Does anyone else eat Dandelions....or is it just me !

The ol woman is constantly having a go at me for it but ive eaten them for as long as ive lived out this way i always had them down as a good Vit K,Iron,Potassium source....good old fashioned immune system boosters.

• Like 4

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Grandad was a herbalist and had loads of dandelions in the garden from memory. My Dad regularly picked up, chewed the stalk then spat it out but swallowed the juice. He said it was good for the kid

And finally made me some dandelion salve, been applying to my arthritic joints for a week or so but will have to wait for the winter to set in before I can comment on benefits made three pots gave two

Used to get dandelion and burdock from the corona man as well for those old enough to remember ??

Posted Images

1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

Does anyone else eat Dandelions....or is it just me !

The ol woman is constantly having a go at me for it but ive eaten them for as long as ive lived out this way i always had them down as a good Vit K,Iron,Potassium source....good old fashioned immune system boosters.

Is that pish a beds gnash lol 

That's what there called here 

How do you prepare them?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
53 minutes ago, Francie said:

Is that pish a beds gnash lol 

That's what there called here 

How do you prepare them?

Normally on my little countryside strolls i,ll have a bottle of water so just rinse them off and munch em ?

Theres f**k all taste to them i think in the beginning it just made me feel like i fitted in with the countryside community ? now its just become force of habit....though im pretty sure they're quite good for you.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Normally on my little countryside strolls i,ll have a bottle of water so just rinse them off and munch em ?

Theres f**k all taste to them i think in the beginning it just made me feel like i fitted in with the countryside community ? now its just become force of habit....though im pretty sure they're quite good for you.

No bother to you gnash but did you ever hear the saying about picking food,always go higher than waist as animals will piss an shit all over them???

• Haha 1

I love picking at the odd plant when I’m out and about mooching. I wish I had a better knowledge of plant and fauna ... 

pocked a load of wild garlic last week and blitzed them down into ice cube trays to freeze .....

ABC4D7A9-29EB-42BE-8ECA-8A9BD168610A.jpeg

• Like 4

They are called pis en lit, i.e. piss the bed, in France so there must be something in it. The Romanians out here pick the tiny shoots and add them to salads. But then again, they are pi$$ poor.

I used to harvest sorrel and wild garlic leaves and bulbs when out on the shoot.