price of pups, but hope I’ve answered your question.