13 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Since we've veered onto the subject ..... Could anyone Please refresh my memory on what the Brown " Fanta " was all about?

Not the orange juice. There was that as well. But, back in the day we got this murky brown stuff too. Same sort of bottle. Same 'Fanta' name. Wasn't the almost black brown of coke. Perhaps more 'coffee' coloured?

We'll really need the older boys on this one. I last remember seeing it about sixty years ago. Fifty years ago? Already a dim memory.

Always wondered what the fukk it was.

Possibly something that was taken off the market after long term exposure proved to have detrimental effects? 

• Haha 1

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Grandad was a herbalist and had loads of dandelions in the garden from memory. My Dad regularly picked up, chewed the stalk then spat it out but swallowed the juice. He said it was good for the kid

And finally made me some dandelion salve, been applying to my arthritic joints for a week or so but will have to wait for the winter to set in before I can comment on benefits made three pots gave two

Used to get dandelion and burdock from the corona man as well for those old enough to remember ??

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

Possibly something that was taken off the market after long term exposure proved to have detrimental effects? 

Genuinely no idea, mate ?  I've never even thought to google it. Like, what the Fukk would I google???

I mean, this was genuinely So fukking long ago now, half the people on this forum wouldn't even have been born. We need the Parents of the older members. And I don't see a Clairvoyant in the house!

Two things have quietly plagued me, my entire life. The 'Beefburgers' I had in hospital, when I was having my tonsils out. First burgers I'd ever seen. They were out of this fukking world!!!

I can only imagine they must have been actual Hamburgers. Made with ham. Because, I swear, they had this pinky, salty thing going on. Fukking Gorgeous!

And these fukking Fanta bottles of the browny stuff. Can't even remember the taste now. Just remember it was nice as fukk.

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Genuinely no idea, mate ?  I've never even thought to google it. Like, what the Fukk would I google???

I mean, this was genuinely So fukking long ago now, half the people on this forum wouldn't even have been born. We need the Parents of the older members. And I don't see a Clairvoyant in the house!

Two things have quietly plagued me, my entire life. The 'Beefburgers' I had in hospital, when I was having my tonsils out. First burgers I'd ever seen. They were out of this fukking world!!!

I can only imagine they must have been actual Hamburgers. Made with ham. Because, I swear, they had this pinky, salty thing going on. Fukking Gorgeous!

And these fukking Fanta bottles of the browny stuff. Can't even remember the taste now. Just remember it was nice as fukk.

8CF48508-5C51-4868-92A1-63B6A2F2DDAA.png

7 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Curiosity got the better of me and I have just googled it.

An Italian thing from the '70s and the bottles are quite rare now.

Don't know where you grew up but we didn't have them in Newcastle.

God, No!!! :icon_eek: What fukking Horror is That?!? Some chemical shit cooked up in the seventies, I expect.

No, mate. This stuff had a 'Milky' look and mouth feel to it. There was nothing 'Treated Water' about it at all.

Like I say; I can't even remember now. It's just a nebulous haunting of my consciousness that's bugging the fukk out of me. Always has been.

Put a gun to my head? Best I could come up with would be a 'Pale, chocolate milkshake looking cream soda' ?

Sorry. We're getting lost here.

My above response was to Greyman.

To Dytkos: Good lord, no! I remember there was quite the fad for tinned beef burgers, in the seventies. Quite nice, actually! But, no. This was in a hospital, when we still used £, /- and d.

Eastcoast; I'd be curious to see a link to what you've found there. But this was Wayyyy before the seventies! :D Italian has an appeal though. Italian was all the rage, back then .....

7 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

God, No!!! :icon_eek: What fukking Horror is That?!? Some chemical shit cooked up in the seventies, I expect.

No, mate. This stuff had a 'Milky' look and mouth feel to it. There was nothing 'Treated Water' about it at all.

Like I say; I can't even remember now. It's just a nebulous haunting of my consciousness that's bugging the fukk out of me. Always has been.

Put a gun to my head? Best I could come up with would be a 'Pale, chocolate milkshake looking cream soda' ?

It's bugging me now as I remember it vaguely. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

It's bugging me now as I remember it vaguely. 

See?! I'm Not mad!!! :good:

3 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Remember Alpine doing a ginger beer Ken.

No. All my life I've Hated ginger. I'm Really wondering about a malt drink, now. Look how I've been trying to describe it; I was actually giving a pretty damn good Visual description of malt, without realising it.

And, as I say; The nation was pretty well convinced, around those years and before, that malt was some super food.

It's walking like a duck. If we could only pin down where that Quack's coming from ;)