• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gents to say I’m excited is an understatement I’ve just sold my old ProQ smoker on eBay and it surprised me how much I got for it so I took the plunge and have upped my game to an American Pit Boss Au

Buddy did a little BBQ for mother's day  

Was handsome 😋 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, waltjnr said:

IMG-20210417-WA0000.jpg

They're all good mate , but what atracts me to the pit boss is it's just so versatile  you can do big,small slow or fast and not much faffing about trying to maintain temperature plus they look good imo

• Like 2

I think socks got the last one  , struggling to find anything of a company I can trust , may have to upgrade if I can't find one , I'm just waiting to hear back from a couple of places,  been told  pit boss are looking at concentrating more on the navigator and pro series range for the future uk sales. 

@kanny I’ve just looked on BBQ Land and they have only got the smaller version £599 the XL must be really popular.

edited to say navigator is a nice one but not a patch on the colour scheme of the Austin XL and no chimney you’ve got to have a chimney one of life’s necessities.

Edited by FLATTOP
  • Like 1

Me and my son have had a bit of a Willy waggling contest lately on whose got the best smoker he’s just gone and had this absolute beast custom built by a company in Yorkshire called Meat City Smokers the chimney can be moved either side reverse flow or normal, I’m going to see him next week let’s see if he can produce the goods ?
CF98D002-C12C-496D-98DC-D9AA7D251D02.jpeg.da95a8d020f633f81ead05506aeb504d.jpeg

• Like 6
24 minutes ago, socks said:

Just been to Dan the man and got myself these to do tomorrow ... any tips FT ? ........

C2168266-585A-4DED-8787-E3A20D44F3A6.jpeg

One thing the yank are insistent on is removing any silver skin and hard fat,  good luck looking forward to seeing the results ? watch a couple of videos the  mad bbq scientists is a good channel 

4 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

@kanny I’ve just looked on BBQ Land and they have only got the smaller version £599 the XL must be really popular.

edited to say navigator is a nice one but not a patch on the colour scheme of the Austin XL and no chimney you’ve got to have a chimney one of life’s necessities.

Cheers mate , I'm in no rush I've plenty to be doing in the meantime so I'll hold out for now ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, socks said:

Just been to Dan the man and got myself these to do tomorrow ... any tips FT ? ........

C2168266-585A-4DED-8787-E3A20D44F3A6.jpeg

Definitely remove the sinew on the ribs especially on the side that is showing and if you apply a rub to the ribs use frenchies mustard to make it bond and leave overnight I use the 3 2 1 method 3 hours at about 225/35f spray with cider after 30 mins of cooking and then wrap after the 3 hours in foil a little bit of cider and sticky sauce diluted, same again 225/35 for another 2 hours and then final hour open up foil paint sticky bbq sauce over ribs heavily leave the foil open and again same temp so in all 6 hours they will fall apart and melt in your mouth.

If that’s a bit of brisket I tried one in my old ProQ smoker with reasonable success but I am yet to do one in the Pit boss yet so i would be blagging it if I advised, good luck mate I look forward to the pics

• Like 1