Pre-workouts.

2 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I would say your taking them for the wrong reasons mate , two or three weeks good training will put you right first . 

No explode won’t put 20 kg on the bar or take 30 secs off your time , it’s not that type of product , it’s more to allow you increase your workout length and give you more focus during . 

If your doing any cardio I wouldn’t recommend at all 

Probably will, just that little sleep on Sunday and early and long day Monday leaves me drained, maybe best just to push through with it. You always feel better after the session regardless. 

• Like 1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was once on an exercise , sat on my Bergan  in the middle of some wood waiting to move off onto the next serial , as we did our radio check , we were f***ing about with the batteries , getting the r

just do an honest days graft..no need for energy drinks and the gym unless your one of them vain looking cnuts that spends its life looking in a.mirror and wearing your kid sisters gym wear ??

Minge ???    

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Yeah, my mate says the shit he takes gives him tingles, fcuk knows what's in it. 

It's this ingredient that gives the tingles

ARTOFHEALTHYLIVING.COM

Beta-alanine is a very common ingredient in pre-workout performance supplements, but it can make you itch. We look at why...

• Like 1
Just now, Francie said:

Greb get on the creatine monohydrate,tried an tested an works a treat.

I've had creatine before, not sure if it did all that, certainly never got me in the zone for a session. 

It may have aided my physique mind for those 3 or so months I took it. 

I'm just as well having a black coffee and a banana beforehand

3 hours ago, Greb147 said:

I've had creatine before, not sure if it did all that, certainly never got me in the zone for a session. 

It may have aided my physique mind for those 3 or so months I took it. 

I'm just as well having a black coffee and a banana beforehand

It gives you the energy to go longer when your cells are  saturated greb,at least it's tried an tested an studied alot,an safe.

When I was training in my late teens to late twenties, a banana and a good bag of mixed nuts an hour before would give a decent energy boost.

That would see me through a good session at the club - a pint of milk would sort me out when I got home.

But, it's been a while now and, my system isn't as clean living as it was back then so, I'd probably need something extra nowadays. 

Bit of mental prep and a cup of coffee. i only have one cup of caffeinated coffee a day, in the morning so get a bigger effect if i have an extra one before training and it will still be in the systems if the take it an hour or so before but will be out of your system earlier to have less effect on sleep.

Other than the one morning cup and the odd one before training if i'm a bit listless or doing a tempo run all tea and coffee are decaff.

Edited by sandymere

F**k all that pre workout,never been a bit of me,if it's in your mind to train you'll train

Not saying some don't work,as it's obviously big business but I never messed with them tell the truth 

Only supplement I rate properly is creatine,and I haven't taken that properly in a while 

Edited by Billy b
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

just do an honest days graft..no need for energy drinks and the gym unless your one of them vain looking cnuts that spends its life looking in a.mirror and wearing your kid sisters gym wear ??

I've done more graft than a hiroshima surgeon, that house bashing is for girls. 

47 minutes ago, Billy b said:

F**k all that pre workout,never been a bit of me,if it's in your mind to train you'll train

Not saying some don't work,as it's obviously big business but I never messed with them tell the truth 

Only supplement I rate properly is creatine,and I haven't taken that properly in a while 

I agree its a sign of the times unfortunately....before the internet most of us lads in gyms had all the energy and motivation to train but no knowledge....today lads have all the knowledge in the world but need help with energy and motivation !

I put a few quid into a supplement company years ago but pulled out when i realised the market was about to become flooded with supplement companies,normal everyday bods think they're not training properly if they only eat real food these days.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

I've done more graft than a hiroshima surgeon, that house bashing is for girls. 

I would break you without fail ,before first break tubbs?give me a shout when you want to see a one man machine,and I show you railway boys how it's done ?

Not hard sitting in a van for 90% of a shift and getting payed bud?

5 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I would break you without fail ,before first break tubbs?give me a shout when you want to see a one man machine,and I show you railway boys how it's done ?

Not hard sitting in a van for 90% of a shift and getting payed bud?

You couldn't break wind boy, house bashing is like Butlins compared to proper railway work, you just don't have the power to see out a proper shift on the rail. ?