Me and a couple of equally naive pals have just invested a couple of quid in a few horses trained by Paul Nicholls....what a carry on its not cheap is it i didnt realise the dough involved in that game ?.....time will tell i suppose.

5 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Me and a couple of equally naive pals have just invested a couple of quid in a few horses trained by Paul Nicholls....what a carry on its not cheap is it i didnt realise the dough involved in that game ?.....time will tell i suppose.

f**k that.Me and a couple of pals invested in a few greyhounds a few years back.Was told as long as theyre running the appearance money more or less covers the kennel fees.Might have been alright if the poxy things weren't permanently injuring themselves.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, downsouth said:

f**k that.Me and a couple of pals invested in a few greyhounds a few years back.Was told as long as theyre running the appearance money more or less covers the kennel fees.Might have been alright if the poxy things weren't permanently injuring themselves.

I did the same when i got out the bulldogs years ago,bought a couple of dogs trained by a fella local to me Mick Puzey,used to go down the kennels and have a natter about conditioning etc didnt take me long to realise i probably knew more than he did but it was more of a hobby/fun night out than any kind of business venture,as i remember i came out about even in the end.....what i know about the gee gee's i could write on a stamp so should be an interesting few years ahead,i started to realise theres more than a round of drinks in it when they started talking contracts/solicitors etc etc ?

By the way as i remember kennel fees were £45 per dog per week back then,around 2002 ish.

Compared to 1 horse on average =

Weekly training fee £475

Annual vet fees £3000

Annual Blacksmith £1000

Race transport £300 p/race

Race entry fee £100

Annual mortality insurance £3500

Thats amongst other things.....what a game eh ! ?

Edited by gnasher16
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Me and my brother had shares in a couple of horses, with the 'elite racing club'. 

Was ok, but can get very expensive if you start getting a tad keen lol. 

• Like 1