11 hours ago, downsouth said:

Dont expect it to live much past 8years old if its lucky or have decent structure

I know what you're saying, it's why I've never owned a giant breed. Hoping the mix of them might be slightly healthier? As long as it keeps the indigenous cnts at bay while it's here, lol.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few months back my lad was getting picked on by a couple of little pricks.. retaliated and gave the one kid a good slap...day later as he was coming in the front door,someone asked him if his parents

One that got me looked similar to this, same eyes an all

best guard dog i ever seen was a border collie dog used to guard the yard next to the farm i used to ferret on it was one evil sneaky cant of a dog was ok with the farmer and his lads but any one else

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I know what you're saying, it's why I've never owned a giant breed. Hoping the mix of them might be slightly healthier? As long as it keeps the indigenous cnts at bay while it's here, lol.

Trouble is its mixing 2 breeds that are well known for having poor structure and not very good longevity.OK you have 25% corso in there but they are basically just a Neo based bandog anyway and a hell of a lot of them Ive seen have very week nerves.If you want to go for something mastiff based maybe look for a litter with something a lot more structurally sound mixed with the mastiff.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, gnipper said:

Not fancy a cattle dog aussie whip?

I think cattle dogs are unbeatable as a guard for your ute but they aren't big dogs. We moved to a pretty remote aceage and really only want a dog to have a loud scary bark to alert us with anyone coming down the track.

11 hours ago, downsouth said:

Trouble is its mixing 2 breeds that are well known for having poor structure and not very good longevity.OK you have 25% corso in there but they are basically just a Neo based bandog anyway and a hell of a lot of them Ive seen have very week nerves.If you want to go for something mastiff based maybe look for a litter with something a lot more structurally sound mixed with the mastiff.

I wouldn't have looked at a straight dane/ neo but the corso dane mother looked pretty athletic and the neo father is a leggier type not a monsterous show type. I'm just too old to deal with big agile, highly driven dogs. All it has to do is sit on the verandah and look the part. The mrs used to hunt pigs with English mastiff/ danes and didn't have a problem apart from them crushing the pigs skulls before she got to them.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I wouldn't have looked at a straight dane/ neo but the corso dane mother looked pretty athletic and the neo father is a leggier type not a monsterous show type. I'm just too old to deal with big agile, highly driven dogs. All it has to do is sit on the verandah and look the part. The mrs used to hunt pigs with English mastiff/ danes and didn't have a problem apart from them crushing the pigs skulls before she got to them.

Do you know anything about the breeding behind the Neo sire as there have been a few sent out to Oz from a well known kennel over here that were promoting them as working line Neo's when in fact they were all crosses to some degree and now the kennel in Oz are advertising them as pure working line Neo's.They produced some cracking dogs if you wanted healthier mastiff types but unfortunately couldnt tell the truth about them.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, downsouth said:

Do you know anything about the breeding behind the Neo sire as there have been a few sent out to Oz from a well known kennel over here that were promoting them as working line Neo's when in fact they were all crosses to some degree and now the kennel in Oz are advertising them as pure working line Neo's.They produced some cracking dogs if you wanted healthier mastiff types but unfortunately couldnt tell the truth about them.

I don't know to be honest but the dog is pretty leggy and fits it's skin. It doesn't look like a pure to me but they reckon he was DNA tested. After talking to you and another person about these type of dogs I am having doubts about getting the pup. I have put a deposit so hopefully get refunded. I haven't had much to do with mastiffs myself, the biggest was a 50kg Am Bulldog who really was a great guard and family dog but was a little big for what I like. Interesting about the Neos sent over here, they should be honest because genuine dog people would understand the benefits of outcrossing in those types.

4 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I don't know to be honest but the dog is pretty leggy and fits it's skin. It doesn't look like a pure to me but they reckon he was DNA tested. After talking to you and another person about these type of dogs I am having doubts about getting the pup. I have put a deposit so hopefully get refunded. I haven't had much to do with mastiffs myself, the biggest was a 50kg Am Bulldog who really was a great guard and family dog but was a little big for what I like. Interesting about the Neos sent over here, they should be honest because genuine dog people would understand the benefits of outcrossing in those types.

Out of interest he wouldn't belong to a kennel called fortress mallosers or something like that would he.Do you have any pics of him?

1 hour ago, downsouth said:

Out of interest he wouldn't belong to a kennel called fortress mallosers or something like that would he.Do you have any pics of him?

No pics, the people just have the neo and the dane/corso. They are refunding my deposit, I think I'll look for something with better form and a bit lighter build. Was looking at getting a pure corso but don't like the sound of weak nerves as you say some have. Probably better getting something like a bull arab, at least they are bred to work, culled ruthlessly and make decent guards.

1 hour ago, Aussie Whip said:

No pics, the people just have the neo and the dane/corso. They are refunding my deposit, I think I'll look for something with better form and a bit lighter build. Was looking at getting a pure corso but don't like the sound of weak nerves as you say some have. Probably better getting something like a bull arab, at least they are bred to work, culled ruthlessly and make decent guards.

Neo blood works well mate as long as its crossed with something a lot more functional

• Like 1