Lack of parental responsibility?

12 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Tell you kid go to school listen do as told lol

i tell mine get school listen be polite but if the teachers telling you something  you think different question them she does 

I said attend school and behave. Pretty much the same thing as your “listen, be polite”?

Totally agree that we should all encourage independent thinking in young people. I think critical thinking and problem solving is much more entrenched in modern education than the ‘parrot fashion’ I learned stuff years ago. I have a habit of asking both mine over the dinner table what they learned at school that day. And certainly on social subjects, I’ll ask what they thought about what they were being taught. Most of the time they pull a face and fcuk me off, but we’ve had a few good discussions too.

• Like 2

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can speak with a little bit of knowledge on school. In the UK we put massive pressure on kids......and I mean massive, from the time they are babies of 4 ! Almost nobody else is doing that

WILF is 100% correct.  There is absolutely no connection between academic achievement in primary school and how much money people earn at 30. Once you take the top few percent of really clever ki

I've said that for years, cooking and healthy eating should be one of the staples of education in the UK, the same as First Aid, they should be both instilled by the time you're an adult.   

Posted Images

1 minute ago, pesky1972 said:

I said attend school and behave. Pretty much the same thing as your “listen, be polite”?

Totally agree that we should all encourage independent thinking in young people. I think critical thinking and problem solving is much more entrenched in modern education than the ‘parrot fashion’ I learned stuff years ago. I have a habit of asking both mine over the dinner table what they learned at school that day. And certainly on social subjects, I’ll ask what they thought about what they were being taught. Most of the time they pull a face and fcuk me off, but we’ve had a few good discussions too.

I disagree they have to fall in line now and be robots or the school make it hard you maybe 2 teacher out a twenty that’s open minded rest commy

Mine had places but honestly I didn't want them in. I kept them out to minimise exposure for us and for the kids who had to be in because they really couldn't look after themselves or had nobody at home who could. Mine might not be bright and shiny at teams lessons but they sure learned a lot about responsibility and looking after themselves. Long as they get through and move on that's all we care about. One of my girls got into the light mechanics course at the local college, I'm over the moon. She really struggled with everything this past year but she's bright and talented, just not by their standards. Government and their ridiculous expectations can go hang. I'll be thrilled when they walk out of high school for the last time and they haven't got constant clouds hanging over them.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Francie said:

Sucka the backa of my sacka,?

Tha losing the plot Francie. 

Seems like a case when the dominant  male (Max) is culled, an imposter immediately moves in.  ??

Edited by Greb147
1 minute ago, lurchergrrl said:

Mine had places but honestly I didn't want them in. I kept them out to minimise exposure for us and for the kids who had to be in because they really couldn't look after themselves or had nobody at home who could. Mine might not be bright and shiny at teams lessons but they sure learned a lot about responsibility and looking after themselves. Long as they get through and move on that's all we care about. One of my girls got into the light mechanics course at the local college, I'm over the moon. She really struggled with everything this past year but she's bright and talented, just not by their standards. Government and their ridiculous expectations can go hang. I'll be thrilled when they walk out of high school for the last time and they haven't got constant clouds hanging over them.

You kept them in to limited exposure to you incase any kids parents was in hospital working around it lol 

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

Tha losing the plot Francie. 

Seems like a case when the dominate male (Max) is culled, an imposter immediately moves in.  ??

Max had chop again lol 

some power crazy mods on here wouldn’t want them finger on the button ? 

Just now, mC HULL said:

You kept them in to limited exposure to you incase any kids parents was in hospital working around it lol 

I work in a hospital so I was around it all the time, that was more than enough for me. It was an effed up, strange and stressful time for us all, so I did what I felt was best for us as a family ?

• Like 2
Just now, lurchergrrl said:

I work in a hospital so I was around it all the time, that was more than enough for me. It was an effed up, strange and stressful time for us all, so I did what I felt was best for us as a family ?

?? I was wrong there you was really shielding the other kids ?? 

2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

?? I was wrong there you was really shielding the other kids ?? 

Well kinda, partly...and the bare fact is I wasn't going to win an argument with two 15 year old girls who did not want to go ? Long as they were doing their on line stuff then the deal was they didn't have to go in. They had to organise things when I was working and get on with it themselves, and apart from the odd bump in the road, they managed. If they had fobbed it off I'd have made them go. They slacked off now and then but to be quite honest, I'm not overly bothered. They're good kids.

• Like 2