Killer whales spotted off of Cornwall

3 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Sharks don't usually eat people. 

Most attacks are testing bites with no follow up attack. 

You would only understand if you'd felt a sharks teeth. I used to have a set of shark jaws, the teeth made a knife look as blunt as a spoon. 

It's of no surprise that these probing bites cause devastating damage to a human. 

I have felt sharks teeth. Only small live ones (dogfish species) and have caught a few blues but didn't feel their teeth before releasing. 

Yes sharks don't usually eat people but sometimes do. Not much comfort I would have thought during  the last few seconds to those who have met their maker in such a way. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Crosses off Learn to paddle board off the list ?

I was fishing off my kayak off Flamborough in 2008 when the local tourist boat came close and one of the crew shouted that they had seen a pod of Orca at the north side. I Thought they were taking the

Absolutely sickening that you indulge in a past time dominated by white people !.......not a black person to be seen in your picture, proof positive of white privilege I’m sure everyone will agree ! 

Posted Images

Going off topic but I've got an interesting book written by a USAF officer. Can't find it at the moment but sure it was just called Shark Attack. 

He was tasked with compiling all known evidence of shark attacks on people throughout recorded history. In the aftermath of tragedies at sea during WWII to try and come up with a deterrent or defence against sharks to those who unexpectedly found themselves in the sharks domain. 

A fascinating book but after years of research he ends the book with... if you want to avoid being eaten by a shark stay out of the water. 

16 hours ago, eastcoast said:

A fascinating book but after years of research he ends the book with... if you want to avoid being eaten by a shark stay out of the water. 

Best 'advice' you'll ever read.  ?

On 07/05/2021 at 10:44, sandymere said:

i could do without them  popping up next to me board.......................image.png.168f91e7a0ad5f49204a1189334bb096.png

Absolutely sickening that you indulge in a past time dominated by white people !.......not a black person to be seen in your picture, proof positive of white privilege I’m sure everyone will agree ! 
Go and sell your surf board and Wet suit right away and give all the money to Doreen Lawrence for new shoes, then beat yourself with chains you horrible racist nazi ! 

• Haha 6
20 hours ago, Greb147 said:

Sharks don't usually eat people. 

Most attacks are testing bites with no follow up attack. 

You would only understand if you'd felt a sharks teeth. I used to have a set of shark jaws, the teeth made a knife look as blunt as a spoon. 

It's of no surprise that these probing bites cause devastating damage to a human. 

I didn't read your post properly. In regard to sharks not always following through and eating humans but people suffering injury or fatal wounds from exploratory mouthing. I get what you're saying. 

• Like 1